So whose left to appear?

Vdogam3r said:
If they put more characters, they will delay the game more. Thats risky.
who says they're not already added? obviously there are going to be more charchters than what the dojo has revealed

Extra Life Mushroom said:
No offense but I kind of doubt most of those predictions.

K Rool: Although a popular fan favorite here in the dojo, I really can;t see him having a huge fanbase worldwide like King Koopa (Bowser) does. He hasn't really had enough exposure to generate the buzz worthy of a character slot. But can see him as a boss or AT.

Capitan Falcon: I know he was a favorite of many (myself included) but Sakurai did say not everyone would be making a comeback. And yeah if IC got in why shouldn't he? Well probably because the Japanese would rather play puzzle or platformers than racers. That genre is more or less tailored to the "western world".

So I think since they (the japanese) were the ones who got to decide what 3rd party characters got in (the reason we have sonic) he holds them and their desires in higher regard than the rest of the world.

Stylux: I don't think he is popular enough for a slot..but he'd be a bad-ass AT.

Ganondorf: I'd rather see Gannon personally. And since he was a clone in Melee his chances in Brawl are rather slim. Yeah we know he could have a new unique move set. But I think the reason we won;t see him is due to Wind Waker. Remember before WW was released, and we had that awesome 3D clip of the older Link fighting Ganondorf?
Had they stuck with that as the template instead of the more kid friendly palette of WW, we would see a sharp increase in Ganondorf's popularity (just like we did after LoZ:OoT) But since they toned down and reworked one of the greatest villains in Nintendo history (IMHO) into a pushover, it makes his potential as an original character kind of slim.

Mewtwo: seeing as how the Pokemon craze has died down a lot (almost totally dead it seems), and the fact that the only games to include this iconic Pokemon we all know and like, is over 10 years old (didn't red/blue/yellow come out in like what, 1996-1997?). It seems rather unlikely to me that he will return to the fight. At least pikachu is a constant in every game. So his iconic status remains cemented in the brains of every kid ages 5-10.

Mach Rider: Considering I had to do a Google search just to find out who this guy is, I kind of doubt his fan base is big enough to get in. But then again he does look like a suitable replacement for Falcon. At least in appearance. And his bike would have to be included in the controls considering that was his only power in the game. I could see it as an FSA. So yeah this guy could potentially become the "new falcon" this time around.

Wolf: If he had a potential move set that was different than Fox, then I'd gladly welcome him into the roster. I just think that he would be clone material as of now, unless someone can give me a list of unique abilities that would set him apart from Fox.

Krystal: Well I could see her as a possible character. Although I couldn't see her being a very powerful one. I'd much rather her be an AT personally but if she got a slot it wouldn't be too bad.

Dixie Kong: The only reason i would doubt her getting in is because I don;t think DKC 2 & 3 were received as well as one was. She was cool at the time, and has made it into recent DK games, but is she popular enough to get a slot as a PC?

Luigi: I'd like to see him as a PC, but the only difference I think he would have from Mario is the F.L.U.D.D would be replaced with the Poltergeist 3000. Other than that wouldn't he just still be a clone? He's only had one game to himself (Luigi's Mansion) and so the only unique abilities he could have would be Vacuum powers (Fire,Water,Ice) and sucking, or blowing away other characters. I can see it happening but I doubt it kinda since Luigi's mansion is old now, ans none of the content made it into Melee..is it too late now?

The Pokemon craze being dead. I'm going to go ahead and assume that was a joke. Just because you're no longer an 8 year old kid doesn't mean that other 8 year olds aren't still enjoying the series. The Pokemon games are the highest selling games on the DS! Pokemon, although may not be what it once was, is still alive and kicking.

Ganondorf will be playable! It doesn't make sense to downgrade him to AT. Especially because he will definitely be a boss.

Captain Falcon will be back. There's been no hints of anything that would hint of him not returning.

Luigi will be back. He's more iconic than that of Ike, Dedede, Lucas, Diddy,(Who by the way has had no games to his very own) Pit, Ice Climbers, and more. The list really does go on.

lloyd_yayo said:
ridleys going to be a boss imo, stylux or one of the other hunters are better suited for combat than ridley. if ridely can brawl then rayquaza can too

Captain Olimar also really isn't fit for combat, yet he makes it in. And everyone has seen that beginning cut scene of Melee, Ridley can be sized down quite nicely .

Last edited:
Extra Life Mushroom said:
No offense but I kind of doubt most of those predictions.

K Rool: Although a popular fan favorite here in the dojo, I really can;t see him having a huge fanbase worldwide like King Koopa (Bowser) does. He hasn't really had enough exposure to generate the buzz worthy of a character slot. But can see him as a boss or AT.

Stylux: I don't think he is popular enough for a slot..but he'd be a bad-ass AT.

Mewtwo: seeing as how the Pokemon craze has died down a lot (almost totally dead it seems), and the fact that the only games to include this iconic Pokemon we all know and like, is over 10 years old (didn't red/blue/yellow come out in like what, 1996-1997?). It seems rather unlikely to me that he will return to the fight. At least pikachu is a constant in every game. So his iconic status remains cemented in the brains of every kid ages 5-10.

Mach Rider: Considering I had to do a Google search just to find out who this guy is, I kind of doubt his fan base is big enough to get in. But then again he does look like a suitable replacement for Falcon. At least in appearance. And his bike would have to be included in the controls considering that was his only power in the game. I could see it as an FSA. So yeah this guy could potentially become the "new falcon" this time around.

Dixie Kong: The only reason i would doubt her getting in is because I don;t think DKC 2 & 3 were received as well as one was. She was cool at the time, and has made it into recent DK games, but is she popular enough to get a slot as a PC?

i respect your opinons, but in rebuttal: do u think the ice climbers and pit were popular or well recieved before they're debut? i had never hear of these ppl till melee and brawl. nintendo knows that so to generate a buzz for there franchise charchters. so it makes no difference (IMO) whether dixie, mach rider, stylux or king k krool were/are popluar or not. 2nd pokemon has NOT died, pokemon pearl and diamond for ds are one the best/fastest selling games ever. the cards are still a hit as well, pokemon will never die.

ELM: I can't agree with many of your opinions, and those opinions that I do agree with, you give poor reasonings for.

-How can you say that Captain Falcon won't be in Brawl? If he is so westernized, then why would they have had him in Smash 64 anyway? Incase you've forgotten, this game is being released in the west as well. He's an icon for Nintendo, and that is all that matters.
-I personally think that Mewtwo is going to be replaced by Lucario, but thats beside the point because your reasoning for him not being in Brawl is poor. Pokemon is still very popular.
-What? Who said that Melee clones don't have a good chance for Brawl? Ganandorf will be in Brawl. End topic.
-Fox's entire moveset was made up by their staff for Smash 64, aside from his reflector [the shape slightly resembles a ring in the game]. A moveset is NOT a reason to not include a character. That is the last thing on Sakurai's mind.
-Luigi isn't a clone...

I'm cautiously optimistic about those Sheik rumours :(

It’s been reported that Eija Aonuma, Director of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, stated that his designers had worked on the designs for Link, Sheik, and Ganondorf, as entries for Brawl. If this is true, then that’s probably two more characters: Sheik and Ganondorf, although it’s hard to tell whether Sheik and Zelda will be the same character or separate this time around.

^Shiek is heavily expected to be in Brawl.

During a recent demo, a pamphlet was giving out showing the entire movesets of certain characters. Zelda was the only character with an incomplete moveset, the description of her Down Special was left blank.

Its basically confirmed...

midna
bowser JR.
The grunts(BWII)
count bleck
and dark samus

Luigi: I'd like to see him as a PC, but the only difference I think he would have from Mario is the F.L.U.D.D would be replaced with the Poltergeist 3000. Other than that wouldn't he just still be a clone? He's only had one game to himself (Luigi's Mansion) and so the only unique abilities he could have would be Vacuum powers (Fire,Water,Ice) and sucking, or blowing away other characters. I can see it happening but I doubt it kinda since Luigi's mansion is old now, ans none of the content made it into Melee..is it too late now?
he was not a clone in SSBM he only had about 4 moves the same as mario yes luigis mansion is kinda old but so is pit i mean come on how do you make a move set for him when his games where on the NES and thats wasn't it? and all you could see where HUGE pixles making up the charcter you can hardly SEE IT and SSBM is as old as luigis mansion :lol: i rest my case

I think Tails hasn't that bad of a shot. I say that MegaMan and Lloyd would be great 3rd parties.

only way i see tails being in is as an assit trophey. if snake can get someone from his game to be an assit trophey, im sure sonic will too.

and yes id like megaman to be the last 3rd party charchter, but im not gonna get to hyped about it, cuz sakurai did say 2-3, not offically 3

Back