The most Oblivion-like Wii experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nookslave

WiiChat Member
Oct 10, 2007
Okay, so I just got back from a friends house and we stayed up all night playing Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. Wow, it's fun. Stat building, such customization,first person fighting, and more quests than plastic surgeries on Michael Jackson! So, my question is, is there any Wii game that is like this in any way? The Dragon Quest one looks like Oblivion, but I'm not sure about sidequests and things. I have and love Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance, but they just didn't have that first person push!

Are there any games like Oblivion on the Wii or any scheduled to be like it? Thanks!

Nookslave said:
Okay, so I just got back from a friends house and we stayed up all night playing Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. Wow, it's fun. Stat building, such customization,first person fighting, and more quests than plastic surgeries on Michael Jackson! So, my question is, is there any Wii game that is like this in any way? The Dragon Quest one looks like Oblivion, but I'm not sure about sidequests and things. I have and love Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance, but they just didn't have that first person push!

Are there any games like Oblivion on the Wii or any scheduled to be like it? Thanks!

Dragon quest swords is on rails, you just wave at screen.

Nookslave said:

Not sure about for Wii, but I love this game!!!

I have managed to rack up over 200 hours on it, and am leader of every guild, including the Knights of Nine.

The last mission of the Thieves Guild is amazing! You get to steal the Elder Scrolls!

I'm now working my way through the Shivering Isles expansion, and it's awesome :yesnod:

FRuMMaGe said:
Not sure about for Wii, but I love this game!!!

I have managed to rack up over 200 hours on it, and am leader of every guild, including the Knights of Nine.

The last mission of the Thieves Guild is amazing! You get to steal the Elder Scrolls!

I'm now working my way through the Shivering Isles expansion, and it's awesome :yesnod:

:shocked: Your not helping! Is there ANYTHING like Oblivion on the Gamecube or Wii? Or DS? Someone! Help!

nic7 said:
You may have to buy a 360/PS3 if you want to play an oblivion like game.

There really is nothing announced or released so far that rivals Oblivion on Wii. You'll just have to wait.

List of Wii games

New RPG on Next Nintendo Power cover. Maybe the new RPG will be more to your liking.

Hopefully :scared: Are there any sidequests or upgradeable weapons and things in Dragon Quest Swords does anyone know?

No more heroes might offer an experience to you.

Yeah, I was thinking No More Heroes and Okami might have a close "feel" to Oblivion. But, that's all I could think of.

FRuMMaGe said:
Good point

Although there isn't really any customization in it.

Different cloths, swords, shields?

Very very very limited...but it's there.

Zelda is the closest thing to Oblivion, but its still almost nothing like it. The biggest difference is Zelda is an adventure and Oblivion is a pure RPG. If you dont know the difference then go do some research.

nic7 said:
*Figured that OP had already considered or purchased Zelda*

Lies and slander:lol:

Not a true giant free roaming rpg planned for wii, oblivion type games are very rare.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Lies and slander:lol:

Not a true giant free roaming rpg planned for wii, oblivion type games are very rare.
Yay for Futurama!

I use the "Lies and Slander" line alot actually. I love it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back