SSBB Disc Spins Hard

Evi1d33d said:
Which is why all of a sudden Wii's are getting 'dirty' lenses :wink:

That is EXACTLY what happened with GTA: San Andreas and the PS2 when that game came out. All of the sudden there were massive failures of the PS2's. Well, not technical failures. The game was the first one to use the dual layer disc. All of the PS2's had time to collect dust and whatnot, and the PS2's could not read the discs fast enough to play them.

I don't think the games damaged the systems at all, but the systems couldn't play them.

All I know is that, if my Wii's disc drive breaks down, it better happen before July as that is when my warranty expires (on my second Wii as the first died).

Atomheart said:
That is EXACTLY what happened with GTA: San Andreas and the PS2 when that game came out. All of the sudden there were massive failures of the PS2's. Well, not technical failures. The game was the first one to use the dual layer disc. All of the PS2's had time to collect dust and whatnot, and the PS2's could not read the discs fast enough to play them.

I don't think the games damaged the systems at all, but the systems couldn't play them.

All I know is that, if my Wii's disc drive breaks down, it better happen before July as that is when my warranty expires (on my second Wii as the first died).
Actually GTA is a single layer game, it's just that the crappy drive sony slap in couldn't keep up with the constant streaming. It's a lens torturing device.

Back