The Many Holidays of Every Day

Freedom for a day is better than no freedom at all.

You're mad but not at all beautiful, by the way.

March 28th

Today, we've got five holidays for me t' ramble about.

Black Forest Cake Day
Something on a Stick Day
Teachers' Day (Czech Republic)
Barnum & Bailey Day
Weed Appreciation Day

Black Forest Cake Day celebrates the delectable, delicious decadence that is schwarzwälderkirschtorte ;try 'n pronounce it aloud, I dare ya; in English, that's Black Forest cake. Though I'm somewhat impartial t' cherries, my tastebuds can damn-well make an exception for caek. The cake's name was received from it's southern-Germany origins in the Black Forest region, which is known for their high-quality cherries 'n cherry products (such as Kirsch, a double-distilled cherry brandy, which this cake is also made with). Since the cake contains two ingredients these region in Germany is known for, it's only natural the cake would acquire such a name.

Black Forest cake might've been consumed far back as the 16th century, albeit probably a shortcake-like dessert instead. Some sources claim that the modern version of the recipe was created in the early 1900s, but there's really no knowin'. Chefs of that era love t' make bold claims like that... occasionally an outright lie rather than exaggeration.

Also, here's some captain obvious quotation for ya: this caek is ****in' delicious. You do your tastebuds a 'Karp damn favor and find some authentic Black Forest gâteau; no low-quality bullshit, only the good stuff made proper with liquor 'n chocolate layers; ya won't regret it. I certainly didn't.

Something on a Stick Day celebrates the... uh, "brilliant invention" of eatin' food off a stick, by promotin' you to eat somethin' on a stick. I'm all for not usin' utensils, 'cause while I'm a man of refined table manners I damn-well eat everythin'; and I mean everythin'; with my hands when no one's around. But seriously. WHY THE **** IS FOOD ON A STICK SUCH A HUGE THING?! It's just a retarded excuse for Americans t' eat horrifically fattening, fried comestibles! People buy **** just 'cause it's on a stick, and I must say, it's dumb. Buy food 'cause it's unhealthy as it is palatable, not 'cause it's a kebab wannabe.

And on that note, I hold nothin' against a good kebab. Go on 'n eat one'a those t'day.

Teachers' Day celebrates (good) teachers, 'cause we're not yet at a point in time where robo-professors educate our youths t' not be completely useless. And let's be honest, those cool teachers who are both good at their profession and ain't a bunch'a assholes certainly do deserve some praise. They put up with snotty lil' shits daily 'n get **** pay in return. I've never known one'a these mythical "cool teachers", but if I did, I'd find said employee 'n give 'em a pat on the back for doin' their job well.

Teachers' Day is celebrated in a good few countries on various dates, 'n today in specific the Czechs celebrate it. Pretty sure I might'a covered a Teachers' Day last year as well. Ah, and by the way, America's educational system sucks. Just wanted t' mention that.

Barnum & Bailey Day... uh ... ... ... I don't ****in' know. Google tells me nothin'. ._.; Obviously it has somethin' to do with the Barnum & Bailey Circus, but there's literally nothin' I've found on this day. Must be unofficial as all hell...

Weed Appreciation Day is not in April, mind you, as this day is meant for the THC-lacking plants; y'know, actual weeds. Like garden weeds. And let me tell ya, FUCK WEEDS! D:< I worked in a Greenhouse for a few years in the Big Apple, 'n let me tell ya, if weeds somehow found their way into the boss' dirt, she'd be reelin' with anger. And whoever was workin' those days ended up weedin'.

... I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate weedin'.

With that said, this Holiday ain't as bad as removin' weeds. In fact, it's a good holiday. I say this 'cause; speakin' from experience here; unless you're destroyin' all your unwanted greenery by-hand, you're throwin' chemicals int' the ground. That ain't good for a plethora of things, be it organisms both plant and animal, ground water and even your own damn lawn. People who strive for weed-less property at any cost, 'specially usin' chemical weed-killers, are often prideful bigots who follow social norms without question, beaming over their bleached terrace of borin' ol' grass.

There's simply no reason to hate all weeds. Many weeds ain't even ugly or nothin'. Striking 'em from a flower bed (I repeat, by hand only) is acceptable practice, but destroyin' fields of weeds for no reason? Imbecilic. If you're one'a those people who've unquestioningly hated weeds, ask yourself: the hell's so bad 'bout 'em? Are all weeds poisonous t' farm animals? No. Are all weeds destructive to other plant-life? No. Stop hatin' the weeds. All plants deserve freedom and equality blahblahblah.

... ... ... I sincerely wonder why in 'Karp's name am I so passionate 'bout this.

So, what're y'all's favorite cake? There's no way I could at all narrow down my own list'a favorites, as I've eaten a wide variety'a fine caek in my time. Half of which I don't remember... Schwarzwälderkirschtorte wouldn't actually be high up there despite the fact it's a mighty fine dessert. As I mentioned, I'm not a big fan of cherries.

Weeds snuff the life out of other plants. I am not too picky about them but when ones with thorns appear, I will burn them.

I dislike cake. Instead, I have birthday pies.

Bloody 'Karp, here we go again... :lol:

MR is on the tea 'n pie team. Who's on the side of cake like I am?

You're getting married, and therefore lose everythin' by default.

blehhhhhhh marriage

... Says the mod with a Marth avatar.

Truth be told, my hatred for weddings is shallow. The day I actually attend one will likely change my mind. Y'know, what with all the tables covered in decadent foodstuffs.

Truth be told, my hatred for weddings is shallow. The day I actually attend one will likely change my mind. Y'know, what with all the tables covered in decadent foodstuffs.
Marriage is cute.

When it works, at least. And when the two parties actually agree to it, which I think was quite the problem back in the day.

Regarding the cake vs pie thing, it really depends on what kind of cake/pie it is. I prefer some cakes over some pies, and vice versa.

Arranged marriages tend to ironically be more successful than others.
That doesn't surprise me, but I still don't like it. I also don't like impulsive marriage.

I disrespect my dad for having two failed marriages, admittedly.

Last edited:
Back