street fighter II....

ninja senses

[disturbing the peace]
Jan 31, 2007
cleveland
Wii Online Code
0180-9836-2723-1072
i'm a old schooler so i decided to download this classic, and to my surprise...that **** was harder than i remember!! Still fun to play, how do i unlock vega, and the others?

ya, lol, i couldnt believe that i remembered how to do ryu and ken's energy ball and hurricane kick specials, i was like, wait a minute, then i pressed the buttons, and WHAM! awesome, the feeling of hitting him with the special moves brought back so many awesome memories, to get the special characters i think you have to beat the game with all the originally playable characters, i think, not sure, ill try it and see, but that sounds right to me

you gotta beat EVERYONE in the world tour including m bison

i dont remember it being so hard either or that slow! :confused:

yeah its a classic, i was gonna get it but heard soo many people complain about how slow it was to play, i'll look for some video comaprisons on youtube or something

I don't remember being able to play any of the 4 bosses in this version of the game.

Street Fighter II is one of those games where I enjoy playing more than anything new they put out. My brother has a SNES and we still go head to head on that game and have a blast.

The Street Fighter on the VC is SFII: World Warrior. Which does not have playable bosses. It was not until SFII Turbo that you could play the bosses (and also have 2 players play the same character with different coloured clothes) The main reason I have not downloaded this yet is because I waiting to see if they eventually release the TURBO version. I'm assuming they eventually will, but not for some time. I may break down and get it eventually.

JonnyJTV said:
The Street Fighter on the VC is SFII: World Warrior. Which does not have playable bosses. It was not until SFII Turbo that you could play the bosses (and also have 2 players play the same character with different coloured clothes) The main reason I have not downloaded this yet is because I waiting to see if they eventually release the TURBO version. I'm assuming they eventually will, but not for some time. I may break down and get it eventually.

holy crap youre right! i never noticed but yeah i was gunna say we dont have broug (or however you spell it, the black vegas boxer), then others like vega or sagat (i didnt see them on the list of players)

thats PROBABLY why i dont remember this street fighter being so slow. i had the turbo growing up i guess. my god how fast ive forgotten :blush2:

your right! crap! oh well, ya, now that i think about it, it is turbo that has playable bosses, hmm, that'd piss me off if they release the other one in a few months, hey, but this is a great chance for nintendo to test wii game updates, maybe theyll be like the 360, where every time you play itll check for updates real quick, hmm, they should do this and make a SF:II turbo edition update, idk, just an idea, wut do u think?

JonnyJTV said:
There's a code you can enter that should allow you to play as the same characters in this version, assuming the code will work on the VC version.

Here's the code:

Championship Mode
To enter Championship Mode, wait for the Capcom logo, then press Down, R, Up, L, Y, B. If done correctly, title screen should be blue.

I don't really like the snes versions just because arcade versions are on the PS1/XBOX live. The snes and arcade if two different games. The strategy is slightly different because of the missing frames found on the snes. Sorry, I'm just a big street fighter fan and it makes a big difference for me.

jlspec said:
Here's the code:

Championship Mode
To enter Championship Mode, wait for the Capcom logo, then press Down, R, Up, L, Y, B. If done correctly, title screen should be blue.

Has anyone confirmed if this works on the Virtual Console? And does this just allow you to play as the same guy? Or does it give you access to the bosses.

JonnyJTV said:
Has anyone confirmed if this works on the Virtual Console? And does this just allow you to play as the same guy? Or does it give you access to the bosses.
You can't play as the bosses, but the code will allow you to play in VS. mode as the same character, ie. Guile vs. Guile.

Did have some epic fights on this on the SNES (not redownloading its on the Capcom collection)
Class end was a quick trunaround in a Bison fight
I was Ryu my life bar was allmost gone (Was playng on 9) Bison tryed a Psyco crusha I did a Dragon Punch it conected and it wiped HALF HIS LIFE BAR down to zero
Dragon Punch - USE IT
(towards, down, don/towards)

But who cares with SNK along we can now have Garuo mark of wolfs and unless Capcom put Street fighter 3 3rd strike SNK wins

Back