Six Wii launch titles now confirmed

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
According to the recent issue of Nintendo Power magazine (August), they have confirmed the following six titles as confirmed launch games for the Wii console:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Red Steel
Rayman Raving Rabbits.

It has been widely reported that the codenamed Super Mario Galaxy was never going to be a launch title so no surprises there. Im sure many more titles will be added to the list as the release dates draw nearer.

Awesome, all i care about is Twilight Princess, as long as they it for release i will be happy :) MP3 is going to be awesome as well and tho i have never really played a monkey ball game im sure it would be fun on the wii

Is there a release date for the wii yet?

Still unconfirmed from Nintendo, but an earlier press release said they will be releasing the release date in september.

Sounds like a pretty good launch line up, especially with both MP3 and Twilight Princess. I would take a good guess that list will be a bit bigger by the Wii's release date.

i0n said:
According to the recent issue of Nintendo Power magazine (August), they have confirmed the following six titles as confirmed launch games for the Wii console:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Red Steel
Rayman Raving Rabbits.

It has been widely reported that the codenamed Super Mario Galaxy was never going to be a launch title so no surprises there. Im sure many more titles will be added to the list as the release dates draw nearer.
We might have to wait for the release in Japan to see what possible games we can find everywhere else

I think they are really smart to have MP3 and Twilight Princess on the launch, b/c with all the "wii" name haters around i think those two games will make it known that it is no kiddy console.

Sorry if you already know this but is you go to play.com they are allowing you to pre order a number of games for the Wii the release dates state 25.12.06 and prices are all £49.99

tigercars said:
Sorry if you already know this but is you go to play.com they are allowing you to pre order a number of games for the Wii the release dates state 25.12.06 and prices are all £49.99

They say their release date is only an estimate (and who would release a game on Xmas day anyway?). The price looks like a complete guess as well.

According to Nintendo official magazine there is upto now 11 launch titles.

Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess.
Madden '07.
Metroid Prime 3:Corruption
Bomberman Land.
Tony Hawk's Downhill jam.
Red Steel.
Trauma Centre:Second Opinion.
Rayman Raving Rabbids.
Super Monkey Ball:Banana Blitz.
Virtual Console.
SpongeBob SquarePants:Creature from the Krusty Krab.

Can't go wrong with ign, but there still are a lot of third party and first party title launch games.

Back