So Who Got Far Cry Today?

xbandaidx said:
Just did, I checked for both Elebits and Far Cry, I'm wondering if any of these stores even had any in today, and thats just how many that are coming in?

Checking my 200 mile radius and seeing probably a couple thousand copies all being 0, makes me think what I just said. It applied to both Far Cry and Elebits.

I guess it must not update until after a while.

But none the less I called both my ebgames within 10 miles and they both said they had elebits but they are not positive when they will have far cry.

the game exists. i have it. the cutscenes are horribly done. they run at about 15 fps with ridiculous tearing. the game itself probably runs at about 20-25 fps on an average, and only hitting 30 + when doing inside areas. there are about 6 or 7 multiplayer maps that I saw. i havent tried that yet. the single player is fun, albiet really easy through the first hour that i've played. the graphics are not the strong point. we all bought the wii for gameplay yadda yadda yadda but this game's visuals rank below red steel's and lay somewhere maybe just under call of duty 3's. cod3 also has a much better framerate. the control scheme is different than those two games, also, as it uses teh d-pad for crouching instead of the z button and instead of using C for jump, you flick your wrist up w/ the nunchuk. i cant get my digital camera to turn on for some reason, even when i use the batteries in my wiimotes which are working..... or i'd have a shot for you guys of the box. ill try to make it happen.

I didn't get it yesterday, but I'm supremely debating picking it up.

We'll be finding out more about far cry as the days pass by. I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for thread reviews.

Than again seeing how we have a 50% that like Red Steel and 50% who don't, I don't know how much emphasis I'll put into it. Might be one of them Rent to decided if I wanna buy games.

first impressions of the game are that even though it was delayed a few times, the game seems really rushed. they didnt optimize the game at all for the added wii horsepower and the general flow of the game is hampered by the trash frame rate. its never unplayable, but its aggravating. im not asking for super visuals, im asking for a smooth gameplay experience. otherwise, I love fps games and im sure ill play all the way through fcv. the grenade system is less tricky than most of the previews for the game would lead you to believe, also.

doug52 said:
first impressions of the game are that even though it was delayed a few times, the game seems really rushed. they didnt optimize the game at all for the added wii horsepower and the general flow of the game is hampered by the trash frame rate. its never unplayable, but its aggravating. im not asking for super visuals, im asking for a smooth gameplay experience. otherwise, I love fps games and im sure ill play all the way through fcv. the grenade system is less tricky than most of the previews for the game would lead you to believe, also.

Why do I get the feeling you are lying about having it, and are just saying stuff you are reading off gaming websites ;/

I know what you mean I already caught a guy doing it on this topic!

doug52 said:
vagrant dont be stupid. i don't have any need to lie about having a game on a forum.

Can you somehow prove that you have the game? There HAS to be some kind of device that takes pictures somewhere around you.

doug52 said:
vagrant dont be stupid. i don't have any need to lie about having a game on a forum.

Joe said:
I know what you mean I already caught a guy doing it on this topic!

Long-time lurker who registered just to confirm that it's out. I know you guys will give even less credibility to a forum n00b, but it was shipped yesterday (12/12) and arrived at my local GameStops (we have 3 within like 2 miles of eachother lol) today. I'm not going to go to the trouble of posting a pic, but you'll all find out soon that it's out there. I mean, call around... It isn't that difficult.

I got there just after the UPS truck pulled away... The guy had to open one of the shipping boxes and confirm that they weren't all taken through pre-orders, and within a few minutes I had it in hand.

First impression: Very disappointing.

I never played any of the previous Far Cry games, but it doesn't really matter because so far I don't like the game and am afraid I wasted my money. Through the IGN/GameSpot videos, I thought the graphics were quite impressive, so I was really looking forward to it. The graphics IMHO are pretty darn poor, even with the component cables.

Also, I have a 108" projection screen with the sensor bar mounted on top, and have had no problems sitting 12+ feet away playing Wii Sports, SMB, NFS:C and SC:DA; however, for some reason with Far Cry it keeps telling me that my WiiMote is too far from my "TV", so I have to be like 6 feet away from my screen, causing a bit of my head's shadow to show from the projector... It's just stupid. Also, as a result, the sensor bar was having problems detecting my movements... I kept getting (!) instead of the reticule all over the place. So, I moved the sensor bar below the screen... That solved the (!) problem but now the aiming is all messed up... I need to point way below my screen to aim decently since I'm so close to everything now, and it's very uncomfortable.

Finally, although I had it on easy (since I've never played Far Cry before), and was just messing around, I couldn't die if I wanted to. It was just way too easy since there were health and armor packs everywhere. I ended up just jumping off a cliff to end it all. Aiming isn't easy though. Maybe that's just the way the series is, but I felt as if I was right on someone's noggin and firing away and would just miss miss miss. I had to empty like 7 rounds into each guy before they died. No one-shot head-shots from what I could tell.

I only put about a half-hour into it, but so far I'm very unimpressed. I was so excited about Red Steel and chose not to buy it due to the reviews. Then I was very excited about Far Cry and chose to get it on release day.

I think I made a mistake and should have waited.

Last edited:
It's not in any stores near me either, but apparently it can be purchased online from EBGames.com. If they didn't have any there would be a release date and if they were out of stock it would say Back Ordered. It says "Usually Ships in 24 Hours" right now, meaning they have some.

the_peripheral said:
Can you somehow prove that you have the game? There HAS to be some kind of device that takes pictures somewhere around you.

Dude just call your local GameStop and ask if they have it, or at least got it today (maybe they sold out).

That will give you your answer.

Red Steel isn't nearly as bad as the reviews say it is, just to let you know incase you wanted to check it out.

for you savages who don't believe anything on here unless there's a picture alongside, here you go. i dug out the old **** camera.

Attachments

• PICT0421.JPG
    PICT0421.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 104
  • PICT0422.JPG
    PICT0422.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 107
  • PICT0423.JPG
    PICT0423.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 105
  • PICT0424.JPG
    PICT0424.JPG