so what's needed to play cube games?

yellowlizard

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland!
can i use the wii classic controller (regular style) or do i need a gamecube one?

I ask because i never had a gamecube and want to buy a bunch of games! recommendations would be appreciated too!

thanks guys

You need a gamecube controller. Get Super Smash Bros Melee (SSBM) Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4 (RE4)

No problem Sure youll get alot more suggestions from everyone here. But those are deffinitly the top fav games. And gc games and controllers are pretty cheap. good luck

'branded' controller?

Bulldogxx831 said:
You need a gamecube controller. Get Super Smash Bros Melee (SSBM) Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4 (RE4)

I'm looking on eBay and there's a crap load of unbranded (non-Nintendo) Gamecube controllers. Does anyone know if these will work a Wii too?

Thanks

3rd party controllers *should* still work, seeing as they are still technically a gamecube controller.. the only reason im saying should is because i dont want you buying one, and then coming back and being like PIRATE YOU JERK IT DOESNT WORK..

but to me i wholeheartedly do believe it would work

CyberGreg said:
I'm looking on eBay and there's a crap load of unbranded (non-Nintendo) Gamecube controllers. Does anyone know if these will work a Wii too?

Thanks

They should. You may wanna go down to your local walmart and check prices on their non-namebrand controllers b/c with shipping you may end up paying the same price or more. At least at walmart you can actually touch them before you buy. . .which for a 3rd party controller, I wouldn't want to buy it before picking it up at least once to make sure the feel to the controller is ok.

Also, you'll need a gamecube memory card if you plan to do game saves for the gamecube games.

csiguy4u said:
They should. You may wanna go down to your local walmart and check prices on their non-namebrand controllers b/c with shipping you may end up paying the same price or more. At least at walmart you can actually touch them before you buy. . .which for a 3rd party controller, I wouldn't want to buy it before picking it up at least once to make sure the feel to the controller is ok.

Also, you'll need a gamecube memory card if you plan to do game saves for the gamecube games.

Thanks!

@pirate - LOL, wouldn't happen

A trip to Wally world it is!

PS Wii should be here TODAY!!!!!!!!!
:cool:

I'm in the same situation as you, but I was planning on buying Windwaker and Super Mario Sunshine, just because I missed out on those. SSBM would be fun, but would it be stupid to get if you're only getting one GC controller?

Back