Super Smash Bros. 4

Why? I don't even have work at the moment and I'd pay for any DLC they'd release, even if it were 5 different ones.

Why? I don't even have work at the moment and I'd pay for any DLC they'd release, even if it were 5 different ones.

And there you see the problem

the games not out yet and already you want the DLC, its a bit like those COD kiddys, only with better taste in games

Don't you think you're being a little bit judgemental?

If you have an awesome game like SSBB and you love playing with different characters, the more characters there are, the better.

More DLC characters = More characters to play as. It's almost as if another version of SSB would release, only this time they added 3 more characters and it's way cheaper and releases without a year of the last SSB game. That's freaking awesome.

Not judgemental, just experienced on the topic

If they wanted to add more characters, they could've done it before releasing the game. There is absolutely no need for them to release it and then add the characters in as DLC. Especially paid DLC. I will settle for what characters I have unlocked, but I will not buy DLC for anything like that. It is almost always planned just for the profit.

I'd honestly rather wait for the next SSB then pay for more characters in the current one. Once they develop the game, that's it. That's all I'm getting.

Of course they could have done that before releasing the game, but that would probably cause an even later release date...
And maybe they came up with it after they released the game, which is a really good thing in my opinion, cause it adds to the game.
Also: I don't care for Nintendo to make profit, since they need it. I just want more characters to play as, why the f*** would I care that they did it for the profit?
And it's not even sure they did it because of the profit, like I pointed out before..

Wow really? The next game is just the same thing but a little bit different mechanics and different characters.
That's such a one-sided look. You won't give in, even though it might enhance the fun you get out of your game.

Like adding new content has ever stopped Nintendo from delaying something.

You are definitely not familiar with DLC proceedings, sure people want more characters, but added later usually means they are an afterthought.

Capcom are well known for subtle tweeks and additional characters

Whos to say that Nintendo wont go all capcom and along the line release Super Smash Brothers Wii U ultra with 3 new characters that should of been there in the first place?

Lol, that first sentence was sarcastic... right?

Anything wrong with afterthought?

And I never said they won't do that, and yeah in that case it would be lame, but in general I'm for DLC.

Usually afterthoughts mean that what ever the after thought is is badly balanced and rushed

Hmmm, maybe. But if they release it 6 months after the game was released, I think they've got enough time to balance it without rushing.

Also: For tournaments at least, custom moves will help this game A LOT with balancing every character, which I'm really happy about :D

Here's my thoughts on DLC. After they finish SSB3DS they will still be working on SSBU. They might still makes some adjustments and add new characters that could be patched into the 3DS version.

Also: For tournaments at least, custom moves will help this game A LOT with balancing every character, which I'm really happy about :D
Yep, this is what I believe
Though I hope they only do this after solidifying the current standings.

I still suspect that the game is balanced around Final Destination so using other stages like Battlefield will only give players the possibility of stalling.
If the FD balance is the case, minor tweaks will still be made but if they want to use other stages major tweaks will be made.
Still, after the dust settles, decisions of customization will probably be made by the respective back rooms. We could see a different builds in Japan (though I think they will stick with stock), North America, and Europe.

hue+_87ecdcc5287a1d0e0b2c91a70a83e807.jpg

Sounds like "fun"

As far as gameplay goes and how much fun I'll probably have playing as that character, I think my favorite newcomer so far is actually Villager.

INB4 Chorus Men join the battle!

Back