** The Official " I got My WII Thread"***

I got my Wii and am very satisfied with it. I've had a chance to play some Tennis and Baseball, tennis is really fun...baseball is ok, but a bit boring.

Well, I scoped out Bestbuy last night and saw about 15 people camped out. Literally, they had tents, chairs, mink blankets, the works. Well, that scared me and my friends, so we figured we'd head out in the morning about 4am, see how the line was and join it and all. Well, we got busy playing games and didn't make it out of the house til about 6:30 am. Got down to Bestbuy, and there were only about 10 more people in line. So about 25 or so total. The whole parkign lot was full though, which kinda scared us at first. But, we jumped out of the car, reserved our spot in line, and proceeded to wait about 3 hours for the store to open.

It was freezing cold, lol, so it wasn't a comfy wait, to say the least. But, at about 8:30 am, they started letting people in 5ish at a time to get their system, any games and accessories, and check out. Come to find out, our Bestbuy had quite a few Wii's. Enough, in fact, that there was no point in camping out, or waiting a couple hours, at all. I could probably walk back into the store now and pick up another system, they had that many. They were running out of games pretty quick though, ironically. Luckily I scored Zelda (of course), Redsteel and Trauma Center, which were about the only games I was interested in at the time.

Went home, plugged it all in... then turned it on. I love to test everything out about a new system. So the first thing I did was play with the settings. =P Got my wireless connection up, updated the Wii a couple times, lol, then changed all the settings. I must say, I absolutely love the user interface they have for the Wii. I'm also digging this Channels system, in which if you go to the Wii Store Channel, you can see what new channels they have planned and all, and buy/download them, etc.. all in time, that is. Seems the internet browser channel is coming soon. That should be neat.

Anyways, I was of course curious about the Mii thingies, so I hit that up, and then spent about 10 minutes creating a little Mii that as closely as could, resembled me. Was fun =P Read a bit about the Mii's, and how they work and all. Pretty neat, storing them in your controller, so you can have them on friend's systems and all. Thought that was cool, and how they plug into some games and all.

After surfing all the channels and playing with all the settings, I wanted to give the controller it's nice test out in functionality. So I threw in Wii Sports, and gave Bowling a go. Then Baseball.... that was enough to get me used to the controls, and I must say, I was getting into Baseball. Batting is quiet real, the motions and all. The Pitching left much to be desired, lol. I didn't play anymore sports, I wanted to play a game now.

I threw in Zelda, watched the intro, read all the beginning stuff, etc.. etc.. then messed around. I have to say, so far, just from this little experience, I am loving the control system. I love the Nunchucks, the Wiimote, and everything. Everything about this system thusfar has been a great joy to play with. I love the interfaces, graphics, control system, and even speed of the system. I have seen no type of defects or anything of the like so far. And after playing the Wii... other game systems are going to seem a bit boring, if you ask me. =P

I was skeptical about the remote and Nunchuck controllers, but after giving it a go, I fell in love. =) Wasn't awkward nor hard to get used to at all. It's much like using a TV remote, then adding in the spice of coolness with the Nunchucks, and wa-la, insta-pwnage controller system.

Now... since the excitement of getting the Wii, playing it and all, is now over, I must admit I am exhausted. So I am off to sleep.. then I'ma get up, and delve into the world of Zelda, and see where that takes me.

I wish you all good luck on getting your Wiis, and hope you love it as much I do mine. =)

Oh yeah! There's about 10 or so games available to download/buy on the Wii Store Channel. Some classics, etc... I'm really hoping they get busy on that and start getting more and more titles up there, so I have an excuse to go out and buy Wii Points to download games. =P That has the potential to be huge.

Peace guys, and take care all,
~Nick

Nikolis said:
Well, I scoped out Bestbuy last night and saw about 15 people camped out. Literally, they had tents, chairs, mink blankets, the works. Well, that scared me and my friends, so we figured we'd head out in the morning about 4am, see how the line was and join it and all. Well, we got busy playing games and didn't make it out of the house til about 6:30 am. Got down to Bestbuy, and there were only about 10 more people in line. So about 25 or so total. The whole parkign lot was full though, which kinda scared us at first. But, we jumped out of the car, reserved our spot in line, and proceeded to wait about 3 hours for the store to open.

It was freezing cold, lol, so it wasn't a comfy wait, to say the least. But, at about 8:30 am, they started letting people in 5ish at a time to get their system, any games and accessories, and check out. Come to find out, our Bestbuy had quite a few Wii's. Enough, in fact, that there was no point in camping out, or waiting a couple hours, at all. I could probably walk back into the store now and pick up another system, they had that many. They were running out of games pretty quick though, ironically. Luckily I scored Zelda (of course), Redsteel and Trauma Center, which were about the only games I was interested in at the time.

Went home, plugged it all in... then turned it on. I love to test everything out about a new system. So the first thing I did was play with the settings. =P Got my wireless connection up, updated the Wii a couple times, lol, then changed all the settings. I must say, I absolutely love the user interface they have for the Wii. I'm also digging this Channels system, in which if you go to the Wii Store Channel, you can see what new channels they have planned and all, and buy/download them, etc.. all in time, that is. Seems the internet browser channel is coming soon. That should be neat.

Anyways, I was of course curious about the Mii thingies, so I hit that up, and then spent about 10 minutes creating a little Mii that as closely as could, resembled me. Was fun =P Read a bit about the Mii's, and how they work and all. Pretty neat, storing them in your controller, so you can have them on friend's systems and all. Thought that was cool, and how they plug into some games and all.

After surfing all the channels and playing with all the settings, I wanted to give the controller it's nice test out in functionality. So I threw in Wii Sports, and gave Bowling a go. Then Baseball.... that was enough to get me used to the controls, and I must say, I was getting into Baseball. Batting is quiet real, the motions and all. The Pitching left much to be desired, lol. I didn't play anymore sports, I wanted to play a game now.

I threw in Zelda, watched the intro, read all the beginning stuff, etc.. etc.. then messed around. I have to say, so far, just from this little experience, I am loving the control system. I love the Nunchucks, the Wiimote, and everything. Everything about this system thusfar has been a great joy to play with. I love the interfaces, graphics, control system, and even speed of the system. I have seen no type of defects or anything of the like so far. And after playing the Wii... other game systems are going to seem a bit boring, if you ask me. =P

I was skeptical about the remote and Nunchuck controllers, but after giving it a go, I fell in love. =) Wasn't awkward nor hard to get used to at all. It's much like using a TV remote, then adding in the spice of coolness with the Nunchucks, and wa-la, insta-pwnage controller system.

Now... since the excitement of getting the Wii, playing it and all, is now over, I must admit I am exhausted. So I am off to sleep.. then I'ma get up, and delve into the world of Zelda, and see where that takes me.

I wish you all good luck on getting your Wiis, and hope you love it as much I do mine. =)

Oh yeah! There's about 10 or so games available to download/buy on the Wii Store Channel. Some classics, etc... I'm really hoping they get busy on that and start getting more and more titles up there, so I have an excuse to go out and buy Wii Points to download games. =P That has the potential to be huge.

Peace guys, and take care all,
~Nick

your description makes me want to get a wii!!

I camped out from 12am until 6am when they handed out vouchers at my local Target. BTW, whoever posted that info about Target Wii allocation was 100% RIGHT ON THE MONEY! Thank you! They had 120 units, I was number 71! Oh man, I haven't even slept yet. This thing is seriously amazing. Not to mention it had the exact effect I knew it would on my family. I hooked it up to the 57" HDTV we have in the living room as they watched me make my Mii then play some Wiisports. Imideatly my brother goes, let me try man. Then out of nowhere my Mom's like let me get in on this. And she plays a round of baseball. It truly was a magical moment. I have yet to show Golf to my Dad... which I gurantee he will be amazed. I got Zelda and Madden 07 with it. I haven't even touched Zelda yet as I want to be fresh and ready with a full day off to begin (a.k.a. tomorrow morning). Madden is insane. I HATED Madden for the other consoles... clunky controls to remember, so unintuitive. Then, before I went to go camp I was reading reviews and watching people play the games on gamespot, IGN, etc etc. Madden absolluutely blew me away with the amazing controls on the Wii. You literally throw the ball, you have to throw your hands up to help catch it, the defensive controls are amazing. You poke out to the rtight or left to give a stiff arm. AMAZING! Needless to say there is a few kinks that need to be worked out. The sensor bar is alittle touchy at times but by NO means is it broken or unplayable. You just need to be positioned correctly to get the BEST out of it is all. A firmware tweak will most definitely tighten that up. Oh, and beware, when you first connect your Wii to the internet, it starts downloading updates. And they take awhile, so make sure you do that AFTER you've tried out some games and such. The virtual console is great. Very simplistic interface, easy to navigate, easy to buy points. My brother and I downloaded Altered Beast! Such good memories we had when playing it. People worried about graphics... sure the Wii falls short there... but by no means is it dissapointing. You get so submerged into the unique controls and gameplay that you really don't mind. Regardless, they will improve with time just like any console in the history of gaming. I have to admit that the Wii met my expectations and surpassed them all by playing just Wiisports! Let me tell you ladies and gents, the Wii isn't a gimmick or an hyped idea, it's what the gaming industry needed. All you people on the fence about buying the Wii, fall off onto the Wii side. It's amazing. And to close this long ass post off, let me just say that when my brother played, he loved it so much that he actually bought one for himself.

got a wii
went to 5 different stores
found one with 1 wiimote left on the second store
no second nunchuk could be found
target had like 7 wiimotes and no nunchuks

=[

Nikolis and ABC, you guys make me a sad panda.

Because I'm probably not getting one for three to four weeks, give or take ;-;
That just includes getting the system ALONE.

I got a wii and LOZ:TTP. Its beautiful, and sooooo much fun. I got it like exactly 12 midnight. Pictures to go up later......

Back