Surround Sound help

shaps

WiiChat Member
May 29, 2007
How do i get surround sound from my Wii? theres no audio output on it except for the audio to the Tv phono's

I'm pretty sure that it only outputs in Pro Logic II????

take the red/white cables...........plug into reciever. Choose the correct options on the game menu.

Listen in decent (fake) surround.

If you don't have the equipment (which it sounds like) then you can't use the Dolby PL II feature.

shaps said:
How do i get surround sound from my Wii? theres no audio output on it except for the audio to the Tv phono's
EXACTLY why I laugh whenever someone mentions how cool it would be to have DVD movie playback :lol: :crazy:

As for DVD playing, the $20 RCA Divx/DVD player can do a lot more and why bother to use Wii. After all, all laser equipment has a limited life-span. Of course, most gamer may get a new console before their Wii die, but I still would not use a $250 machine to do a $20 job (which is actually better).

yep got a 5.1 DTS dolbyII amp, just thought there might be a different cable for the surround :(

shaps said:
yep got a 5.1 DTS dolbyII amp, just thought there might be a different cable for the surround :(
I was just as disappointed. I have yet to see a game that even asks to choose between stereo and DPLII. Maybe when Nintendo releases the "Wii Elite" in black ;)

Back