The Blue Blur dissapointing...

Wamoo

Hardcore SEGA Gamer
Dec 17, 2007
Wii Online Code
0817-8529-5418-1180
Sonic games are starting suck more and more each year (except M & S at the olympic games) I played Sonic & the secret rings, worst game ever. Horrible gameplay, bad (annoying) soundtrack,and crappy storyline.Its basically down right boring.What happened to the fun and original game concepts like sonic adventure battle, sonic heroes, and the original genesis version.Anyone else agree with me?

Probably because its got a linear style of play. Sonic was all about sprinting fast from one side to another while gathering rings. Atleast I think so...

I never actually liked Sonic, seemed like Sega's wannabe Mario. But I heard lately that these sonic games suck.

dont forget the ps3 and 360 snics. the wii one was better than those.

Last "new" sonic game i played was sonic heroes. I didnt like it at all. As to Pikachu's statement, i lovedthe DK64 game and the bongo ones sold multi-million copies. Is bongo blast any good though?

elmo_999 said:
Last "new" sonic game i played was sonic heroes. I didnt like it at all. As to Pikachu's statement, i lovedthe DK64 game and the bongo ones sold multi-million copies. Is bongo blast any good though?

Nintendo Power gave it a 6.0/10
I guess not

yeah i hated sonic and the secret rings. nothing about it was good or solid. the menus sucked, music sucked.

last good game was on genesis.

they should just make a 2D sonic where he has the homing attack and you use the wiimote on its side but to home in on enemies you shake the controller.

...Such a shame, they were actually good. They should just make a game like SA2B and make it longer, then that'll be enough to redeem themselves.

I've only really played the original Sonic, and I remember thinking it was cool at the time, but I don't think it would be very compelling now unless they added some more depth.

Im not gonna give up on sonic, he was the first Anti-Hero of gaming ( he didnt have a lame story line like saving a princess) he was a rebellious hedgehog who brought action to my sega. I bet if SEGA took some time and made a sonic game THAT WAS CLASSIC (NO STUPID JEANIES,NO ALIENS,AND IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT NO SHADOW) that allowed you to roam freely around creative enviroments (like Super Mario Galaxy) and a better soundtrack. I would be proud.

Oh yea and no lame tilt the wii remote constant running gameplay.What were you guys thinking SEGA?

Wamoo said:
Im not gonna give up on sonic, he was the first Anti-Hero of gaming

Saving cute little forest critters from an evil industrial genius counts as "Anti-Hero"?

I don't know about that, but what I do know is that I think I know where Sonic Team messed up.

Look at the icons of Nintendo gaming.

Mario.
Link.
Samus.

What do they all have in common?

They're mutes! Sonic was a mute once. A freaking awesome and crazy mute!

Anyone remember the Green Hill Zone remake in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle? They should make an entire game like that.

Last edited:
Back