Super Mario Galaxy 2 or Donkey Kong Country Returns

Definitely galaxy, but I personally hate Donkey Kong games so.. a little bias

I haven't played DKC Returns, but if its anything like the classic snes games, it should be better than mario galaxy 2.

I haven't played either smg or dkr. GameSpot review smg2 as a perfect 10/10 and my local GAME retailer has galaxy and galaxy2 for £37 each.

So going on reviews is say that galaxy is the better.

I think IGN gave a stupid rating. There is nothing special about any SMG Game. I've played both, they're worthless. Should have been 3 out of 10.

my humble opinion: donkey kong returns, have nothing good to say about galaxy.

@Skidmarx

What, in your opinion, do think of SMG 1 & 2, even if you don't have something good to say? I like to hear all opinions, no matter how brutal.

well it's personal, i hated mario64 from the start almost had a minor stroke playing that, i mean almost, and the even older mario games were more my type of challenge.

donkey kong is a much better franchise imo

Last edited:
@Skidmarx

So do you hate Super Mario 64 specifically; or you hate them all, but prefer the more challenging ones from NES? If its the second one, then SMG 2 would fit your cup tea... just a bit before it gets bitter again. They're are some pain-in-the-ass challenges. However, its still not for you.

the old ones are better, galaxy 1 and 2 don't have the right joy buzzers for me. but we could rant for a month..............

Back