Super Mario Bros 3 help

reba627

WiiChat Member
Feb 9, 2008
I finally got a Wii yesterday after 3 months of searching, yay! And I couldn't wait to download Super Mario Bros 3, but I have a few questions (it's been forever since I've played).

Is there a way to save the game progress? When I end the game, it erases all of my progress. Also, when I run out of lives, I select "continue" and it puts me right back at the start, again, erasing my progress.

Any help?

lol good question

I just bought mario bros 3 yesterday for my wii. Basically the answer to your question is no, it is exactly how it is on NES. once u get gameover its "gameover" :lol:

you have to have an internet connection on your Wii, then go to the shop channel on Wii and purchase it for 500 points from the virtual console section. For more detail i believe u can find it on this forum somewhere.

Oh you can save on the Wii but only by exiting to the Wii menu which isn't really a save yet a save state.

Please create such topics in the Nintendo retro section.

To save, just return to the Wii menu. Pressing continue after running out of lives returns you to the start of the world you are on, not the start of the game.

When you get gameover, it only takes you to the beginning of the world your in, if you select to continue, and all opened gates stay open, as well as the airship stays, if you got that far. Yea, and if you exit to the wii menu, it stays sort of frozen.

EDIT: seems Spinty got there just a little before me...

Yea, i got it yesterday, got to world 3, decided that if i didnt use the wii menu exit it would keep me at world 3, and got really dissapointed when it didn't. How could they be so stupid and not put a save function in there? Who's really going to just sit down and play it until they beat it?

yeh so the only way to save reall is leaving the game by going to thw wii menu?

I was in world 4 or something and i stoped playing wen i came back something was wrong with the move notation i pressed reset on the wii and i went back to the beggining...

Back