Star wars for the wii...........possible ?

That would be really good. Would an even bigger plonker to people walking past outside too! :lol:

eskiemong said:
i'd really love to play star was in wii.. But I seriously doubt that if it could come true.. Considering Wii's hardware, isn't it just not enough to handle the AI and graphic? No offense, but I'm just curious.(I wasn't even thinking about the hardware of Wii since I know nothing of it, but I read that in the comments of that video in Youtube)

Considering there are Star wars games on the PSP, PS2, XBox(1) and Game Cube, the Wii is very much capable. No forgetting there have been Star Wars games on the PC since 1990....

Its down to the lazy developers, doing PS2 ports, not investigating the true potential. Oh, lets not forget about Nintendo not shipping the SDKs ( that utilises the Wii's potential ).

theangelwing said:
Oh, without a doubt do I think George Lucas and his crew are thinking about this. I know its implanted in there heads. And quote me on this. We should see something announced of plans on this by end of 2007.

I hope to God you're right about this cuz I love the Star Wars Universe and I'd love to see a great Star Wars game come out for the Wii. Hopefully by that time developers will have learned to fully utilize the Wii's graphical capabliities. Maybe even have an Online Component. And on a side note I'm liking the ideas for the control scheme. Its funny how I was so worried about how games on the Wii would play with the the Wiimote considering the button layout. but I was pleasantly surprised when the games came out.

The wii is very capable of producing a solid stars wars game even if the graphics are only as good as Republic Commando was on the first x-box that would be enought to make most people happy. I just wouldn't expect the controls to able to mimics extremely detialed force powers with a wide variety of use and free motion lightsaber swinging.

Regarding lightsaber controls im sure they would be simplified into a couple simple slashes, swings and stabs. The wii coud easily do the pick up the storm trooper and toss him around like a rag doll thing since similiar things have been done in other games like half life 2.

Xasf said:
Actually I've played Star Wars games on PCs to which Wii would seem like a supercomputer, so no, Wii hardware is more than enough to do its job. We don't have HD graphics anyway, and anything less than that the Wii can handle.

And I'm sure Lucas Arts will be developing an exclusive title for Wii, there is simply too much profit for them not to.

Oh, then great! I really can't wait to play Star Wars with Wii.. I am sure it will come out soon..
But I think it's going to be really hard job to figure out how to adapt the game in Wii. Because there are a lot of other moves in the game other than using force, so if it comes out in Wii, I bet that it's going to be one hella hard one to play.
Nevertheless, I really can't wait.

From what I've seen so far, Lucas Arts are run by a bunch of retards. Last year they were smirking and giving "knowing smiles" when asked about it. Now, they're totally silent. I think they're sitting with their thumbs up their asses trying to figure out how to finally do something original.

I would LOVE a SW game for the Wii, but with Lucas Arts, I don't think we will.

I think a Star Wars game will be on Wii sooner or later as Lucasarts usually release games for every platform. That Force Unleashed isnt being released on Wii is a bit of a suprise but perhaps it could mean that the Wii will eventually have its own title.

Lightsabers would be awesome and work great using the Wiimote, except against other lightsabers as blocking would be an issue. For force pushes or pulls id like the nunchuk motions controlling it so you could use your saber and the force at the same time.

would be soooo great, clicking A while using the lightsaber and B while using Force, its perfect

Actually, the fact that it's a concept title for "younger players", seems like Pandemic is following the Nintendo puss-route of kiddie games.

Great. I can't freaking wait.

I'm temped to go get a Bluetooth adapter, stick a few candles on my monitor, and write a GlovePie script for KotOR so I can play it with the wiimote and nunchuck...

sy wrong link:lol: But i remember reading they were making one. Can't wait

Back