Standby mode

ryan_91

WiiChat Member
Jan 29, 2007
Ohio
Wii Online Code
0529-9432-7757-9856
Can I recive messages from my other friends when my wii is in standby mode.
Stanby mode is when the light is orange right?

No no, Leche, you're actually right about the blue light that surrounds the Wii disc slot. Basically, if you connect the Wii to the internet and use the WiiConnect24 service, your Wii can receive updates/messages etc. even when you're not using the Wii, by leaving it in Standby mode(which is what the Yellow light is on the front of the Wii). The red light means that the Wii is off competelyand the green light means it is on.

If you set the Standby mode to on in the Wii settings and then set 'WiiConnect24' mode to on(also in th Wii Settings), when you switch the Wii off by hitting the power button on the WiiMote, it doesn't actually turn the Wii off altogether, it turns it into Standby mode, but the Wii is connected to the internet and to WiiConnect24. This way, if there is an update or a message for you, you will be able to get it at anytime. The pulsing blue light tells you that the Wii has received data of some sort(could be an update message or an e-mail from someone you have added to your Wii friends list). You can change the way the blue light pulses from the Wii settings menu as well(you can turn it off too if you don't like it). Hope that this helps! :)

Ight..but can I receive mesagges in stanby?

Yes, as Leche said, and then you turn the Wii on to read them. Your Wii will pulse blue when something is received(you won't know if its a message or an update, just that SOMETHING has been received)

It's surprising how many messages are posted that could be answering by looking in the instruction manual....

Yeh well alot of us are too lazy to look in the manual...so we have some one else do it for us lol. ;)

ryan_91 said:
Yeh well alot of us are too lazy to look in the manual...so we have some one else do it for us lol. ;)
yeh......... durrrrrr:lol:

Back