SSBB characters...who should be allowed?

iNiNtEnDuDe

Smash Prince
Feb 17, 2007
San Diego =D
some of us were more suprised to hear that Solid Snake formthe Metal Gear Solid series was going to be a new addition to ssbb. Some would agree that he is not a true nintendo character thus shouldnt be allowed.

What is ur take on this matter? who do u think should and should not be invited to the phenomal franchise?

what about that sonic!!!

copy charactes? should they be allowed?!!!

let the arguments begin!!!

Banjo should be in it! Well, I don't know. Banjo-Kazooie and tooie were great, but I guess he's not ready for an SSB game...unless he had Kazooie.

Banjo and/or Kazzoie can not be in it because Rareware owns the rights to that series and Rareware works for stupid Microsoft now.

here's some of my ideas.....

Baby Mario& Baby Luigi (replace Ice Climers)
Diddy& Dixie Kong (Replace Ice Climers)
Minda (from Twilight Princess)
Miis!
Hammer, Boomerang, or Fire Bro (from Mario games)
Baby Bowser (the one from Yoshi's story, not the other games he's in)
Petey Perhana (from Mario games)
Paper Mario (from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
Mew (from Pokemon
8-bit Mario (from original Super Mario Bros NES)
Meowth (from Pokemon)
Sonic maybe(Sonic the Hedgehog)

Some others would be nice but I can't think of any others.

Now before you all start complaining to me, these are just ideas, some of these are just names splurted out.

Snake a Must

I think that snake is going to be amazing. And i think that nintendo is smart by bringing in other types and brands of characters. I played ssb alittle but never enough to by it. But along comes solid snake and now i ponder buying the title.

uttackle71 said:
I think that snake is going to be amazing. And i think that nintendo is smart by bringing in other types and brands of characters. I played ssb alittle but never enough to by it. But along comes solid snake and now i ponder buying the title.
yea, did u ever play mgs3 subsistence online for the ps2 smaske fan? i was *<<<{Kev!n}>>>* rank 16 overall at my peak. jes wanted to say yea, it is good they're drawing in all types of characters, even for an m rated title in mgs. his smashes are gonna be explosives to keep the rating down to teen (for ex. his smash down will be the rpg at ur feet). yea...for got what eles i was gonna say... =/

I think 8 bit Mario is a great idea. it would be like how when i unlocked THPS1 Tony in American Wasteland (i beat story and classic mode on all difficulties and was surprised to find lil john lmao). It would be a nostalgic experience kinda like Mr. Game+Watch exept not crappy lol.

elmo_999 said:
I think 8 bit Mario is a great idea. it would be like how when i unlocked THPS1 Tony in American Wasteland (i beat story and classic mode on all difficulties and was surprised to find lil john lmao). It would be a nostalgic experience kinda like Mr. Game+Watch exept not crappy lol.
ooo very interesting! 8 bit mario. like tp, have past and new characters for brawl! that would be the perfect chaos! that would mean bout 60 characters! but i fear such a large selection wont be handled for online play, but nonetheless is fantastic!

How about this, you play the targets game and unlock each character´s first appearance version, you select it as a costume with x/y, Imagine the 4 players game with two old school chars and two wii chars.

linkzeldagame said:
Sonic never was in a nintendo game but Snake was.

Nintendo is trying to get Sega's approval to have their mascot in SSBB because of popular demand.
he was in sonic adneture battle 2 . i have it. and other i may not kno of. i agree, popular demand. i like snake but i dont think he fits in with the other ssb characters though. instead of having clones, they should have completely different moves and alot more custimization options to enhance that array of the cast.

Hmm yeah I suppose that's true. But I remember that game was on Dreamcast before it appeared on GC.

Snake first appeared on the SNES or NES (Can't remember which one) before he got moved to the Playstation.

Last edited:
Well actually Snake's first appearance was on that MSX thingo but the games Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 were *much* more successful on NES, which warrants him with the right to appear I'd say.

Sonic didn't get popular through Nintendo unlike Snake.

Back