The testimony of a nerd: How's this for a "life"

That was beautiful! And I agree 100 percent, nerds are misunderstood. Funny thing is that in skool they may look like losers, but once high skool is over and everyone gets a career...they will be YOUR BOSS! THEY pretty much run **** after skool! :)

NateTheGreat said:
Even having said that, I know they are more complex than that. For example, something that totally shocked me in this past year of school was how many guys I would normally call jerk jocks, were really intelligent! The guy I sat next to in Biology was a wrestler, yet he could retain and knew soo much about each subject we went over, I was sometimes copying off him (mainly because he worked so amazingly fast, where I usually take my time so I don't make a mistake)! Another strange breed of person are that of the republican stoner. These guys in my English class were all about the 70s, reading things like Bob Dylan's Biography, turning me on to bands like Jefferson Airplane, and constantly wispering about getting a new stash, yet they like Bush, are religious and war hawks!?
~Marisa~ said:
Exactly! Us nerds have so much to us. We're intricately weaved and, regardless of societys belief that we're all anti-social and weird, we all have such amazing personalities. That's totally the point I was trying to get across. We may have things in common, like the love of games, movies and comics/magazines etc...but we all have our own beliefs, group of friends, and goals in life. We are all just as capable as partying or becoming a world dominator Muhahaha...*Ahem* Yeah...anyways....

It's amazing how people can suprise you. I.E., you may think a "slutty" stuck up girl in your school is a ***** and then get to know her and loe and behold she's a virgin with a strong sense of values and does charity work on the side. It all proves that people aren't as they appear to be and just because we're "nerds" does not mean we're creatures foreign to the idea of a "life"....
SPOT ON GUYS. I mean i'm a 14 yr. old tennis player who's best subject is math, usually ppl who r good at math r naturally called nerds, but if u really look deeply into them u see a whole different side to them. Besides being a tennis-pro in training and a "math guy" I also like video games, movies, I play the drums, and am in love w/ all styles of rock and have been so for yrs. now, normal stuff.

Though it may be impossible in most places of the world, we should at least try in school to keep a classless-society as much as we can. Though there will always be those one or two groups that won't follow along(popular kids, bullies, etc.)

Back