the ~Ask Anyone Anything~ thread

fertogo said:
you got it!
yea...... and then ill get a beat down by my dad saying.... no son of mine is gonna be a faggot.... and then my bros and sis will look down on me (my other sis that i havent told)

ZeLdA4LiFe said:
yea...... and then ill get a beat down by my dad saying.... no son of mine is gonna be a faggot.... and then my bros and sis will look down on me (my other sis that i havent told)
yeah that is a hard thing to do but they will have to deal with it/.....eventually

ZeLdA4LiFe said:
anyone got advice on how to tell your family your bisexual?? :(
That's huge. It's something I had to tell my mom too, but she was really cool about it. I feel bad for your situation. Maybe as you're saying it, you can explain that it isn't something you chose, because you would never choose to upset your family on purpose or have them shun you. I firmly believe nobody would actively choose to be anything but straight. It's human nature to want to be accepted, loved, respected. Coming out can destroy those things. It's just completely illogical for anyone to think it's a choice. Tell your dad you knew how he'd react and you'd never provoke him to be disgusted with you, that it's something you can't help or change, just like your gender or ethnicity. Tell him you'll be careful and that you're still the same person, just no longer keeping a debilitating secret.
Good luck, I sincerely mean it.

Good luck, bro..I think maybe you should tell your family one at a time...Then you all can deal with your dad. Ya know what I mean? Just get him to try and understand with the rest of the family. Other than that, do as Celeste says.

Anyone know what to do about some messed up dreams? I've been having upsetting dreams for awhile now..I dunno...I'll talk to Celeste about it I guess.

wow, this thread got hijacked rather quickly :lol: , but that's OK, it's a subject worth being clear over...
If you haven't already, it's easiest to start with friends, then work your way up to the family. I'm not sure what my parents will say once I come out to them, I know they disapprove of the idea, but I do know that my mom has some fairly close friends who are gay, she's backed me my entire life, once the time comes, I'll probably go to her first.

registerednerd said:
wow, this thread got hijacked rather quickly :lol: , but that's OK, it's a subject worth being clear over...
If you haven't already, it's easiest to start with friends, then work your way up to the family. I'm not sure what my parents will say once I come out to them, I know they disapprove of the idea, but I do know that my mom has some fairly close friends who are gay, she's backed me my entire life, once the time comes, I'll probably go to her first.
im guessing when you come out its never an easy thing so at least having a reason and a will to come out is my best advice. aka you found someone you like and start seeing them, theyre a reason to come out.

Sovieto said:
im guessing when you come out its never an easy thing so at least having a reason and a will to come out is my best advice. aka you found someone you like and start seeing them, theyre a reason to come out.
lol, come to think of it, I actually brought my last boyfriend home with me. We just passed each other off as "best friends" for our parents (I know of others who do the same thing as well). I'm not too horribly worried about it at this point for me, my time will come eventually, it's just not now.

Ohh ZeldA4LiFe is a good conversation starter.

I'm straight, but my best friend isn't. He told his parents in the airport after seeing his boyfriend in Sydney. I was there. I gotta say, I have never had more sympathy for someone.

He was in a similar situation to you in that he was sure his dad would shun him. He told me he thought he'd be kicked out of the house. That's why he told his mum first.

He tells her, then asks if it's okay that he's bi. She says "I'll have to think about it." This destroys him. He has to walk away, and he pulls me over to tell me what he did. We went out of sight, and he just burst into tears. I've only seen him cry twice - then, and when he had to leave his boyfriend in Sydney. It was sooooo sad.

I sorted him out, and he stopped crying. He said he'd leave home if they didn't "love him for who he is." We decided to meet up with the parents again. When we were going down the escalator to baggage reclaim, his mother was yelling out "It's alright!" at the base of the elevators. They were both in tears.

It was a fairly big deal, so his dad joined the dots. He was actually fine with it, moreso than the mother. He kept saying "you're only a teenager, you don't understand your feelings yet", but my friend made it perfectly clear that he knows for sure.

This all happened a couple of months ago. Now, everything is perfectly normal. As Celeste mentioned, he's still the same person, and his parents understand that.

I think you should just tell them. It's going to be hell for a day or two, but things will work out. :thumbsup:

Killer thread, Celeste.

Yeah extremly good idea.
You've helped a Zelda4Life out guys.

That really is Good to see.

Celeste! Your thread got overrun AND hijacked! :(

Alright then, lets get down to business...

Emma, do you like me?
Adam, what inspired your username?
Celeste, how tall are you?

MY GOD MAN, OF COURSE SHE DOES DAMNIT.

Loong story and I have to go to school, I'm subscribing now. ^_^

I think I heard the last one too. I'm predicting 5'4"...

Anthony, go ahead and rant, that's what the thread's for.

I definitely know the reasons behind my dreams...:rolleyes:

Back