The new way of using your Wiimote

Lobster, if the subject is a waste of time, then your wasting even more time by typing that useless post.

Also, many people seem to have not read the part about how you can control the whole of your house using a system (Dosen't have to be with the Wiimote).
You can turn lights on/off, start the sprinkler system (not in melbourne, Australia.... We need that water >_>). Turn the TV on.... even make macros!

tsowaiman said:
Wiimote is usin infra-red, not bluetooth. It is not possible to connect wiimote to your computer by bluetooth.
Then How come I can pair my wii mote to my PC and tranfer miis I download to my wiimote over bluetooth.

Wiimotes use both Bluetooth AND Infrared.

Bluetooth is for sending information from the Wiimote, and that is anything and everything. Without Bluetooth, your Wii wouldn't even know your Wiimote existed.

IR is used for accurate pointing on your TV. It isn't needed (Wiimotes have accelerometers, which could, and in the case of PC's, is, used for pointing instead of IR). IR is more reliable and FAR more accurate than the accelerometers however, which is why it is used. But when you don't really have access to a sensor bar (say, your PC), the accelerometers do suffice, though it's pretty slow and not as accurate. It detects acceleration, not where you're actually pointing the Wiimote. So if you took the batteries out of your Wiimote, pointed somewhere on your screen, and put the batteries back in, only IR would be able to figure out (accurately) where the Wiimote was pointing.

Phew. That's a lot of typing for the "Quick Reply" box, now isn't it?

I think some people are missing the point that the Wiimote has TWO methods of sensing it's "location".

1. The Infrared receivers in the front tip of the remote. These are what the Wii uses for moving the pointing-hand around on the screen and the aiming of things like bows, slings and guns. This requires ANY infrared source in a pattern similar to the Wii's "sensor bar" which is really just a projector.

2. The Motion Sensors in the remote. My guess is they are small accelerometers. Those CAN be interpreted just like responses of a mouse. X-Y-Z axis movements.

While Bluetooth is usually simply used for bi-directional communication, it CAN be used for determining position change of a "client" relative to a "host". Just like doppler rangers. I've seen this done in commercial applications, but not with home use devices. Maybe the Wii does this too.

Tighr: Think of this. If the Wiimote ONLY used the Ir for it's positiioning, explain how Excite truck utilizes the remote for controlling the trucks.

I would also like to suggest that before people state what they think is a fact, that they take a few minutes to test their theory. The many people believing the Wiimote is only Ir based could have simply read the manual or if they have a Wii, disconnected the sensor bar and tried the remote. I'm beginning to think that much of what people are spouting as fact here is simply ignorance because they don't even have a Wii and don't have a clue what they're talking about.

My point is- If you don't have proof, keep don't say/type anything and save us the wasted time of drilling through the garbage.

P.S. I have a Wii and I know for a tested fact that it uses BOTH Ir and Motion Sense (one for some things and another for others).

My suggestion: just leave the thread alone. We had 1 idiot who posted something ridiculous and the topic spiraled into the same repetitive posts time after time after time.

Might I remind you all that we are supposed to be talking about using the Wii Remote to control lights, appliances, etc.

I use my Wii mote to control my body functions, I'm part robot though and have bluetooth accessability :cornut:

Kryptenx said:
we are supposed to be talking about using the Wii Remote to control lights, appliances, etc.

thank you, finally someone listens, and yeah that kinda was the point of this thred.

Im thinking that ill buy the stuff needed, for around $30. Not much... an added bonus is scaring your sister at night by making all the lights go on and off ^^;

That would be awesome, and also making your neighbor's garage door open and close with the B trigger. No possible but it could have many possibilities :devil:

Back on subject, lol @
match002001 said:
That would be awesome, and also making your neighbor's garage door open and close with the B trigger. No possible but it could have many possibilities

lol, very nice idea. Imagine the possabilitys *drools*.... You could turn the darn PS2 of Singstar off that your neighbour has had on all night x_X

Last edited:
Dougamer said:
lol, very nice idea. Imagine the possabilitys *drools*.... You could turn the darn PS2 of Singstar off that your neighbour has had on all night x_X

Not to spoil y'alls fun or anything, but you do realize that in order for anything to be controlled by the Wiimote, it would first have to be controlled by the PC, as well? There is a lot of planning involved with setting up electronics in your house to be controlled by a PC. I don't see why the addition of a Wii Remote suddenly makes the idea any more attractive, or else we would have been discussing the idea before it was discovered wiimotes can join with computers.

tighr said:
Not to spoil y'alls fun or anything, but you do realize that in order for anything to be controlled by the Wiimote, it would first have to be controlled by the PC, as well? There is a lot of planning involved with setting up electronics in your house to be controlled by a PC. I don't see why the addition of a Wii Remote suddenly makes the idea any more attractive, or else we would have been discussing the idea before it was discovered wiimotes can join with computers.

Well I can see what you're saying but in order to connect bluetooth device to bluetooth device, they would need to be compatible with eachother.

So the real question is, how do you make sure that they can connect to eachother?

*EDITED*
By the way I hate Singstar with a passion and I hope it dies a horrible painful death, like death by anal ripping and salt application to dehydrate you.... just a thought

Last edited:
match002001 said:
*EDITED*
By the way I hate Singstar with a passion and I hope it dies a horrible painful death, like death by anal ripping and salt application to dehydrate you.... just a thought

hmm, a nice thought at that. And in answer to the other remark:

Yes, it may need to have a few $$ put into it... Bt the Wiimote makes the idea even more exciting.

Back