New to Wii and have some ??

CodeRed7sw

WiiChat Member
Jan 29, 2010
Georgia
Ok I am thinking about buying a Wii but I have some questions. Can Wii play online? Can they download demos? Are there any packages? If so which one is the best? What are the graphics like? I heard there like PS2 graphics, are they?

The Wii can play online, but has no voice chat. Example, Modern Warfare does not have voice chat. Demos and packages, I'm not sure. Some games have not so great graphics. Modern Warfare currently has the best graphics outta all the other games. Does this cancel out your suggestion to get a Wii?

Nah I dont think so. I think im gonna get the Wii :) BUt what game should I buy first? I am not allowed to play mystical games or shooter games (Mystical games does not include zelda and shooter does not include nerf)

Can Wii play online?
Yes, you can play online. There is a pretty wide range of people being online, the only problem is the need to exchange so-called "friend-codes" to connect to each other. You can do that here, on WiiChat.

Can they download demos?

Not quite. You see, there is channel that comes with the internet, it's called the Wii Shop: there you can download retro games, that have been released long ago on other platforms (Virtual Console), and WiiWare games (mostly released by independent developers, but still great fun). However, there is no possibility of downloading demos for "big" titles.

Are there any packages? If so which one is the best?

Basically, there are 2 official bundles: the White Wii and the Black Wii Editions, the only difference between them is the color of the console. Both are packed with the remote, wii nunchuck, Wii Sports, the console itself, as well as some necessary accessories. Here, in Europe, the White Wii Bundle is way more common and easier to obtain for a cheap price.

I have seen unofficial packages as well (with 4 controllers; with extra games; etc.), yet I neither know if these are available for a decent price in the US nor am I sure whether they are really worth it.

What are the graphics like? I heard there like PS2 graphics, are they?

No doubt, lots of people claim the Wii graphic hardware to be the weakest among the current console generation, yet the majority of great games has good to very good graphics.

Ok thx that helped ALOT! So what game should I buy first? I am not allowed to play mystical games or shooter games (Mystical games does not include zelda and shooter does not include nerf)

Be a bit more specific maybe, what do you understand under mystical?

Vaguely I could suggest only the best of the best: Super Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros Brawl & Mario Kart (though you'll have to buy extra wheels, one comes in the bundle with the game).

If you're running late on cash get Okami, Bully: Scholarship Edition and Punch-Out!! (as far as I know, each of them is available for a "half-price" of 20$).

Whether you are "allowed" to play some of those, I'm not sure.

But I think im gonna but Super Mario Galaxy, Nerf N Strike Elite, or Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Back