Standby Mode Ignored

Mr V

WiiChat Member
Jan 7, 2008
Hi All,

Does anyone have any idea why when I turn standby mode off, it should stop my Wii connecting to the internet when it's switched on? Only when I turn standby mode it on, does it reconnect. All my internet settings are correct (I mean, you are connected or you're not right?) but I don't want to have my Wii online 24/7 slowing down the speeds for my other machines that are on the same network, I just want it to connect to the net when it's switched ON.

Many thanks for your thoughts/experiences.

Mr V.

Mr V said:
...but I don't want to have my Wii online 24/7 slowing down the speeds for my other machines that are on the same network, I just want it to connect to the net when it's switched ON.

You must leave WiiConnect 24/7 on 24/7 for standby to work. It won't slow down your other PC's internet experience. If your on Dialup it would be a slim chance too.

If you leave WiiConnect 24/7 on for standby to work then you can hold down the powerbutton for like 5 seconds which will turn off the Wii and skip standby, light will be red instead of yellow or green. then you have the best of both worlds when you want.

Thank you

Does that mean every time I turn the Wii off I need to hold down the off switch for it to go out of standby mode? But if you think it wont slow my other connections then I'll should just leave it on 24/7 right?

Many thanks.

Back