The Solution For Sharing Error For The USB Connector!

flight1991

STOP IT!
Sep 1, 2007
Wii Online Code
6396-1679-5264-9815
ive been working weeks,... WEEKS on how to get past the sharing error about 75% through the installnation or so. here is how I fixed it......

1-Start
2-Control Pannel
3-Network & Internet
4-Network & Sharing Center
5-Pick your internet connection and Press "View Status"
6-Properties
7- Now you should have 2 tabs on the top of the properties window. Networking , Sharing, Pick Sharing
8-Once here pick Settings & another window will pop up.
9-Now you should have a window with "services" at the top, if so, you are doing everything right so far.
10- Cheak everything (EVERYTHING) & press "OK"

Note: you have to have the latest verson of the WiFi Connection, can be downloaded from Nintendo.com, vrs 1.06 i think.
Also make sure that the prevous verson of the Connector is compleatly unstalled ( that was my problem) to know if it is, plug in the connector to a USB port, the computer should not reconize it, if the computer do, then it is not compleatly unstalled, go to Start/Control Pannel/Add Remove Programs, and unstall it from there.

If you still have any questions about this, feel free to comment here or send me a PM. chances are between me and my friend we can figure it out for you.

Thanks to all the people who helped me in figuring out what to do:cool:

wow thanks alot!!!!!!!!!!!!1
ur the bestttttttttttttttttttttt

hi flight 1991,
ive been trying to get online with the usb dongle for a week and been trawling the net for 'internet connection sharing error 6' solutions but to no avail :mad5: :mad5:

i came across your post & although i think it relates to vista ive changed what i think are the equvilant settings on my xp machine but........im still getting the same error :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5: :mad5:

any ideas??

ps. i had uninstalled the dongle through device manager, but as you said when i plugged it in windows automatically detected it......so maybe it wasnt uninstalled propoerly.....but its not in my list of programs & i cant see it when i go to control panel>add remove programs.

I had the sharing error 6 problem, which i have now fixed,
all i did was go into the properties of the internet connection I was using, on the advanced menu, tick the box that says allow other network users, and in the drop down menu select the number of the wired connection the nintendo wifi connector was using and it connected perfectly after that.
hope this helps

Back