strange noises

lionman

WiiChat Member
Nov 29, 2006
ok.....my wii has been set up since xmas day. Not been moved, not been knocked. Noticed last night when putting monkeyball in drive a strange chugging sound....seems to settle down after a while and not really noticed it when using other discs...altho i will now listen out. Anyone else had any similar strange noises from their wii's. All is working ok

ive heard it before. i dont know what its about but maybe its being used too much. but i did stop making that noise after 5 minutes.

Excite Truck said:
ive heard it before. i dont know what its about but maybe its being used too much. but i did stop making that noise after 5 minutes.

To be honest ours isnt used that much....hour a day at the msot during the week...a bit more at weekends when the jkids are at home....just wondered if it was something that i should be worrying about....

Excite Truck said:

The Wii is design to be used for years. A couple months of use should not be considered being used "too much", even if you're playing all days long and swapping discs a lot. It could be an early sign that something in the disc loading mechanism is starting to fail.

LMFAO!!!! Good one:lol:

ive heard some wierd noises too. when games boot up it has some disc noises for a while. i dont notice it go away cause im too immersed in the games after 5 minutes lol. but it happends so often i dont think it does go away.

should this be happening? its not bad, games work, but its a wierd chuggin sound.

i have an odd noise as well, but mine is only when you boot up the system

The warning screen pops up and tells you to press the "a" button. I do that and just before it loads the wii menu interface, a small clicking noise is heard. Almost comparable to that of snapping your fingers faintly. Has anyone else had something happen along these lines???

I think just about everyone gets that clicking noise, I think thats the disk being spun up initially... I dont really know. Two questions: how loud would you say the fan is (about as loud as X) and how much/often do you get loading noises during gameplay... and what do they sound like?

As long as it only happens for a short period, it will be ok. If the sound happens throughout all of the gameplay it might be something to be concerned about.
My Wii makes a little sound when reading discs and starting up.

Wii_Fan said:
As long as it only happens for a short period, it will be ok. If the sound happens throughout all of the gameplay it might be something to be concerned about.
My Wii makes a little sound when reading discs and starting up.

Same here. I think it's just normal though.

Back