Super Mario Galaxy Q&A From Someone Who Has Played the Final Version

Eagles said:
Sillyhat you're the man for the SMG info ;).

Haha thanks, I've been a big fan of the Mario franchise ever since it was created. I'm happy to let you guys get the info about it. I'll keep checking back to see when he answers more of the questions submitted. One of my questions to him is, "Do you face Bowser only once as in Sunshine? Or is it like Super Mario 64 where you face him 3 different times?"

Hm. Very interesting. Pfff. like I needed some dude to tell me the game rocks. 9_9

Can't wait~ I knew the pointing at the star thingies wouldn't be tedious. ^^ Kind of reminds me of the fairy pointer in TP. <3

Sillyhat said:
Haha thanks, I've been a big fan of the Mario franchise ever since it was created. I'm happy to let you guys get the info about it. I'll keep checking back to see when he answers more of the questions submitted. One of my questions to him is, "Do you face Bowser only once as in Sunshine? Or is it like Super Mario 64 where you face him 3 different times?"
I think this answers your question...

Instead of getting a key when you beat Bowser and unlocking access to more rooms in the house you get a Grand Star and unlock access to more rooms in the observatory.

You would have to fight him more than once because there has to be more than one set of area to unlock

Yeah I saw that too, hopefully thats the case. I liked seeing Bowser more than one time in the game.

I agree. That's the only thing I wish Sunshine had. I loved fighting Bowser. ^^ And then him threatening to get more stars etc.

Is it able to get a bit of emotional reaction? I mean, will it give the player a feeling of excitment/sadness/laughter etc or is it going to be another game that always feels like its just a game. When I saw the opening scenes in the Video Vault, I thought it was pretty exciting to watch but I wonder if that runs through out the game.
This may sound like an exaggeration, but there were times when I was just overwhelmed by it all and had to just stop to take it in. That's never happened to me with a game before. But when I was running about the Observatory at the start I just stopped and soaked it all in because it was all amazing: it looks stunning, the orchestral music is the best I've ever heard in a Nintendo game (it could go straight into an old-school Disney movie and fit in perfectly) and I just had to stop and take it all in. I laughed out loud a few times, my mouth dropped open a few times and I felt genuinely touched a few times, and I was the only person in the room so I wasn't doing it for a reaction. Whether it's a better game than Mario 64 is open to debate, but I personally think it's far more emotionally powerful.

i'm at a loss for words. i think i've just fallen in love.

Back