Speakers - Using Component Cables for Separate Speakers

Hot Karl

WiiChat Member
Jun 4, 2007
Hello everybody -

I've seen some discussion about speakers on here (which are best, etc.) but I was hoping one of you could help me with any experience you have with my "problem."

I (like many of you) have a separate surround sound stereo system, and would like to use it with my Wii. But, because of the way the component cables for the Wii are manufactured (either the in-the-box cables, or the component cables) there is not an easy way to a) plug in the video cables to a tv while at the same time b) plugging them into a sound system (which is located in a separate area from the video hook ups). Make sense?

Hopefully one of you has found a remedy for this. Thanks for reading and for any suggestions!:smilewinkgrin:

i had the same issue with my component to audio to my speakers and i fixed this by going to best buy and got some AV cable extenders and i had extra AV cables

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...nders&lp=4&type=product&cp=1&id=1051384862324

those should help plug them into your component cable from the nintendo and then from the other end hook in another av cable and into your surround sound.

Type of Cable RCA coupler

Features High-grade gold-plated RCA couplers convert a male RCA plug to a female RCA jack in order to connect 2 cables together

Thanks Jeremy - that sounds like just what I am looking for. I will give 'em a try.

On second thought, I probably should have figured that out on my own!

lol yeah... i was a little upset how the cables are put together. but yeah i got 2 of those i found the cheap ones for $2 each. and it works great.

RE4 sounds great in 5.1 surround sound.

Back