The Biggest Connection Problem of All

hotscones

WiiChat Member
Dec 25, 2007
My PC runs on VISTA....

Officail USB Connector - INCONPATIBLE
Datel Wifi Max - Garbage on any system, even worse on VISTA (cannot change ANY settings whatsoever)

Someone, anyone, suggest a wifi port device i can use with my wii that meets the criteria:

1. Compatible with Windows VISTA
2. Not rediculously expensive, somewhere near the price of the official.
3. WORKS

If i annoyed anyone with this post i apoligise, irritation is not the purpose, this is a cry for help.

EDIT: Another option would be to assist me in getting WiFiMax to work, either by instruction or directiong me to instruction. My efforts at this have been in vain.

Last edited:
Aight, i was thinkin of the Linksys WRT54G due to the good reviews in the sticky.

Still open to suggestions tho.

Honestly, a WLAN router is your best bet. I have that router (version 5.0) and have not had a single problem that putting the Wii into the DMZ didn't fix.

I have a netgear router and have vista and xp and nds and x box and they all work okay.

I was thinkin more along the lines of an exact model name.

Thanks for your input tho.

Last edited:
if you actually CHECKED the nintendo website you will know that VERSION 1.06 is out and is COMPATABLE WITH VISTA....

I placed this same question in one of the other threads. It seems that the new software only works with the 32-bit Vista and not the 64-bit. Anyone get it to work with Vista 64-bit?

Clish said:
if you actually CHECKED the nintendo website you will know that VERSION 1.06 is out and is COMPATABLE WITH VISTA....

YES I DID

I got VISTA priemium, and like a23 said, it doesnt seem to be compatible

Tho, i suppose i could try reinstalling AGAIN, tho i doubt it will make a difference.

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with the Nintendo wifi hotline. 64-bit versions of XP and Vista are not compatible with the wifi connector. The newest version of software, 1.06, will only work with 32-bit versions of XP or Vista. Argh!!!!

a23freak said:
I just got off the phone with the Nintendo wifi hotline. 64-bit versions of XP and Vista are not compatible with the wifi connector. The newest version of software, 1.06, will only work with 32-bit versions of XP or Vista. Argh!!!!

Heh, i cant even get thru to them.

Anyway, ive spent the last few hours screwing around with my pc setting and the official nintendo usb connector, and i actually managed to get it installed. (2.5 hours trying to download version 1.06 alone, but apparently i got the 32bit)

But now, of course, i get an error message.

Error code: 106070
There is a problem with the WiiConnect24 service, please try again later.

And guess what? the online support doesnt recognise that code.

Can anyone help me with that?

EDIT: My DS connects like a charm, but not so my Wii.

Back