Super Smash Bros. 4

Lol, how do you not know if you have a Wii U?
And if you have one, why would you not open it till SSB4 releases? >.<

Don't feel like setting it up. I only have one (good) TV, and that's the one I play Project M on. So I don't see the need for having a Wii U until Smash 4.

Good point.
I still wonder when Project M will be officially done, cause that's when they're gonna release the PAL-version....

I'll share Friend Codes and all when the game comes out. Same with my 3DS for those of you that I haven't added yet.

Speaking of which, I just got a 3ds a couple weeks ago, so I was hoping I could trade friend codes with you guys. So if you are willing, just message me your code. my new sig has mine.

I'll send ya my FC when (... if?) I get Smash 3DS, Toph.

So, how is Nintendo not using DLC right, but Ubisoft is? I don't get it, except for that part that Ubisoft has less time.

My post was commentary on the fact that Ubisoft's day-one updates for Black Flag were free, though they could've easily made a profit off of it instead by doin' some day one DLC bullshit, locking somethin' on the disc and making you pay for it... but they didn't. Nintendo didn't really have anythin' to do with my point lol.

Oh and don't worry about the Mario Golf thing, cause that was perfect. They made the game way cheaper than a regular 3DS game

"Perfect" is a bit of an overstatement... but ya are right, I had no idea it was cheaper. That completely fucks any of my arguments regardin' the game's DLC lol. Well played, good sir. Ya've opened my eyes.

Updates =/= DLC. I'm sure the update was just for gameplay mechanics, so it didn't really bring any new characters or something like that.

Thanks you admitted that about your argument, cause many people just don't give in when they're "wrong".. Especially girls though, lol.
It wasn't completely perfect though like you said, since I believe it's only the case in the USA... Which is pretty unfair, but oh well.

Lol what company sells updates for money... That would be really stupid.

And that wasn't meant sexist... Just talking about my experiences.

@BossFight, my bad ._. Thanks for pointing it out though, that's why I asked.
So you are "Groosin" , right?

Lol what company sells updates for money...

Crapcom.

And that wasn't meant sexist...

But the concept most certainly is. Sexism = ban. You best keep that in mind, Captain... when it comes to any sort'a prejudice, I only give one warning. If that was just a bad joke and ya aren't sexist, ya best avoid any further bad jokes.

Welp, looks like I'll be typing on this from hotel wifi and an iPad that isn't mine. This is gonna be weird. But I figured I'd get my thoughts out about updates for Smash since there was E3 and all. First of all I'm stoked for Palutena in Smash. Bonus points for not being a glorified Pit clone. Dark Pit's role in the trailer does concern me though. He would make a cool secret characters but I think that role would belong to Magnus better.Mii Fighters I feel they executed in the best way they could. They took advantage of the adaptability of the Miis and gave them different roles to play as. People have also wanted to play as Reggie and Iwata, so this is probably the best way they could've pulled this off.Pac Man is okay. They played the Namco rep. safely, but I'm more than happy to have PAC Man square off against Mario.I like the Amiibo feature they showed off too. It makes sense since Smash is a game series where figurines come to life and fight each other.My problem with DLC is that I could be using that money to buy other games that I haven't bought yet. With $15 you can buy around 2 games on Virtual Console, or a used current gen. game. I'd rather have the satisfaction of unlocking a new character that I didn't know was in the game than buy it off of the internet. My other problem is that you can buy games at discount prices if the game's been out long enough or if the game isn't very popular, but you end up paying more money anyway for DLC when all you wanted was a cheap game. Another problem is that like it or not, Nintendo's fan base consists of children. Their only chances to buy video games are generally on Christmas or their birthdays. They don't have very easy access to money. I don't think many families would appreciate it if you had to pay to play as extra characters. I mean, a lot of families are too cheap to even buy controllers for their children and just tell them to 'take turns' playing. With that being said though, I'll probably make an effort to buy all of the Smash Amiibos.

Palutena? As a Pit clone? lol

If anything, I was just hoping she doesn't turn out to be a Zelda clone, which she doesn't look like as of right now.

People have also wanted to play as Reggie and Iwata, so this is probably the best way they could've pulled this off.

... Didn't even think of that. If that had anyfin to do with the decision of includin' Miis, they're ingenius.

My other problem is that you can buy games at discount prices if the game's been out long enough or if the game isn't very popular, but you end up paying more money anyway for DLC when all you wanted was a cheap game.

While not the main reason for DLC, this is a way for developers to get a bit of money from budget gamers who only buy used games. There should be no complaints about legitimate, post-release developed DLC from any gamer, rich or poor.

Paletuna looks indeed awesome. Magnus has been confirmed to be an assist trophy. Damn I agree on almost everything you said Red, nice :p
I'd rather have 3 new characters though, than buying 2 eShop games that are... Okay I guess. But of course, unlocking them is even better.
So no one has problems with free DLC, right? ^^
And I don't think I"ll get all Amiibos... I'm gonna have to play a lot before I even buy one and then decide to buy my favorite character / my favorite character to play against.

And jeez no need to be offended so easily Mr. Karp, I'm strongly against prejudices as well. It was just a side note that I apparently should've left out.
I'm sure that was part of the reason of including Mii's, since they said people wanted to play with all kinds of persons and even gave a few examples. And yeah, I'm glad you agree about the Post release DLC

Too bad Rosalina seems to be partially a Zelda clone, for her non-special moves. Luckily just some moves, which is actually not that bad.

Last edited:
Back