so i was wondering...

thatstobadd56

Player Hater
Nov 21, 2006
Wii Online Code
0415-6074-8999-8552
when are good games going to come out for the wii???
sure. zelda is great. metroid was...alright (not a fan of those games) and madden 08 was alright because it had online..but the online wasnt good...at all.
i know we have SSBB, GH3, NBA Live 08, comin out (which are the only few im excited for) and many other games that little children like...meh
i loved the wii but im not so sure about how much i love it now just cause there are absolutly no game out there that interest me. I would much rather have Halo 3 in the next 2 hrs.
but thats just an opinion...start the player hating.

btw. i dont hate wii.

so then what do you like about the Wii if you don't like the games?

I really enjoy MP3...Wii sports is probably the best free game i have ever gotten...looking forward to getting Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess...Guitar Hero 3 is coming out soon...

The "good games" are all in frantic development since the game developers were caught with their pants down with the success of the Wii. Most of them poo-pooed it due to its modest hardware specs, and so focused their game development elsewhere. The reason you're seeing unusual lag is because the 3rd-party developers bet against the Wii being a success... and were very wrong. Now that the Wii is outselling even the XBox 360 they're trying to catch-up, but it takes time to develop a game.

It's no accident that the successful titles (Zelda, Metroid) are developed by Nintendo, who of course would bet on their own platform.

Well you've got a few that will have great replay value such as MOH: Heroes 2 and BW:II so look forward to those coming out pretty soon.

If your heart lies with halo then go buy a 360...

My list of good games out and coming out...

Zelda
Super Paper Mario
Excite Truck
STRIKERS CHARGED
Metroid
MOH 2 : Heroes
BWii
SSBB
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Swing Golf (Sorry I forgot that one, I love it as well)
Resident Evil : Wii Edition

Honestly that's enough for me, I'm pumped for BWII and there usually isn't that many games that I love on a console it's first year.

As for the games you listed it really does seem like you would like the XBOX more for it's sports games and what not. I am kind of excited to get to play Halo3 here in a little bit but I don't know how my reaction is going to be once I start playing, I was never a fan of the series to begin with. There is nothing wrong with getting 2 systems if you have the money.

Last edited:
NS_Tr4mpld said:
If your heart lies with halo then go buy a 360...

My list of good games out and coming out...

Zelda
Super Paper Mario
Excite Truck
STRIKERS CHARGED
Metroid
MOH 2 : Heroes
BWii
SSBB
Super Mario Galaxy

i like the list, lemme expand it a bit by putting one wii game and a couple GC games [since i use mine as a GC now also]

Super swing golf [IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED THIS GAME TRY IT, it was a sleeper hit, but it's amazing, even if you dont usually like golf]

Some gamecube games i recommend to also tide you over:

Resident evil [1,0,4]
Super Smash Bros Melee
Soul Cal 2
Ikaruga
Skies of Arcadia
Metroid prime 1 & 2 [metroid prime 1 is $10 at gamestop]

Personally i've been using mine as an awesome gamecube, i already have like 10+ games combined.

The need for separate GameCube controllers and GC memory card sort of takes away from the allure of playing GC games on the Wii, in my opinion.

sremick said:
The "good games" are all in frantic development since the game developers were caught with their pants down with the success of the Wii. Most of them poo-pooed it due to its modest hardware specs, and so focused their game development elsewhere. The reason you're seeing unusual lag is because the 3rd-party developers bet against the Wii being a success... and were very wrong. Now that the Wii is outselling even the XBox 360 they're trying to catch-up, but it takes time to develop a game.

It's no accident that the successful titles (Zelda, Metroid) are developed by Nintendo, who of course would bet on their own platform.

You got that right...

and also u cant forget the Wii is based on "game play" enjoying urself while playing a game. NOT graphics or ur "Halo" type games. Just relax the best is yet to come.

Here is what I am looking forward to. Take from it what you will, but I am happy with what the Wii is set to offer, exactly what I have been waiting for.

1. Smackdown vs. Raw 2008
2. Mario Kart Wii
3. WiiFit
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
6. Guitar Hero 3
7. Battalion Wars 2
8. Ninja Bread Man
9. Fifa 08
10. NBA 08
11. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
12. Ghost Squad
13. Forever Blue
14. No More Heroes
15. Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

CantGetAWii said:
Here is what I am looking forward to. Take from it what you will, but I am happy with what the Wii is set to offer, exactly what I have been waiting for.

1. Smackdown vs. Raw 2008
2. Mario Kart Wii
3. WiiFit
4. Super Mario Galaxy
5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
6. Guitar Hero 3
7. Battalion Wars 2
8. Ninja Bread Man
9. Fifa 08
10. NBA 08
11. Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
12. Ghost Squad
13. Forever Blue
14. No More Heroes
15. Tony Hawk's Proving Ground

i agree with 2,3,4,5(pre-ordered),6!!!,7,and 15

and the games i mentioned before in my opening statement are not the only ones i have played...i was just naming the big hits.
i guess i just dont know many big games coming out that catch my eye...like THPG, GH3, SSBB and mario kart.
i guess 360 just produces so many more good quality games at a faster rate than nintendo. and yes, nintendo does produce good quality games.

Surely Mario is one of the reasons why we all bought the Wii in the first place!! and as listed above theres Galaxy, RE: UC, Mario Kart and Medal Of Honor 2.

Just have to be patient, theres still games like RE: 4, Zelda etc to keep you occupied for the time being!

1) No More Heroes
2) Smash Bros
3) Mario Galaxy
4) Project O ( looks really good )
5) New Zelda
6) Animal Crossing Wii

ally_uk said:
5) New Zelda
Don't hold your breath on that one. There's no real word on that and it's all speculation at this point, so while I don't doubt we'll see another Zelda for the Wii eventually, it probably won't be until 2009.

Back