SSX question

tank

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Nov 26, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok, before you flame. I did a search couldn't find anything.

I'm still having some trouble really getting the controls down well, and I think it may be because my motions are going out of the sight of the sensor bar. So my question is.....

When drawing the uber shapes, does it use the sensor bar and infared locating, or the accelerometer to detect if you're drawing the shapes. If it uses the sensor bar then my movements are just too wild.

Thanks d00dz

I don't know for sure. When I get home I will see if I can point the remote away from the bar and still do the uber tricks. The wild motions arent necessary you have to be pretty smooth with the movements. I had alot of trouble getting the hang of the uber tricks.

Sensor bar is not used for drawing uber tricks. Easiest ways to get them down is to stand up, make straight otions, and hold A a little bit longer than you think you need to.

haha sorry to double post. But WOW. the game is so much better once you get this **** down. I got 1st place in halfpipe with like a whole minute left to go. I also never realized there was a little help thing to practice drawing them in game. That helped A LOT.

tank said:
haha sorry to double post. But WOW. the game is so much better once you get this **** down. I got 1st place in halfpipe with like a whole minute left to go. I also never realized there was a little help thing to practice drawing them in game. That helped A LOT.

i dont know if thats what ur talking about, but theres a help tutorial inside the menu that lets you draw the shapes and tells u when u get it right. I couldnt do one ubertrick till i found it, and i find the basic ubertricks really easy to pull off. Honestly gamespot really sucked to say there were probs with ubertricks...

And the game rockz hard. Half pipe ftw!

fakemxcan said:
i still havent been able to do an uber trick

I honestly wasn't either until today. When you're in game hit pause and go to the "ubertricks" menu. It let's you practice and it tells you when you draw the shapes correctly. I think the best ones are the ones that you need both hands to draw. It took me a while to realize that you needed both hands when I was trying to do the heart shape:p

The thing that was messing up my ubertricks was that I was holding the A button for too long. Also I was doing the tricks slowly, once I fixed that I was on my way.

i dont have any trouble doing the uber tricks.. the first time i was doing the uber tutorial i got the loop uber trick, and the second time i got the Z..
i havent had hardly anytime to play it wich is GAY, ive only played it for like 3 hours and i have had the game for like6 days...
its a really fun game though..
the only problem i had in it was: for some reason when i was doing tricks i kept pressing the A button while i was doing the tricks, and i got annoied coz my tricks wouldnt work, lol, pretty dumb, but yeh...

Back