Will Mario Galaxy be like Mario 64??

The Fifth

WiiChat Member
Mar 31, 2007
North Carolina
Wii Online Code
4842-2271-0989-9857
:yikes: I am sure I will probably get some flak here, but whatever. I guess it is probably just me but I don't understand what I am supposed to do in Mario 64 on VC. This is my first time playing it as I didn't have a 64, or a gamecube.
I play a level and get the stars to open new doors and now all of the doors are open and I don't know what to do now. I am not known for being a gaming whiz, I do take a long time to beat games or never beat them. I currently have 80 hours on zelda twilight Princess trying to finish.

So the question is Will I like Mario galaxy if I am frustrated with Mario 64? Will I know what to do? I Think I like the other sidescrolling Marios much better. I like open environment gameplay as Zelda has been a blast to play even though I had to use a walkthrough guide to figure out what to do next a couple times.

Can anyone shed some light here? Thanks.

Well basically Mario 64 and Sunshine on the GC, is a collection of levels. In 64 you open doors to open more rooms with paintings in to jump through. In each level you collect stars by doing various platforming tasks. When you have enough stars you can unlock more doors, more levels etc and so on. Basically the aim of the game is to collected all to the stars. I think that's 120 in Mario 64 but I may be wrong.

As for Galaxy we're not really sure yet how it will work. It does look like it might be potentially a bit different. But, it's a safe guess that it will include stars, bosses and unlocking new zones with stars etc just like Mario 64. Spend a little more time with the game though, you may just grow to like it! Also, just on a controversial note - which I will probably get flamed for - I actually PREFER Mario Sunshine on the GC so it might be worth giving that a go too.

DazzeL said:
I actually PREFER Mario Sunshine on the GC so it might be worth giving that a go too.

I actually liked that game too, not as much as Mario 64 but pretty close.

Thanks! Maybe I will try that Sunshine. Though I will need to get a controller as I never have played a Gamecube or Gamecube game.

Yeah, Mario Sunshine was top. Come to think about it, i havnt really been dissapointed by a mario game...........

Back