Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Spike TV's Video Game Awards

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by T3kNi9e, Dec 8, 2007.

1. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

http://www.ifilm.com/show/23733

Wierd nomination was Mario Galaxy for Best Action Game of the Year. I didnt see Mario as an Action game.

Best Wii game - Zelda: TP, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy.

I didnt get to play MP3 and SPM yet, but I played Zelda and SMG, I like Zelda to win.

2. Wiily Good

Wiily Good WiiChat Member

A lot of places have Mario Galaxy listed as an action game. I guess they've got rid of the platformer category.

3. South Park

South Park Timmy!!

Wait when was the awards? I saw the commercial for it but forgot the date.

#3 South Park, Dec 8, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  4. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Hasn't happened yet. It comes on tomorrow (December 9th) 9PM.

5. Budo

Budo Raging Clue

Not that I had any respect for Spike's VGAs, but I swear if Halo 3 wins either the Breakthrough Technology award (Crysis), or Best Multiplayer Game (Orange Box), I'm going to...uh, continue to not respect the VGAs :lol:

6. kart6

kart6 super smsh bros brawl

Wii Friend Code: 1973-0818-1689-3183
    1973-0818-1689-3183
    metroid prime 3 rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. nic7

nic7 Wiichat Member

Wii Friend Code: 8853-1952-9704-6115
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    These awards are complete garbage. I'm not saying that Galaxy is the game of the year, but the fact that it didn't even get nominated is just blasphemous.

#7 nic7, Dec 8, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  8. LiquidD

LiquidD Pwnage Master

Wii Friend Code: 6555-2844-7958-4986
    6555-2844-7958-4986
    Yep, the Spikes VGA awards are garbage. Saw them last year and it sucked. Nobody should value Spikes opinion. I remember when they first made it, they gave a Madden game game of the year award.... and this was the year Resident Evil 4 was released!

9. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Never watched Spike TV's VGA. I didnt care at all about game awards until recently it started to become interesting to know who would win what. I dont doubt that they probably made some stupid mistakes, but looking at the nominations they probably got better.

IMO, SMG isnt in the class of Game of the Year. Ive always said it would be out of Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo 3 and Orange Box. But im hoping Halo doesn't win it. Ive played all 4 and they're all better than SMG. I still like Mario 64 and Super Mario World alot better. SMG was too easy and plain, but the Galaxies and Planets with all the gravity and stuff was genious. I REALLY REALLY HATED how easy all the bosses were, I didnt even die once vs any of the boses except on daredevil. Even bowser at end game, I won first try.

Dont really care who wins GOTY as long as its not Halo. But if they go more by sales then its gonna win :/

As for Madden winning over RE4, thats probably BS, not that it didnt happen, but I dont see how RE4 could lose to madden. Although... my brother didnt like RE4, well he liked it, but he never finished it because he said it got boring because of repetitiveness. But I think thats him, im gonna get it on Wii and im sure ill love it, because I love RE.

I hope i dont get flamed for saying SMG wasn't GOTY worthy because its MY opinion, I thought for sure it would be until I finished the game.

Edit: Oh, but you know what though, I thought Zelda was GOTY worthy, they should have had it instead of Halo 3.

10. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Note!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone On Xbox Forums Posted A Link And In Big Red Letters Stated That Cnn Announced All The Winners. Though Its Not 100% Whether Its Real Or Not, Please Don't Anyone Post The List Here If You Know It. I Don't Want To Know Please...

11. Dinner

Dinner Reading Rainbow

Wii Friend Code: 2878-9257-8140-1234
    2878-9257-8140-1234
    You can't be serious

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

And nothing like nominating a game from last year for this year

12. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Actually last year's Spike TV VGA's was in early November, possibly November 7th. So Zelda wasn't even released yet. Which is why its on this years show.

Btw, whats so funny about the GOTY list? What should it have been?

13. Dinner

Dinner Reading Rainbow

2878-9257-8140-1234
    Sorry was under the impression that Spike Video Game Awards 2007 meant only 2007 games =X

Its a little pro Xbox 360 dont ya think? The least they could of done was add a Wii and PS3(if thats possible) title to the mix.

And there all FPSs which is even worse except for Mass Effect.

14. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

True, but you can't deny this was Xbox year. They dominated so hard because it was Xbox 2nd year while it was Wii and PS3 first year. The Orange Box, though is GOOD. Half-Life is the best shooter of all time. Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2, The Orange Box and Bioshock are all rated 96 at metacritic and make up 4 of 5 games of metacritic's top 5 of PC games of all time. Orange Box and Bioshock is top 2 on Xbox 360 at metacritic. Seriously if you haven't played Half-Life you should. You don't need to play it on Xbox, get it on PC if you can run it. Its the best gameplay in FPS ive ever played. And even better storyline ive ever played in a FPS, probably the best storyline in anygame ive ever played. Bioshock I don't really know first hand. Ive only heard that the story is really good. But its actually FPS/RPG. Halo 3 is trash though, thats all hype, its nowhere near the first Halo which had a pretty good story, but still not close to Half-Life.

But yea, I really recommend picking up Half-Life and Half-Life 2 for PC if you don't have Xbox, its literally the best FPS ive ever played in my life.

15. Dzapper

Dzapper Akatsuki Assassin

Wii Friend Code: 4627-4261-3182-4550
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    Yeah, a lot of people consider it a dead genre because of the fact that platforming elements have been assimilated into so many other genres of gaming(Action being one of those).

16. Dinner

Dinner Reading Rainbow

2878-9257-8140-1234
    Exactly. STVGA should of took that into account for the nominations. Xbox has a serious unfair advantage=X

Yeah Im not doubting those are really amazing games. I mean I have Xbox 360 too and Ive played all of those but seriously they need to add some variety to the nominations instead of just choosing FPSs and titles that sold the most this year.

Yeah I got Half-Life but only really played competitive CS lol. No doubt its a great game though. As for Half-Life 2, hoping Ill get that for Christmas hehe.

17. Dzapper

Dzapper Akatsuki Assassin

Wii Friend Code: 4627-4261-3182-4550
    4627-4261-3182-4550
    I'll tell ya whats funny about that list...the fact that every last one of those games is a damn shooter! Thats whats funny. They act like you gotta have a gun to be GOTY!

18. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Yea I used to play CS, that was great too.

I guess they COULD throw in some variation with either other consoles or even other types of genre games. But then people wouldn't approve and say "that game doesn't deserve to me nominated" Like people already knew Mass Effect would be nominated GOTY before it was even released. Imagine they decided to take out Halo 3 and Bioshock and put in something else, people would be pissed. I remember Metroid Prime winning some GOTY's maybe in 2005. But I guess they didn't do as good as the other FPS games this year. But I can't really speak for MP3 because I haven't gotten to play that.

19. T3kNi9e

T3kNi9e Conquistador

Okay thats your opinion, what do you think should have been on it? Because its not their fault that FPS games were the ones that did the best this year. Call of Duty 4 was PS3's best game. They could have put in Super Mario Galaxy, that was Wii's best. But I dont think SMG could win because more people like the other games better. I mean, FPS is the most popular type of game in USA.

20. Dinner

Dinner Reading Rainbow

2878-9257-8140-1234
    Oh well cant make everyone happy but atleast then youll have nominations that dont look biased toward a console and the FPS genre.

hehe it would probably be better the other way around. Take out Mass Effect and Orange Box and replace with Wii and PS3 titles