Super Smash Bros is BORING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmacnei

WiiChat Member
Dec 12, 2007
Jesus I don't see the big amazing response for Super Smash Bros Brawl. I bought it the day it came out and I've found it's just so boring. The Subspace Emissary has the playing value of an early 90s platform game. It's way too long to keep you satisfied. You can't just take Super Smash Bros Melee and add a few new characters and consider it to be amazing.

I'm not into fighting games anymore, but when i was a kid and in my teenage years i loved street fighter, mortal kombat, tekken and others.

Wait wait... How dare you insult 90's platform games... Subspace Emissary isn't anywhere near 90's platformers. 90's platformers crush SSE into oblivion, shame on you.

You should have done research. Thats why you never avoid spoiler threads about upcoming games, because you need to learn wtf you are buying. Brawl is a rehash of Melee with new characters and a few minor updates, but thats why fans buy it.

If you dont like it then stop complaining and don't play it anymore, simple.

Same here. I don't have SSBB and don't plan to get it really. The entire premise of multiplayer bashing each other isn't very exciting to me anymore. Back in college with the GC and melee? Tons of fun for me at the time. I can completely understand how others would play SSBB hours on end though. For some it's still a new experience and for others they just can't get enough of the same premise but with updated features.
I am looking forward to Mario Kart Wii though. I'm hopeful for NCAA Football '09 too.

I think I enjoy it mostly because of the online and because I didn't have a gamecube and didn't really play melee. My brother had both and I played a little melee way back when but not enough to ruin the experience. Brawl is fresh enough to me that its entertaining. I can totally see how it wouldn't be special if I'd sunk a good deal of time into melee.

Regardless of some people disliking the game though, you can't really argue with the sales. There's alot of people out there who like it. ;)

I prefer games with more of a story and plot, personally. But since most kids have ADD I can understand the appeal of fighting games. Get in, play for a bit, get out.

Meanwhile I like to get sucked-in. With games like Tomb Raider and Zelda, I feel like I'm part of a movie.

How is tomb raider? I've never played a tomb raider game, the wii version sounds like it might be worth checking out. Rent or buy?

sremick said:
I prefer games with more of a story and plot, personally. But since most kids have ADD I can understand the appeal of fighting games. Get in, play for a bit, get out.

Meanwhile I like to get sucked-in. With games like Tomb Raider and Zelda, I feel like I'm part of a movie.

I'm actually the opposite. I don't have the time or attention span for most platform, RPG, or story games. I got SMG for Christmas from a friend and I've barely made a dent in the game. The visuals are awesome, the controls are very nice, but crap I just don't have the time to invest hours on end in a game :).

RE4 is a different story. I LOVE RE4 and replayed it until I got the IRL :ciappa:. I find it to be a great stress reliever after work.

If you haven't played Tomb Raider before, you're in for a treat :). I remember playing on the PC and it was a blast. As long as the controls are decent I would say go for it! Oni was a great PC game too, that would be a cool port to the Wii.

Ssb

Super Smash Bros Brawl is awsome
Idk why u are complaining about it just return it then if u dont want it:mad5:

mattmacnei said:
Jesus I don't see the big amazing response for Super Smash Bros Brawl. I bought it the day it came out and I've found it's just so boring. The Subspace Emissary has the playing value of an early 90s platform game. It's way too long to keep you satisfied. You can't just take Super Smash Bros Melee and add a few new characters and consider it to be amazing.

One button to rule them all! :lol:

MoeDawg95 said:
Super Smash Bros Brawl is awsome
Idk why u are complaining about it just return it then if u dont want it:mad5:

Return it for what? Most retailers don't allow returns of opened games unless they are defective, e.g. Best Buy
"Opened computer software, movies, music and video games can be exchanged for the identical item but cannot be returned for a refund."

return it for an identical copy, then don't open the identical copy and return that the next day for a refund.

Skorp said:
How is tomb raider? I've never played a tomb raider game, the wii version sounds like it might be worth checking out. Rent or buy?
Buy. It's mesmerizing.

I only played the original on the Playstation a tiny bit. It goes without saying that the graphics and sound are a lot better. Totally redone. A few of the puzzles and stages are changed to keep it fresh for those who did play the original, but for the most part it. The controls fit the Wii very well. I've actually set down Zelda for a while in order to focus on Tomb Raider.

Videos:
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/906/906156/vids_1.html

duke_fan13 said:
return it for an identical copy, then don't open the identical copy and return that the next day for a refund.

hm, interesting. Where did you do this? Most places don't do an actual transaction for the exchange, so you don't get a new receipt. You can't just walk in with a sealed game and no receipt either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back