Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

Mr_Stoukaph

WiiChat Member
Jul 8, 2006
Washington
Wii Online Code
2509-0795-4188-6793
This has been a small conflict with Otakus everywhere. (If one at all). Do you like japanese language with subtitles? Or do you prefer your first language (most of us would be english) dubbing the anime?

I'll post my opinion if this thread is at all popular.:yesnod:

Sub is by far the best. You are able to hear the emotions a lot better than when it is dubbed and the voices are not really gay sounding.

Although some anime does have good dubb (I speack English) for example the Cowboy Beepop dubb is pretty good in my opinion.

But usually dubb is horrible like in the case of Naruto >_<

Believe It!!!!!!!! >_<

This one cant answer
I like a good dub and a good sub

It really depends, some anime have really nice DUBS while others have crappy ones. For example, i really like the FMA Dubbing but the Naruto one is a bit weird. I really like Naruto but i prefer it in Eng Sub rather than Dub. Naruto sounds a bit queer in the English version. Come to think of it, all the characters in Naruto eng dub sound queer :lol:

The german Naruto is worse
Zazake
Zaruto

Sub... especially since after hearing the same word endlessly in Japanese (Or which ever language the shows in) you begin to pick up the language. (This is why, when learning Welsh, I had to watch endless episodes of Pam Fi Dew)

im not a bigfan of anime. naruto is the only one i like. i first saw it in english and thought "damn. thses voices suck" but i stuck with it untill i got restless and wanted to see the rest of the series. i downloaded the jappaneese episodes and found out i liked the jap with eng. subs the best

I don't watch too many anime but of the ones i like case closed, lupin the third, and FMA the official dubs are pretty good and they didn't edit anything out of the shows except for fma there are a few cus words in jap that are changed to dangit and damit and stuff like that other then that its exact same show I hear they messed up naruto and yu-gi-oh i don't watch ether so i wouldn't know

i like the subtitles best. i mean, after u hear the english version, the japenese version sounds weird at 1st, but then once u get used 2 it it sounds a lot better. plus usually on the japenese version their r more swears/blood. also it kind of gives u a perspective on how another language goes (even though it is the only language i speak, english sounds pretty crappy now that ive heard japenese).

:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

If you want bad
Card captors was very hevely edited
eps missing plot things missing
there also the love triangle thing missing
also tomoes love for sakura (that why she made the cosies)

It depends on the movie. If it's something like Crouching Tiger or House of Flying Daggers, I prefer subtitles. However, a movie like Volcano High, a comedy, really needs to be dubbed, imo.

GO SUBS! If I hear: BELIEVE IT! in that high-pitched annoying American-attempting-Japanese-American-Japanese-Voice again..I will shoot myself.

Back