Some question about buying it now or later

rtr1900

Wii or not to Wii
Nov 30, 2006
Spain
Wii Online Code
3085-1225-3534-6165
Hi,

I am thinking of buying the WII. Receiving a DVD with some movies of it, it convinced me of that the WII is a cheap and fun console. Althought I believe that PS3 and Livebox do have better GFX, I still believe (just like in the eighties) that a "good" game is not all in the GFX, it is more in the way you play it, and if it can still capture your attention affter playing it for 40 hours.

So, if I buy it I know that it won´t play DOOM IV or stufff like that.

Now my questions:

1) I heard/read a rumor in a Magazine that next year Nintendo will launch a new version, which will play DVD movies. Can anybody confirm this? Is so, why buying now?

2) Do you need a lot os space playing with it. I mean, between my TV and the sofa is just aboyt 1,5 - 2 Meters

3) I saw that you can buy older games (NES, N64,...) and play them. Are they restricted to your machine. Or can I save them on the SD and go and play them on another WII?

4) Will there be games for playing ONLINE. COD III doesn´t seem to have an Online mode (only system withouht Online is Wii)

5) Can I buy games in the USA, Japan and play them on the Wii in Europe?

Well, hpefully some people can answer these questions...

Many thx,:thumbsup:

Johny

rtr1900 said:
1) I heard/read a rumor in a Magazine that next year Nintendo will launch a new version, which will play DVD movies. Can anybody confirm this? Is so, why buying now?

2) Do you need a lot os space playing with it. I mean, between my TV and the sofa is just aboyt 1,5 - 2 Meters

3) I saw that you can buy older games (NES, N64,...) and play them. Are they restricted to your machine. Or can I save them on the SD and go and play them on another WII?

4) Will there be games for playing ONLINE. COD III doesn´t seem to have an Online mode (only system withouht Online is Wii)

5) Can I buy games in the USA, Japan and play them on the Wii in Europe?

1) Most people already have one or more dvd players in their home. If you don't or if you really want the dvd capabilities of the Wii, then wait. If you just want the Wii for playing the games on it, then just buy a Wii.

2) Nintendo recommends 3 - 8 feet. ( might be 5 - 8 feet )

3) You are restricted to your machine only. You can save the games to the SD cards, but they will not work on any machine but your own.

4) Online games are scheduled for early 2007.

5) No. The Wii is region-locked.

1) Because everybody already has a DVD player. I doubt anyone actually cares if a games console has one anymore. Honestly, they're pretty cheap nowadays. But as far as i know, it's still early days with the DVD Wii, and it's possible that it'll only be released in Japan [much like the Q-cube].

2) Nah, you don't need THAT much room. Just enough room to flick your wrists really.. although if you want to exaggerate the movement, or play Wii sports, you'll need a bit more room.

4) As far as i know, the online features will really step up a gear in Q1 2007. I'm pretty sure that there will be online compatible games as well (Metriod?).

5) At first it was said that the Wii was region free, but now Nintendo are saying otherwise. Much like all other consoles, you'll only be able to buy games in your region.

Edit: Beat me to it. :(

Thx Phil,

You are right about the first question. It doens´t matter as I have already a DVD player.
A shame that you can not buy a game from somewhere else. As mostly not all "good" games reach Europe.

Thx Phil for answering so quickly.

I am almost sure that next week (launch date in Europe) I will buy the machine. I guess that my little girl (4 Years) might enjoy it even...

Thx,

Johny

rtr1900 said:
Heh, I get that a lot; My name isn't Phillip. Flip is just the nickname my mates gave me. It's from a movie. Aside from that; no problem. :thumbsup:

TheCostOfLiving said:
Edit: Beat me to it. :sad:
My speeds ams too fast 4 joo. ;)

:yikes: You got me there.

A good friend of mine, calls Philippe, and we call him "Flip" [ comes from Philippe]... So maybe I just wrote to fast! :)

Also thx to... let me see first...TheCostOfLiving for his answer......

Ok..... now I just have to wait one week......... can I? can I?..... Let me play with my PSP for now ....

Cheerio and THX

Back