Super Castlevania IV

theONE

[secksii]
Feb 11, 2007
I have played the 3 most recent Castlevania (for GBA + DS) and found them all fun, but reletivly easy. After playing SCIV I am vastly surprised at the level of difficulty, desite that I am thoroughly amused and addicted. Was it the same for the rest of the CV fans? Or do I just suck?

Yes, the game is kind of hard. :p I still have the original cartridge of this game, I've beaten it like 100 times.

You probably don't care, but the drawbridge theme music is the best in the entire game. My favorite weapon are the daggers, and I love spinning the chain whip around in circles. The hardest level in my opinion is the beginning of the water level.

Have you ever played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for PSX?

Bryan_ said:
Yes, the game is kind of hard. :p I still have the original cartridge of this game, I've beaten it like 100 times.

You probably don't care, but the drawbridge theme music is the best in the entire game. My favorite weapon are the daggers, and I love spinning the chain whip around in circles. The hardest level in my opinion is the beginning of the water level.

Have you ever played Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for PSX?

No, and I was supper pissed when they announced it for PSP. But maybe we'll get some other good CV games on the VC.

It's on Xbox 360's VC thing too, formatted for HD and everything. Lucky. ;-;

i think super castlevaina IV is the best in the series but thats not saying alot because all castlevaina games are perfect. but if you think SCIV is hard just wait until they release castlevaina for the nes that is the hardest one. i hope everyone one of the nes ones are released on the vc. i mean i own all the games but i would like them on my wii

I posted earlier that I beat the game dying only once, I USED to be much better at it or so I thought. I picked up the controller and second try through it I beat it dying just 1 guy. No you probably don't suck, I've heard from numerous people that the game is hard, but I've been through all of them(excluding the 3-d ones) and must say that even though it's a redo, not to be confused with "remake", of the first one it's an AMAZING game! I personally stick with the crosses and on occasion holy water and dagger. Though now that I think about it, I did think the original castlevania for NES was VERY difficult compared to this one. I mean.............oh CRAP!!! I watched my bro beat that one that's right!!! I never did get past Death in the original but did get through Super Castlevania dying only one guy last week. Should've recorded it, just about shite myself when I beat the living, erm, un-living crap out of dracula!:eek: Other amazing things I can remember, because it doesn't happen ALL the time:

Found Zero's Black armor in X5 first time through.

Beat megaman X4 dying only 3 guys.

Beat Street Fighter II Turbo on hardest difficulty dying twice.

Beat Gardens of Theed level in Episode 1 for ps1 in under 5 minutes(There's a glitch I found in the game at the start at the bridge you can hop on the support before it breaks apart and jump across!!!

hmmmm........nothing else comes to mind at the moment but I'll let you know.

p.s.Castlevania, Street fighter, and Megaman games have been played in my family for decades now, I can't remember a time when I wasn't into one so I may have had quite a bit of practice.:D

p.s.s. I would like to hear some of your amazing video game experiences!

Last edited:
let see i beat sonic 2 in 30 minutes that was my best run i didnt die once god that game is so much fun to play

i beat Final Fantasy IX with out dying once and i beat it pretty fast but i cant remember the time

i have beaten metal gear solid more than 100 times and i can run throw extreme like its very easy. i have not done it in a while but i bet i can still do it and not die once

I have beat ikaruga i think that is something that should be awarded a medal for doing cause its harrrrd

i know i have done lots of other stuff but i cant think of them right now if i think of them i will post again

DUDE!!! I'm surprised anyone else even knows Ikaruga!!! I fricking LOVE that game!!! My twin brother and I beat it on normal or standard or whatever it was and THAT game really IS a challenge if anyone else wants to try it!!! I agree a frickin medal would be nice.:rolleyes:

-Marcus

i love that game i bought it the day it came out on the gamecube. and pretty much nobody i know has ever played or even heard of it but i love it. try beating it on hard that took me so many tries i pretty much have the whole game memorized. i think that is the only way you can beat it. i would love to see more games like it come out on the wii

oh and as for Super Castlevaina IV summary you start out at the gates of Dracula's castle you work your way all the way up to his chambers. you play as on character throughout the game and his main weapon is a whip but you can pick up sub weapons such as a Knife, cross (acts kinda like a boomerang), holy water, axe, and a clock that stops time. To uses these sub items you have to have hearts, which up pick by whipping candles and such. Each stage has a boss you fight at some time in the level for example on one of the levels you fight Medusa and on other you fight two ghost dancers. The game is long enough probably take you 2 or 3 hours the first time through it. This a pretty difficult game with some tough boss fights and is well worth the $8 it cost to buy on the VC. I have been playing this game since i was like 7 years old and i still love it.

Last edited:
Back