Sonic and the Secret Rings, reviewed

Tails McCloud~ said:
Yes, however any review is redundant because you can get a bad review for a game, and YOU may still like it, Remamber Shadow the Hedgehog? It got a bad rating and I liked the game, a little weak, but it was fun nonetheless.

I not only did not hate that game, but thought it was one of the most horrible games I've played since The Simpsons Skateboarding. It was like an FU to all gamers, it looks good for a second but the camera and controls are worse than a game that came out in 99'. How can you go back in qaulity like that not on purpose?!

Sure maybe someone like you might like a game like that because you seem to be the ultimate Sonic fan, but for most people just no.

EDIT: Sorry I'm new to the double posting thing.

Last edited:
No not that, i thought it was a little dark, and mroe on the lame side myself, (especially multiplayer) but they seemed to incorporate the other Sonic chars with Controllable moves, but you couldnt use them, I bet if you could use all the chars. shown in the game, it would jump from like a 3/10 to a 7/10, really though, I was just going through it, and for a while I was gitting into it, Storyline had too many plott-holes in it, but it was fun to play, for a while.

I can't wait for this. I have $115 to Best Buy in gift cards, so this is the start of my spendings. XP Looks like it will be really good, and one of the first Wii games with some actual progressive visuals. Is it just me, or do these graphics actually look pseudo next-gen? The pics don't do it any justice, but the videos really do, at least on IGN.

Tails McCloud~ said:
No not that, i thought it was a little dark, and mroe on the lame side myself, (especially multiplayer) but they seemed to incorporate the other Sonic chars with Controllable moves, but you couldnt use them, I bet if you could use all the chars. shown in the game, it would jump from like a 3/10 to a 7/10, really though, I was just going through it, and for a while I was gitting into it, Storyline had too many plott-holes in it, but it was fun to play, for a while.

Maybe it could've been better, but it just wasn't. I honestly tried to find good in it, but just couldn't manage to with all of the flaws. As far as storyline goes I thought that would be the only reason to consider the game, lol.

I'm sure if Sonic wasn't attached to the title most Sonic fans would drop it like a baby....baby doll of course.

yes, I guess I am a little bit of a hardcore-Sonic-fan myself, but im so tired ofhearing that the 3D Sonic games sucked, almost all of em were GOOD

GOOD
Sonic adv. (DX)
Sonic Adv. 2 (Battle)
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Riders

BAD
Shadow The Hedgehog

Need I go on? Admit it, they were fun, but I have to say, the only reason I still play Sonic Adv. 2 Battle, is for the Chao Gardens...the play is fun, but I think the Chao Gardens are even more fun.

It came out today and I didnt geet to get it cuz I didnt know about the release date, I thought it was next week, on the 27th...=[...and now I cant get it cuz its all sold out here, in all the stores....=[....but in going to get it, no matter what...=]

Tails McCloud~ said:
It came out today and I didnt geet to get it cuz I didnt know about the release date, I thought it was next week, on the 27th...=[...and now I cant get it cuz its all sold out here, in all the stores....=[....but in going to get it, no matter what...=]
at least you have a wii...i have to buy one so i can play sonic!(and mario...but he is not as important...)NEED WII>>>wich will = wii60!

wow pretty good,lol i got the 360 version "Sonic The Hedgehog" Pretty good game needs time to get use to it,but you can play as Silver, Sonic,SHawdow,Tails,etc it got a bad rating though...lol 4 but this Sonic game for wii looks killer,i will buy another wii and get this along with mario party 8!

Sonic & the secret rings

hi my first post in months finally got me internet back-up is this game actually anygood? i want it to be soooooo bad its the nicest looking Wii game yet except for mario & metriod etc but if anyone has played it let me know!

Last edited:
I dunno, but ill tell you as soon as I get it, I need to wait till the weekend, cuz I gotta work and school the school, =[

Tails McCloud~ said:
yes, I guess I am a little bit of a hardcore-Sonic-fan myself, but im so tired ofhearing that the 3D Sonic games sucked, almost all of em were GOOD

GOOD
Sonic adv. (DX)
Sonic Adv. 2 (Battle)
Sonic Heroes
Sonic Riders

BAD
Shadow The Hedgehog

Need I go on? Admit it, they were fun, but I have to say, the only reason I still play Sonic Adv. 2 Battle, is for the Chao Gardens...the play is fun, but I think the Chao Gardens are even more fun.

haha, this sums up basically all sonic games
found it just for you tails mccloud

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/306762

the other one

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/276816

No ofense, but if you have'nt noticed:
the only reviewer on ign that actually ever respected sonic was the dreamcast reviewer...he gave a great sonic reviews
sonic adventure:8.6
sonic adventure 2:9.6
he should have made them the other way around.
All in all ign is great but they are definitely losing respect for sonic.
just look how the reviews have been going since the dream:
down
down
down
down
etc..
never trust reviewer with sonic...trust your instincs:
those should go as followed:
Sonic pwns no MATTER WHAT!
lol tails mcloud!:lol:

thanks for the link man!...=]
Yes Hybrid, I know...