So do the wiimotes ever fail much?

HappyGamer

Banned
Jun 3, 2007
I got a 2nd wiimote when i bought wiiplay. Which i think was defected and sold on ebay as-is already. But i am scared to get another one, because when i synced them it would work, but in the middle of a game the wiimote lights would shut off and loose all circuits or something? Then it would turn back on, on its own and get resync'd. Anyone have that problem yet as this happend to me real early where no one had a similar problem.

......im not sure what you said
....but i know another failing problem, THOSE GRIPS
changing the batteries is so hard
its annoying

I never ever have any problems with mine at all.

No syncing problems, no battery problems, no reception problems. Nothing at all.

Nintendo has always made very reliable products in my history if use w/ them.

The only time a wiimote has given me trouble was when I was playing boxing with my sister and we did hooks at the same time and smashed the two wiimotes together.

One is still perfect, but the other one messed up and we brought it back.

But other than that, pretty much perfect.

These Wiimote can survive after being in a blender
the plastic is so thick.....really

Yeah this seriously happend, i dont know what i was doing wrong or anything. Let me try to explain it better. I bought a wiimote that came with my wiiplay. I asked a bunch of people how to sync it.

I seen the temporary way = crap was pressing 1 2 1 2 a bunch of times on some setup screen.

Then there was the other syncing way. The pressing the 2 buttons, once on the console where you flip it open, and on the back of the wiimote.

It actually did recognize my controller and I had brand new batteries in it. 3 different sets. Same wiimote would do the same problem no matter what user 1 or 2.

It would do it for every game, but for example on the wiimote game with the tanks for wiiplay. Me and my friend could be having a great time playing it and then the broken wiimote would just SHUT OFF out of no where. The lights would stop working and everything. Wait 10 seconds and it would turn back on and make the noise as if it was just turned on, then would sync back up with the wii, and the lights turned on as we could continued playing. HOW WHACK IS THAT.

I hope that clears everything up. But like I said, I sold this wiimote AS-IS on ebay and gave a $15 refund because it was scuffed i guess he said(which I agreed with because we did play with it a lot because I was getting pissed it wasn't working. But im sure it was broken?) I hope my wii isn't broken i bought it about 3 weeks after it came out on ebay Factory sealed.

Never have had a problem playing 1 player games though with the default wiimote :-D

Last edited:
I haven't any real problems with mine, smashed my girlfriend's elbow while boxing haha. My Wii Mote stops working when I'm playing a gamecube game though. When I want to press home and stop playing, I've tried re-syncing it. But no success. Any ideas?

sherwood3570 said:
I haven't any real problems with mine, smashed my girlfriend's elbow while boxing haha. My Wii Mote stops working when I'm playing a gamecube game though. When I want to press home and stop playing, I've tried re-syncing it. But no success. Any ideas?

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that you cannot use the Wii remote during the use of a Gamecube games. During Gamecube game play, the Wii is basically just a beefed-up Gamecube, all Wii functionality (well, not sure about WiiConnect 24) shuts down.

I figured that, but it would make sense if Nintendo let users make use of the "home" button during gc gameplay.

-Tom

what happened to me with syncing problems is that i was turning off my wii with my wii mote and the power light was staying a yellow-ish green....what that did is it would allow me to turn my wii motes on but then right when i started the game it would turn them off...

so what i was told to do is to make sure u turn it off so that the LED light is actually red....and when i turned it off properly it has worked fine ever since!

allstar2b87 said:
what happened to me with syncing problems is that i was turning off my wii with my wii mote and the power light was staying a yellow-ish green....what that did is it would allow me to turn my wii motes on but then right when i started the game it would turn them off...

so what i was told to do is to make sure u turn it off so that the LED light is actually red....and when i turned it off properly it has worked fine ever since!

If you've read your wii manual... a yellow-ish/amber light means that your console is connected to the Wii24 service or something...

i don't really know anything about the controlers... but if you're having sync problems try:

1) Chaning the bat.
2) Re-syncing from scratch (open the front panel and push the red sync button) and then push 1+2 at the same time or open the back of the remote and push the white button
3) move closer to your wii
4) Hit the wii a couple of times - er... maybe not such a good idea... but it works with my dvd player
5) try turning the wii off and on again - unplug at mains and wait 10 seconds

If all else fails

take the remote back to the shop/store... or... chuck it out the window ^^

Back