StarEdge- Official Sign-Up and OOC Discussion

yea I remember those peeps/// I'll spread the word, but ima try to keep it confined to the strong and mature writers, cuz we all know their are some on here that just cannot stand not being the center of attention no matter what. Ima try to get a hold of Shadow as well.

Thanks man. I think we all know the key to a successful roleplay is good and committed writers... it looks like we're off on the right foot. :)

Hell to the yes Gigs, hell to the yes. Also, to all other ppl wanting to join and post SU's, review either mine or Nick's SU above on this page to get a good idea of what is expected. One word.

Detail.

Yep, detail is very important.

I hope that I can do better this time around. What was bad about my RPing before, exactly?

i dont know. never RPed with you that I can remember. Ive RPed with Gigs before, and hes amazing

ohhh yea...... I remember now....

Ur good. Just gotta use more detail. Well, at least for my taste. I enjoy painting a picture for the reader to make them feel like they are in the words... Whether its exciting, bland, sad or whatever, great detail is sucess. Captivate the reader, and you can claim glory.

-BEGN TRANSMISSION-

Name:Darius Lorne

Species: Quarr

Allegiance: Good- COSMOS Trooper

Appearance:
frogman.png

Image thanks to Danielle a.k.a BurrHenry a.k.a Febe!
The Quarr are a race of aquatic people with many traits in common with modern-day aquatic and amphibian life. They have long webbed hands and feet, and moist, rubbery skin. Off of their home planet, they must use breathing apperatuses (in Darius's case, a retooled gas mask) in order to procure the required amount of moisture from the atmosphere to remain wet and healthy. Without this apparatus, the Quarr shrivel up within the course of a few hours and die. Males have greener skin than females and also have long "fin-blades" on either elbow for both protection and mating rituals.
Darius wears a thin black jumpsuit from his time as a COSMOS Trooper, along with fingerless gloves and his breathing mask.

Homeworld: The Quarr Homeworld, Serris, is a thick, swampy marshland planet filled with dragonfly-type creatures the size of a toddler and aquatic-based beings. The air is so thick there that only creatures adapted to it, like the Quarr, can see through the piercing fog. The Quarr, though up to date with the most recent galactic technology, prefer to live in small "tribe-groups" along the riverbeds of the planet, only meeting once a year with other groups to exchange genetic information via mating.

Biography: Although Darius was raised as a young Proll (the Quarr equivalent of a tadpole) on Serris, he only spent a few months there as a young adult Quarr before being selected by the Unity government for his advanced brain capacity and genetic compatibility for COSMOS injections. The injections heightened Darius's speed, strength, sight, and enhanced his fin-blades to the point where they are true sword-like appendages, able to resist most blaster fire and even deflect pulsar blades, as well as cut through steel. However, Darius found himself most at home in the many laboratories on the Unity Research Stations, and became an avid scientist and engineer. He was one of the main contributors to the Psyker project and can also decode Allis writing, a valuable trait.

When Cykris performed his coup against the Unity, he attacked the base Darius was on with the intent of slaughtering anyone who had been a part of the Psyker project, and so prevent the creation of any more warriors with telekinetic abilities other than himself. Darius fought off the group of soldiers sent to "take care" of him, but watched in horror through unbreakable glass as his scientist colleagues were brutally murdered before his very eyes. The last one to fall, his best friend, saw Darius watching and hit the disengage button in the control room he was in before he died, separating Darius's section of the ship from the rest of the station and allowing him to escape.

Alone and lost, he caught the eye of the then-newly-formed Resistance, who brought him into the fold. He is now a valued member of the resistance and their Chief Engineer, as well as being one of the ones responsible for finding and inducting new recruits into the Resistance.

Personality: Darius is a gifted genius, even for his already-intelligent kind, and thinks in a way difficult for humans to comprehend. He often gets frustrated when others have trouble keeping up with his lightning-quick thought process, and when flustered, expands the pouch on his neck and makes a disapproving croaking sound. He also has a rather inflated sense of self and can sometimes go out on a tangent talking about his genius. Overall, however, he is a clever and caring individual who is a valuable member of the fight against Cykris. He also has a penchant for bad humor.

BONUS FACT: If his accent could be equated to current accents in the world today, it would most closely resemble British.

Ship/Weapons: Darius's ship, The Silverwing, is a weak but speedy and maneuverable silvery-blue ship that is actually fairly large. Though he is a talented pilot, Darius prefers to avoid space battles when he can, and rather excels in close and long range personal combat.

He carries a small Resistance-issued pistol with his own "modifications" to increase it's usefulness and is a master of finblade combat, able to hold his own against multiple opponents at once easily, bounding in between them with his powerful legs.

-END TRANSMISSION-

So...? :)

Last edited:
Wow, that guy is weird.....pretty interesting, too. I found your bio easier to understand than Storms, which is a plus.

Very interesting Gigs.... Very interesting.... I like it. Good job :)

@ Nick: Thats cuz where I come from we use larger words I suppose... Actually, I'm not sure why its easier for you to read his to be honest... lol

-BEGIN TRANSMISSION-

Name: Orbus Frater

Species: Human

Allegiance: Good

Appearance: Orbus is average sized. He stands about 6'3", weighs right around 180 pounds. Built good, not very stocky. His skin is pale and white, almost transparent, from living on the streets and lack of nutrients. His clothes consist of rags that he has found where he resides.

Homeworld: Unknown

Biography: Orbus never knew a home. He never knew family, he never knew support, love, anything to cherish, nothing. The furthest back he can remember is when he was young, he was standing in a dark, damp alleyway, and there were the bodies of three grown men lying on the ground in front of him. Orbus himself was bleeding some from the side of his head, but these men were dead; their bodies had looked like they had imploded on themself, as if having been crushed between two hands. Orbus didn't know what to do. He ran, and ran, and just kept on running.

Orbus has no memory prior to that moment, and all those thereafter are those of sadness, loneliness, and solitude. He has spent what he can remember of his entire life in the slums of a planet called Inops. Said planet was known as the "scum" planet, and that is because instead of being sent to prison, those who could not pay bills or commited crimes were sent here. Orbus has no direct outlook on life, never has known anything except the rough and rugged lifestyle that he has developed on Inops. It has been many years, but noone is sure of Orbus's actual age or descent, all that is known is that he is human.

He is known throughout Inops as "The Rat" or, "The Scrounger." He nitpicks through the scum of the planet and finds what he likes, and keeps it. He has heard of al the galactic news going on, with the rise of the new government and everything like such. He has also heard of a resistance forming to overthrow the new power; and when he hears of this, he gets a strange, unexplainable feeling of desire to go and fight for good. Having spent all his life around muggers, murderers, and the scum of the universe, he has a strangely warped sense of justice, but once he decides what is right in his mind, he will stop at nothing until it is done.

Personality: Orbus is a strange fellow, his dialect is incredibly adept for his backround. Finding different books and knick knacks around the planet he stays at, he has learned multiple intelligences and speaks nearly thirty-five different alien languages. He is very unsure of himself, but once he makes up his mind, it is one track and whoever gets in the way of it gets mowed over without hesitation.

Ship/Weapons: Orbus has no ship. His weapons consist of scrap metal and junk he has found to survive on his trashy planet of Inops. He carries various arrays of sharp metallic objects with him, along with laser guns he has recovered from the bi-monthly shipment of guard soldiers that are sent to the planet to insure regulation and stability. It never happens.

-END TRANSMISSION-

Hows that?

What else can I say but Accepted, and great job? :)

Last edited:
Back