Someone Plz Help Me

jasontflaco

WiiChat Member
Nov 6, 2006
ok guys i have a lil situation

for some reason my parents think that wii(or any type of video games)
will ruin or somehow mess up my 52' flat HDTV

i heard something like this too

but i rather have the wii hooked up to it

my father said that if i prove that it doesnt mess it up i can hook it up

if anyone can post any links or info on how Consoles DONT mess up TVS plz let me know

thank u guys

The Wii is an external device that you plug into your TV's input ports. The only possible way, and this is a long shot of course, I can see the Wii harming your TV at all, is if you were to leave it on for days, upon days. Then it might burn images into your TV's screen, etc... But even this is unlikely, especially an HDTV and all, plus the Wii has it's own Burn prevention setting thingy.

I can't really find anything to prove this... but it's kinda common sense. There's no way your Wii, or anything like it (like a DVD player, VCR, other game consoles, etc...) could harm your TV like that. I understand the hesitancy, since it's an expensive TV and all, but I think you guys can rest assured the Wii will not harm your TV. =P

Yea, I think that could be a myth because I actally heard it too. If it makes you feel any better, I actually just bought a new 56" samsung DLP. I have my wii hooked up to it. I have 4 yr warrrent if it messes up.

yea, its kinda commong sence that its not gonna harm the tv. if indeed the wii does harm the tv, its not gonna harm it anymore than a dvd player, etc.

if anything, go play in ur you kid. u dont need a 52" to play

that is a fear with alot of people but now games and systems have a safty feature that eather dims the picture after a certain amount of time or constantly changes the picture. also the HUD on alot of games dissappear when you dont need them to help prevent burn it. the wii has a burn in protection option in the settings. i dont know how it works because i dont need to use it seeing as how im using a glass screen tube TV lol

If you have a plasma television the odds of getting burn in is inevitable, however you will never notice it unless the tv is on a completely grey screen, if its lcd or dlp your fine

actually my tv is a plasma flat screen 52' hdtv (stunntin)

what i heard was that you couldnt leave it on pause for a long time

if you leave it on the same image(this includes huds) for a long time it will cause burn in, but you can set it to an untuned(fuzzy) chanell for a while to fix it. with newer plasmas, there is practically no chance of burn in... it's just something il-trained store employees say to people, and mrserv0n248, lcd can get burn in as well... and it is much harder to fix

tell them that with newer plasmas it's almost impossible, especially with the built in burn in feature on the Wii, and that you are just as likely to get burn in from falling asleep on the channel guide with your satelite or cable

I've heard this too, but unfortunately I heard it from a first-hand point of view. My cousin said that he connected his N64 to his 52" projection TV, and it blew the bulbs in the TV. I still havn't figured out how it happened, but it has to be a fluke.

Nope wii has image burn in protection in the options just go turn it on and if its a hdtv then it will not be messed up by wii you can even get hdtv cables I heard consoles mess up projector tvs but i don't know if thats true even if it is i'm sure they have fixed that issue a hdtv is not a projector tv so your totaly safe.

I work with computers all day, every day and screen burn in is real. That being said, I've only seen it on one screen over the last 6 years. That was on a screen that is connected to a server that records data from surveillance cameras. It is on 24/7/365....and it took several months for the burn in to occur. My Wii is connected to an LCD flat panel HD tv and I don't have any concerns about it. Like I said, it takes a LONG LONG LONG time for screen burn in to occur. Even if you left a game on pause for several days straight with the TV on, it wouldn't even be close to causing burn in. Tell your parents that white89gt said its ok. That should be enough to change their minds........everyone knows me!!!!

Back