The death of the English language.

bonodo said:
yea y cnt ppl just use propa english language it gets annoying wen ppl type lyk all txt speek

Keep up at the back the joke was done ages ago :yesnod:

chach said:
your going to tell me authors dont use editors? as long as i have my understanding of grammar and know when to use it i really couldnt give a **** about putting periods in my posts on some stupid wii forum. no one is gonna think more of me if i do or not its ridiculous..

I think we are getting a bit off topic here,sure punctuation is important but to me no where near as important as the need to get away from text typing in forums and other places where it is not necessary.
As someone else has said in this thread in chat rooms ,mobile phones its the only way but lets use the keyboard properly in the forums and type the words in full.

chach said:
why be worried about someones impression on you ?

i know who i am

You obviously do care or you wouldn't keep posting !

dakuda said:
Errors are different then blatant disregard for grammar rules. Errors I can live with. Everyone makes them. It is the whole "I don't give a crap" attitude that frustrates me.

You have hit the nail on the head there, i wish everyone shared your view.

If you use IE7 get ieSpell its free , i use it all the time and it even fixes punctuation errors :lol: - http://www.iespell.com/download.php

The_Loose_Cannon said:
either way i can see how a slow typer would type "fav" instead of "favorite"

I agree if its in a chat room but not in a forum post , speed is not important,we are not in a race to post so take your time and do it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
MaxPing said:
You have hit the nail on the head there, i wish everyone shared your view.

If you use IE7 get ieSpell its free , i use it all the time and it even fixes punctuation errors :lol: - http://www.iespell.com/download.php

Firefox also has a built-in spell checker. Right click in the field you are entering text, and check Spell check this field. Viola, instant spell checker.

Whoa dood
Use the edit button instead of postin four times

You have all the time in the world to type anything, even if you're in a chat room, your typing speed will eventually keep up.

But, God man, don't quadruple post and make the fourm untidy.

MaxPing said:
I agree if its in a chat room but not in a forum post , speed is not important,we are not in a race to post so take your time and do it right.

accuracy comes before speed when learning how to type. every typing teacher will tell you that your fingers belong on the home keys (left hand on asdf and right on jkl; thumbs on space bar) but you need to master that and where your fingers go before you can type as fast as i can or maybe even faster which is possible to do.

so when did i say that speed was important? given my minor in college (or trade schooling which gave me an associates degree- either way you want to look at it from any aspect i suppose) i said that i can type up to 150WMP. never did i say that it was acceptable to use speed and mess up left and right.

also, i dont really proof read here. i just type. sure i make mistakes because we all do but some are just barely noticeable (unless they are run on sentences- or over use/lack of commas)

ETA- max you cant double, tripple and quadruple post in a row- warning or youre slapped with a 2 day no posting ban. its a rule here

Originally Posted by dakuda
Errors are different then blatant disregard for grammar rules. Errors I can live with. Everyone makes them. It is the whole "I don't give a crap" attitude that frustrates me.

Yes spot on, i also can accept errors (to an extent) and it's purely down to the fact that there's so many younger teens on here who clearly have struggled to grasp the basics of the english language which is frustrating.

zachp18 said:
maxping, NEVER post like 5 times in a row again. You could get banned for shtuf like that.:yesnod:

OK thats 5 times Ive been told by different users , my excuse (though lame) is i didn't realise and on a lot of forums i use you only get a short time to edit, I would have run out of time before i got all the quotes in.

bonodo said:
who said 'twas a joke?

Sorry did i say a joke i must have been drunk as it was nothing like a joke, jokes are supposed to be funny and that didn't even come close! ;)

Last edited:
MaxPing said:
OK thats 5 times ive been told by different users , my excuse (though lame) is i didn't realise.

the only ones you should directly listen to about forum regulations and proceedures are myself and the administration. :) any further questions just visit the site feedback section or pm me (or any other current mod online)

its an honest mistake just be sure it doesn't happen again ;)

the only ones you should directly listen to about forum regulations and proceedures are myself and the administration. any further questions just visit the site feedback section or pm me (or any other current mod online)

O.K will do ;)

mushroomedmario said:
i couldn't care less if people talk like that, i tend not to but it's not like if someone uses the word fav, it's in my brain that fav=favourite

Could you try that again in English, i haven't a clue what you mean.

Last edited:
MaxPing said:
O.K will do ;)

Could you try that again in English, i haven't a clue what you mean.

he is explaning abbreviations

short hand and saving time while typing

i aint that bothered if web slang is getting used more, as long as i know what it means im ok

MaxPing said:
on a lot of forums i use you only get a short time to edit, I would have run out of time before i got all the quotes in.
Don't worry, you have all the time you need to edit. ;) (there's no deadline I believe)

Back