So *When* will EB/GS announced midnight launches?

Santoanderson

WiiChat Member
Oct 14, 2006
Mmkay,
I stopped by Gamestop yesterday to buy Gears of War (fun game, BTW) and chatted it up with the guy behind the counter about my wii :yikes:, and proceeded to ask him about midnight launches. Now he told me that there ought to be a one on Saturday the 18th, but he couldn't guarantee it until a Nintendo rep calls to confirm it. His whole logic about it was the store is receiving 30 units, a number which would substantiate keeping the store open until then. Which is to say, if they were only receiving something like 6 units, it would make no sense to pay their employees to stick around that long. He said that he doubts they'll have a PS3 midnight launch because of low quantaties. That and he doesn't want to open the doors on Sunday morning and have a whole mess of people flocking in with all the typical 12 year olds and middle aged men. "Stuff get's stolen, and we don't have enough employees to monitor the situation", he said.

Has anyone else heard anything relevant to Midnight launches at Gamestop or EB?

I don't think they're going to do any midnight launches because of the whole security thing. You never know, but i wouldn't count on it.

mine is....atleast my sister's boyfriend who is friend's with the manager said that(wow, that is pretty long) the manager told him that. He also said what time to go up there, he said about 2 or 3 p.m. on sat.

It isn't a heavily busy gamestop and they received bout 15-16 pre-orders and he told me to be there at about 8:30 for pre-orders and my sister got there at about 9:15, she was 4th in line. Easily got a system.

So, if the manager did say this he probably knows. My guess is that I will go and be the 11-12 in line, and sense i have a pre-order ill be fine

My guess is that they will have a midnight launch though

Back