Spike TV's Video Game Awards

T3kNi9e

Conquistador
Dec 1, 2007
Augusta, GA
http://www.ifilm.com/show/23733

Wierd nomination was Mario Galaxy for Best Action Game of the Year. I didnt see Mario as an Action game.

Best Wii game - Zelda: TP, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy.

I didnt get to play MP3 and SPM yet, but I played Zelda and SMG, I like Zelda to win.

Not that I had any respect for Spike's VGAs, but I swear if Halo 3 wins either the Breakthrough Technology award (Crysis), or Best Multiplayer Game (Orange Box), I'm going to...uh, continue to not respect the VGAs :lol:

metroid prime 3 rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These awards are complete garbage. I'm not saying that Galaxy is the game of the year, but the fact that it didn't even get nominated is just blasphemous.

Last edited:
Yep, the Spikes VGA awards are garbage. Saw them last year and it sucked. Nobody should value Spikes opinion. I remember when they first made it, they gave a Madden game game of the year award.... and this was the year Resident Evil 4 was released!

Never watched Spike TV's VGA. I didnt care at all about game awards until recently it started to become interesting to know who would win what. I dont doubt that they probably made some stupid mistakes, but looking at the nominations they probably got better.

IMO, SMG isnt in the class of Game of the Year. Ive always said it would be out of Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo 3 and Orange Box. But im hoping Halo doesn't win it. Ive played all 4 and they're all better than SMG. I still like Mario 64 and Super Mario World alot better. SMG was too easy and plain, but the Galaxies and Planets with all the gravity and stuff was genious. I REALLY REALLY HATED how easy all the bosses were, I didnt even die once vs any of the boses except on daredevil. Even bowser at end game, I won first try.

Dont really care who wins GOTY as long as its not Halo. But if they go more by sales then its gonna win :/

As for Madden winning over RE4, thats probably BS, not that it didnt happen, but I dont see how RE4 could lose to madden. Although... my brother didnt like RE4, well he liked it, but he never finished it because he said it got boring because of repetitiveness. But I think thats him, im gonna get it on Wii and im sure ill love it, because I love RE.

I hope i dont get flamed for saying SMG wasn't GOTY worthy because its MY opinion, I thought for sure it would be until I finished the game.

Edit: Oh, but you know what though, I thought Zelda was GOTY worthy, they should have had it instead of Halo 3.

Note!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone On Xbox Forums Posted A Link And In Big Red Letters Stated That Cnn Announced All The Winners. Though Its Not 100% Whether Its Real Or Not, Please Don't Anyone Post The List Here If You Know It. I Don't Want To Know Please...

Game of the Year"

The Orange Box
Mass Effect
BioShock
Halo 3

You can't be serious

Quote:
"Breakthrough Technology"

Halo 3
The Orange Box: Portal
Rock Band
Crysis

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Best Wii Gaem"

The Legend of Zelda: TP
Metroid Prime 3: C
Super Mario
Super Mario Galaxy

And nothing like nominating a game from last year for this year

Actually last year's Spike TV VGA's was in early November, possibly November 7th. So Zelda wasn't even released yet. Which is why its on this years show.

Btw, whats so funny about the GOTY list? What should it have been?

Actually last year's Spike TV VGA's was in early November, possibly November 7th. So Zelda wasn't even released yet. Which is why its on this years show.

Sorry was under the impression that Spike Video Game Awards 2007 meant only 2007 games =X

Btw, whats so funny about the GOTY list? What should it have been?

Its a little pro Xbox 360 dont ya think? The least they could of done was add a Wii and PS3(if thats possible) title to the mix.

And there all FPSs which is even worse except for Mass Effect.

True, but you can't deny this was Xbox year. They dominated so hard because it was Xbox 2nd year while it was Wii and PS3 first year. The Orange Box, though is GOOD. Half-Life is the best shooter of all time. Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2, The Orange Box and Bioshock are all rated 96 at metacritic and make up 4 of 5 games of metacritic's top 5 of PC games of all time. Orange Box and Bioshock is top 2 on Xbox 360 at metacritic. Seriously if you haven't played Half-Life you should. You don't need to play it on Xbox, get it on PC if you can run it. Its the best gameplay in FPS ive ever played. And even better storyline ive ever played in a FPS, probably the best storyline in anygame ive ever played. Bioshock I don't really know first hand. Ive only heard that the story is really good. But its actually FPS/RPG. Halo 3 is trash though, thats all hype, its nowhere near the first Halo which had a pretty good story, but still not close to Half-Life.

But yea, I really recommend picking up Half-Life and Half-Life 2 for PC if you don't have Xbox, its literally the best FPS ive ever played in my life.

Wiily Good said:
A lot of places have Mario Galaxy listed as an action game. I guess they've got rid of the platformer category.
Yeah, a lot of people consider it a dead genre because of the fact that platforming elements have been assimilated into so many other genres of gaming(Action being one of those).

Back