The Muse Thread

Cpt.McCloud said:
Knights > all apart from hives.
KOC is not that great (compared to Muse's other works; in itself, it's a great song, but it holds no comparison to any of the other songs I put in my "Favorite Song By Muse" list in the Muse Thread).

ssbb_lover said:
KOC is not that great (compared to Muse's other works; in itself, it's a great song, but it holds no comparison to any of the other songs I put in my "Favorite Song By Muse" list in the Muse Thread).

Your taste phails dramatically. I mean come on Snooker > Tennis.

I personally love KOC

Cpt.McCloud said:
Your taste phails dramatically. I mean come on Snooker > Tennis.

I personally love KOC

Knights of Cyndonia is nothing compared to everything else. Time is Running Out, Hysteria and Plug in Baby are a thousand times better.

My aunty has signed CD's somewhere, all she brought me back was a t-shirt, ahah.

M@gicM@rk said:
Awesome, this thread is getting some love! :3

That's a big list, Tyler... though well justified. d:
I find it hard just to pick a favorite album!

My current Muse playist:

• Plug In Baby
  • Hysteria
  • Stockholm Syndrome
  • Time Is Running Out
  • Take a Bow
  • Supermassive Black Hole
  • Assassin
  • City of Delusion
  • Butterflies & Hurricanes
  • Blackout
  • Muscle Museum
  • Sober
  • New Born
  • Knights of Cydonia

That is pretty outstanding. Muse became one of my favorite bands several years back after someone on a forum recommended them for fans of Radiohead. Though I think they've created their own, very unique variant of the alt-guitar-synth-layered-Radiohead-ish sound.

I've passed on the recommendation to friends and they've all been happy I did - pretty much near-instant fans. Origin of Symmetry is likely in my Top 20 of all time. :yesnod:

[DT] said:
That is pretty outstanding. Muse became one of my favorite bands several years back after someone on a forum recommended them for fans of Radiohead. Though I think they've created their own, very unique variant of the alt-guitar-synth-layered-Radiohead-ish sound.

I've passed on the recommendation to friends and they've all been happy I did - pretty much near-instant fans. Origin of Symmetry is likely in my Top 20 of all time. :yesnod:
OoS is definitely an incredible album. I also think their 1st album, Showbiz is incredible just because of the fact it was there 1st...and even though their sound has stayed mostly the same, you can hear how the band has matured. Absolution is crazy awesome too.

On the topic of similarities between Radiohead and Muse, I really don't understand it. The only characteristics I find similar is that both bands use falsetto vocalists. The guitar and drums both sound way different to me. While Muse is ready to rock out and go wild, Radiohead stays very conservative and soft. Also, even though both singers use the same style, their voices still sound totally different to me.

Back