SSBB: Continuing Your Game Ain't So Simple

iOwnage

Confiscation of the Mind
Oct 21, 2007
Connecticut
Wii Online Code
8957-2822-1883-9918
The Continue screen is something that most gamers are familiar with. In fact, almost if not all games greet players with the Continue screen after they bungled with in-game obstacles.

Dealing with the Continue screen doesn't require much thought: press start to keep on playing, or ignore it and turn the console off when you're finally pissed off and tired. But that's not that case in Nintendo and Sora Ltd.'s Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

There's some math involved in Brawl's Continue screen. One thing that players should know is that they are rewarded a certain amount of coins for every stage completed, with the number of coins rewarded depending on the difficulty setting. Easy mode nets a few coins, with the hardest setting, Intense, giving the most number of coins.

However, if players get pummeled to a pulp enough to send them to the Continue screen, it should be noted that for every time they choose to try again, a number of coins are deducted from their pool of coins that they'll receive once they finally clear the stage. Here are the number of coins forfeited for every continued game:

Easy 10 Coins
Normal 20 Coins
Hard 30 Coins
Very Hard 50 Coins
Intense 100 Coins

The coins are deducted, aside from the fact that your score gets (painfully) cut in half, while gaining a single point for the purposes of keeping track of how many times you continued your game.

Also, half of the stickers and trophies collected in the stage will be lost upon continuing your game, so it helps in being more careful and not too gungho when dealing with enemies.

If players choose to go back to the map instead of continuing, however, players will no longer have to go through the stage, but will lose a lot of coins. Do keep that in mind if you're trying to hoard coins.
In simple terms... Don't die alot.

http://wii.qj.net/SSBB-update-Continuing-your-game-isn-t-so-simple/pg/49/aid/115035

well its basically the same as the other two smashes, sept this one involves coins too

Doesn't this go in site discussion? I saw this already... I don't plan on losing on normal though, that's how I get all my trophies...

^ I didn't know this was on the site.

Well I guess I'm sorry that I don't check it EVERY DAY.

Plus, I didn't expect there to be many more updates seeing as it was already released in Japan. I doubt they would change the game, right before it gets released in the US.

iOwnage said:
Well I guess I'm sorry that I don't check it EVERY DAY.

Plus, I didn't expect there to be many more updates seeing as it was already released in Japan. I doubt they would change the game, right before it gets released in the US.

I wasn't trying to make fun of you or anything.

I wasn't thinking you were making fun of me... I was just saying that I don't check the site that often.

its not a bad attachement i think, even though it may get frustraiting, it will encourage more people to not die

Back