Suggestion: The Wii shop

Tocaraca

WiiChat Member
Feb 11, 2014
Wokingham
This is not a channel. This is an actual shop, like argos.
You would find it somewhere like in a shopping mall. A whole shop for Wii stuff! You could get wii consoles, games, controllers, nunchucks, and even stuff on the wii shop channel from older consoles!
It would also sell Wii U stuff.
Like the idea? Comment about it.

An actual store that sells Wiis?

A few years to late me thinks

We've one'a those over here in the States, though it's by no means limited to Wii (U) goods (it'd go outta business if that were the case). I reckon t'was better back when it was Pokemon Center NY... ¬_¬
I mean an actual shop specifically for the Wii and the Wii U. It would be awesome. You go there and can get anything for the wii you want, even classic controllers and SNES games that are on the wii shop channel!

... But that's what gaming stores and online shopping are for.
A gaming store is for other games as well, not just the wii. Online shopping has it's downsides (what if you don't have internet? Or if it cannot get delivered)

Which is why said stores survive. A shop that only panders to one sort of audience is doomed to obscurity since they won't get enough business. Wii (U) stuff is already sold everywhere else as well. 'Til Gamestop dies, such specialty stores have no chance ('specially since Ninty stores obviously wouldn't sell used games).

More importantly, location and scale is everything. There ain't tons'a Nintendo Worlds all over the globe because the few ones which exist are meant to essentially be tourist attractions. The US' sole Ninty World is in NYC due to population density and frequency of tourism. Moreover, it sells much more than just gaming stuff as well. Variety, location and scale lead to its success. Stores being found more commonly in shopping, with limited stock, wouldn't lead to much success.

Shopping in person also has its downsides: I can't shop at Ninty World 'cause I don't live near it (... or anythin' else, for that matter). Gas costs can easily exceed shipping. Also, someone not havin' internet in a first world country, who can afford vidya gaem consoles and other such merchandise, ain't really a thing anyways.

Back