The World Asunder

Ansa listened in shocked silence to the announcement.

"Can't guarantee... the safety? What are they, mobsters? This is all wrong!"

Everything about the announcement was flashing big, red warning signals in Ansa's brain. The Kingdom Guard aren't a group of bullies or villains, they're dedicated to protecting the people! There's no way the High Officers approved this!
As a matter of fact, pretty much everything that night had been completely off. The Splinter incursion, the strange rune, that boy who had attempted to defend it, and now the sudden extreme aggression from the Kingdom Guard...
Ansa's train of thought was interrupted by commotion outside of the tent. Peering out, she saw that the previously celebrating Lower Avalonian citizens looked pale and stricken. Two young, soot-flecked men were struggling against a pair of dwarves, brothers by the looks of them, who were holding them back from entering the tent.
"We gotta take it!" said one of the young men, twisting his head around to look down at the redheaded, stout dwarf holding him back. "My whole family's still down there! You heard the broadcast! Those bastards'll kill 'em!"

"No, they ain't mobsters, that wasn't a threat to kill all of Lower Avalon. That would be fuсking insane. They're just saying they won't protect us from splinters anymore. Which they weren't doing too hot a job of in the first place. Where are the police grounds?"

"Lower Avalon," said Harkaras. "About half an hour from here on foot if we hurry."

"Alright, then let's--"

Kai noticed two young men struggling toward the canvas overhang.

"Gods and fuсking spirits, what now? Let me just deal with this real quick."

Kai went out into the park and fired two shots into the air to get everyone's attention before holstering his pistol.

"Hey everyone! Cool your fuсking tits! There is literally nothing alarming about this message, let's just all take a moment and think about it, huh? I mean, what'd it tell us? The Kingdom Guard wants to kill me and take this mask. Fine! I mean, we knew that right? That was already on the table? Yeah? We declared war on them, obviously they're gonna declare war back. Only difference is now they're offering what was it, a hundred grand for it? Well you all knew you could get that and more if you sold me out and you didn't, so we're fine there, right?

Then they said, what, they 'can't guarantee our safety' if we don't surrender? Well no fuсking bollocks they can't! They ain't been able to protect Lower Avalon proper for years, now they're threatening to stop trying? That's a shіt fuсking threat! I mean unless they meant they're gonna go through and just mow down Lower Avalon, but that's literally insane. When Dug Harlan declared a revolution did they respond by just killing everyone? No, because that's crazy! And yeah sure, they hanged him, but again, we knew that already!

Now I got an APF captain back here who says this don't sound like it's even got proper authorization behind it from the Kingdom Guard, so here's what I'm thinking, let me know what you guys wanna do. We got forty minutes till they 'stop protecting us' or whatever. Let's wait it out for a little bit and make sure this is legit. Then if it is, well, they want this mask so bad I say they can have a fuсking taste! If there's no kind of override or whatever in ten minutes, fine, we go down to the police grounds. Thoughts?"

Last edited:
The train stopped at it's destination, a small village in the very outskirts of Lokasen. Karigen exited the train and took in a breath of the clean air.

I haven't had a breath of proper, fresh air since that little trip to Miriel in the orphanage. It's good to empty my lungs of that seithr stricken rat pit back home...

Despite Lokasen being poisoned by the massive amounts of Seithr the outskirts near the borders between King Andrigar's territory and the other kingdoms of Aravad the outskirts had been untainted by it. There was still a high concentration of Seithr but it was enough to help the land prosper rather then harm it, the crops grew quickly and was renowned as some of the best in Aravad, the farmers also believed that a true love for farming helped the fruits to grow faster, larger and riper however this was all rubbish but it did keep the farmers doing their best and if they didn't get the best of the year they put more time and effort into the farmlands.

Karigen began walking down a dirt path, the place seemed old, as if they didn't rely on the more modern technologies. They still used things such as electricity and seithr powered contraptions but most preferred to do labour work, there was a perfect balance between nature and technology. There was a sign by the entrance of the small village, it was quite a walk but nothing a Kapshen couldn't handle.

"Welcome to Dunerial. Huh..." He read out as a voice called out to him. A woman that looked in her mid 40's was waving to him, she was wearing a long one-piece dress that one would see in older times.

"Hello there!" He shouted back, as he hadn't heard what she had said earlier. She walked up to him and welcomed him to the small village, saying that they hadn't had lizard folk visit them in quite some time and asked if he wanted shown around, he simply nodded, taken aback by the friendliness of a random stranger he had met on the street. She showed him all across the entire village and even pointed out an unoccupied hut for possible use. After showing him around the village she asked if he had any questions.

"Uhh...yeah, what's with the old pieces of tech? There's been a couple mills you pointed out to me where we used more modern buildings to do the same job that required less effort and less men. I uhh...not to offend or anything..." He asked nervously

"Oh don't worry about it, most of the folks here believe that the seithr has blessed these lands compared to the main body of Lokasen which seems to have problems with too much seithr. They suffered from that because of a backfire of their seithr machines and it poisoned the lands! So we mainly stick to electricity here even if it's an inferior source of power and the older mills keeps the folks in working jobs and they've served us well so far, why change what isn't broken? Right?" She said enthusiastically, Karigen couldn't tell if it was genuine or a fake mask to make him feel comfortable about the whole situation since he wasn't making much conversation, she seemed to have a whole ton to say though.

"Anyway boy, you'll fit in just fine despite the fact your one of them city folks. I believe Barbas by "The Traders Inn" was looking for someone with a keen eye and some smarts to help him with some stuff so why don't ya go say hi to him! Oh! I almost forgot and apologies son, my names Gyldr, I was too worked up about meetin' somebody new I forgot to introduce myself! Hahaha!"

"That's fine, I'm Karigen Granger, thanks for the welcoming introduction." They said their farewells, Karigen less enthusiastic then he had been five minutes ago. He headed to The Traders Inn curious as to who this "Barbas" was, overall the village wasn't too large and he had the layout memorized for the most part. He'd need to see about nabbing that hut though after he checked the Inn out. Stealing here would be hard, very hard and the town was only run by one sheriff who knew everyone so if he was caught he'd be in for some trouble and from what he heard, when there was trouble the sheriff was very very harsh.

With a small sigh and pushing negative thoughts out of his mind, he pressed on to the Inn with the sun slowly rising behind him.

Citri walked up to the main entrance of Haven Park. A short, stocky officer was sitting on a stone smoking a cigarette. She approached him.

"Hiya, Citri Liquoric here, fellow member of the Kingdom Guard. Can I please have permission to enter?" she asked him

The officer briefly glanced up at her. "Mmm, Citri did you say?" he asked, taking one last whiff of the cigarette before flicking it on the ground. "I've heard mumbles of the Kingdom Guard's fabled lil' flesh warhead. But what business do you have here? I don't recall the high ups giving any order fo--"

The officer was cut off by the announcement on the Direct Emergency Broadcast system.

The man sat with his mouth open for a few moments, dumbfounded. "T-that can't be right! W-why would they...what the bloody hell is going on?!" said the officer. He tried contacting the Kingdom Guard base with his walkie talkie. "Hello!....Hello!? Pick up! Something's horribly wrong here! Why is nobody answering!?" After seeing that it wasn't going to work, he threw the walkie talkie to the ground, breaking it.

Citri didn't fully grasp the meaning the message at first, confused in particular by "WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SAFETY OF THE LOWER AVALON CITIZENS". However, once she understood what it probably meant, her eyes went wide.

"W-wha? No, they wouldn't, they simply wouldn't! I thought...I thought they were better than this..." Citri whimpered to herself, letting out a tear. This doubt in the Kingdom Guard quickly vanished, however. The Kingdom Guard was always right. Haha. There were never any exceptions. It was silly for her to doubt them even for a second. Doubt in the Kingdom Guard was doubt in the force that fights for the greater good. Whatever their reasons were, this was the right thing for them to do.

Granted, it was rather strange that they had not once contacted her during this plethora of chaotic events. Wouldn't her firepower have been useful? Ah well, she was sure they had a completely good reason.

She suddenly remembered why she had come to Haven Park in the first place: to find Sarah. Walking past the panicking officer she had just finished talking to, she approached the three officers who were standing guard directly at the entrance, with their rifles ready if needed. She tapped the middle one on the back, causing him to dart around and point and point his rifle at her.

"AND WHO EXACTLY WOULD YOU B--" the man paused for a moment and put the gun to his side. "Oh. Sorry, you caught me off guard. Citri, that's who you would be. I'd recognize your face anywhere." He smiled and scratched the back of his head.

Aww, it's fine, Adam! No problemo." said Citri

"I-it's Adrian, remember?" mumbled the guard. "Anywho, what do you think of that broadcast? I wonder what they're smoking right now..."

"Uhh, probably, seithr dust, amirite?" said Citri. "But we really shouldn't talk now! I need to get in. So could you pweeeese let me in, Adam? I mean Adrian?" She winked at him.

Adrian glanced at the other two guards, who just shrugged at him. "Err...well, whatever, I don't see why not. You're one of us, anyway." he said, moving aside to let Citri pass. "I don't know when we'll be seeing each other next, but good luck with whatever little shenanigans you're up to."

Citri walked into Haven Park while patting Adrian on the back. "Thanks, you too. Cya!" she said. She had been on a few assault missions with Adrian, but after a major leg injury, the man was demoted to mere guard duty.

Upon entering the park, the building tension became apparent. She could sense the fear in all the the citizens there. She knew she had to find Sarah, but she realized she could also aid in getting the mask from this "Kai" person, which the Kingdom Guard obviously wanted. She was rather confused about which task she should prioritize...suddenly, she felt very dizzy and confused. She collapsed on the ground, curled up, and closed her eyes.

She was not out for long, as she soon found herself being shaken awake by somebody. She opened her eyes to see Adrian sitting next to her.

"Yo, Citri, you okay, girl?" he asked with a rather concerned look on his face. "I saw you pass out about a minute ago, so I ran over to help." He handed her a styrofoam cup filled with some water.

Citri sat up and drank from the cup. "O-oh...hehe. Sorry, Adrian." she said, still a little dazed. "I'm fine, really. That happens now and then...hehe..."

"Well, alright. Just be careful. Drink all that water, staying hydrated is a good first step to preventing further issues." said Adrian. He patted her on the back and ran back to his post.

Citri did as he said and finished drinking the water. She was still a bit dazed, but she was recovering. What was she here to do, again? Oh, that's right. She had to get Kai's mask! Whoever Kai was. She bit her tongue for a moment, trying to remember if that was the only thing she came here for...she felt that there was something else, but that was probably her mind just playing tricks on her. Ah well.

---------------

Pumice took a metal rod out of his bag and pressed it into the forest soil. He then got out a small video camera and attached it to the rod, adjusting the angle so it was viewing the entrance to the Police Grounds. Perfect. He now had to go behind the Police Grounds, where there was a thin strip of forested area between the fence and the cliff. Simply flying over there was not an option, they would likely spot him at this distance. After thinking for a moment, he crawled a little further from the fence and grabbed onto the trunk of a thick tree. From there, using his wings, he moved tree to tree, using them as cover to minimize chances of detection. In just a few minutes he was behind the Police Grounds.

Peering through the leaves, he could make out the shuttle to the Kingdom Guard Airship. It wasn't a building, rather, a number of pillars holding up a roof, with various helicopter-like aircrafts docked underneath it. They had rotors like a helicopter, but they used a jet system as well, which was located on the underside of the aircrafts. He wasn't entirely sure why they were designed this way, perhaps they used one flight method if the other one wasn't working correctly? They were also much larger than helicopters, rivaling the size of a school bus, although they were about twice as wide as one. Pretty aesthetics were obviously not prioritized during the design process, as they were just coated in bare metal with the screws visible.

Pumice set up another camera with the job of watching the shuttle station. He then climbed up a thick, tall tree -- obviously his wings were required for this -- and quietly nailed a strange device into one of the top branches. He then moved to various other trees surrounding the Police Grounds and nailed the same device to all of them. After this task was completed, he quietly moved back to his original location in front of the Police Grounds. His job here was done.

Last edited:
"Damn it, Can't say I didn't see something like this coming" Lambert looked at the desperate citizens, "The people are scared out of their minds. Don't blame them, if I didn't sneak my daughters out before this whole incident started, I'll be going after that bloody mask of yours myself. We have to handle this as soon as possible. We can't risk anyone's life."

Damn it, he didn't want to get his hands dirty, but the royals weren't giving much leeway. To be truthful, he didn't like the idea of some highers up having a weapon more powerful then they could probably handle, but that might be it. Once they had the familiar, those people down in Lower Avalon will be saved and this own debacle will be dead in its tracks.

It might had given people hope, but Kai, Lambert felt, put too much on a single familiar, once it was taken away so would the people's fighting spirit and unlike Fishwash, he didn't think the nobles would hesitate to use it immediately.

Last edited:
In the tunnels of Vongola
There was so much blood. Tal was having trouble breathing. He didn't do so good around blood.
"Whaa... whaa"
Why was this guy here?
Who was he?
And why was he not dead?
"What the..."
Tal passed out.

Elsewhere...

Swolinn Memba sat on his golden throne, polishing his family jewels. His precious rubies had been passed down in the family for generations. He was last in the long Memba line of royalty, son of Lord Bul-jin. Being the smallest Memba, Swolinn had a general inferiority complex, so whenever Bul-jin was out on royal business, he took the chance to sit on the throne and pretend he was in charge.

MEET UP AT THE USUAL SPOT

"Ahh, the grey reapers meet once again!" exclaimed Swolinn to nobody in particular. He grabbed his familiars, the royal staff and a mysterious bulging bag.
"They'll be no match for my equipment, hehehehe!"
Swolinn loved working for Aeolus, who was pretty much the coolest​.

"True, yes," said Kai. "No life-risking is gonna be the ideal outcome here. Er, whose lives are we worried about risking though? You're not seriously suggesting I should hand it over just cause of that little whatever-that-was, are you?"

Karigen walked into the inn that was fittingly titled "The Traders Inn". He was looking for a "Barbas"? He rubbed his chin in deep thought. Who the heck is Barbas? Without further questioning the voice of an older man called to him.

"You there, lizard boy." Karigen looked in the source of the direction and surely enough there was an old man casually dressed in a Shirt and some jeans, he was clearly far more modern then the other people here who were dressed in clothes that looked like they belonged 70 to 80 years ago back when automatic rifles were few and far between. He walked over to the man.

"Names, Barbas, heard you was talkin' to Gyldr and she sent ya ma way. Good thing too, I'm needin' a person to make a weapons delivery to Avalon for me, for the rebels. Now before you panic and decline like the last person I spoke to you'll be fine, just jumping on an airship with a couple o' other guys I hired. Yer'll be fine."

"I haven't said a word and you've already asked me to do something for you, what is this? Splinters and Specters?" Karigen said, he didn't want to get thrown away. He'd already been sent away from Zeldrid to this olden town and he hadn't payed his bills.

OH ****! He thought to himself as he tightly grasped his head with both clawed hands I haven't payed the bills that were due for the end of the week! I'm gonna lose the house!.

"You seem a little panicked there son? I have a feelin' your gon' decline."

Karigen took a moment to calm himself, took some deep breaths and decided on the plan on action.

"No...I just forgot to do something back home is all, you said this would take me to Avalon? It seems a bit early to go there for myself personally but what's the reward."

"Either coins or a favour of your choice."

Finally this was going somewhere, if Karigen was going to lose the house back home he was going to have to earn himself a new place to stay, besides the company that owned his place could go screw themselves, they kept upping the rent prices for no reason. As if tax back in Zeldrid wasn't bad enough for the upper area to live in perfect domination, paying no tax and getting payed by owning factories...sort of a similar situation like that in Avalon just without the whole rebellion garbage.

"The hut at the edge of village, that's all I ask for." Barbas raised an eyebrow, was he serious? He could've payed him enough to buy both that hut and everything he wanted. He was a Kapshen what would he want with the money? Although he got the best deal out of it because he would make loads from the now multiple rebellion groups in lower Avalon, laundering weapons illegally was a good trade if you could smuggle the supplies in.

"Don't even ask why I want it. Necessities over greed and wants, I need a roof over my head." He quickly threw on, just so this "Barbas" understood why. He didn't need a look inside and it was a small three room hut. A definite upgrade to his apartment back home.

"You got yourself a deal." Was all Barbas said, they shook hands and he quickly told him where the airship was. It was to head to Avalon within five minutes but it wasn't too far from the village as it had a dedicated landing pad for other traders looking to sell or buy wares and supplies for business. Karigen when he was on the airship, left the small village and was on a course to Avalon, hopefully not a one way course but he couldn't help but have this bad feeling in his gut as he seen the small village disappear from sight.

Instead of letting his regrets get to him he began to explore the ship, starting with the crew quarters. He was going to be spending the next few hours here so learning where everything was seemed like a pretty good idea.

Last edited:
"Do you really have to do this on my kite? What's wrong with Erigan?" Leo complained.

"Because it already started decaying and I don't have time to wait." Gale snapped. She handed Weidr some gloves and turned back to the corpse in front of her. "Put these on, the seithr coming off of its body is still super dangerous." Gale waited for Weidr to put them on, then took out her scalpel and started making an incision in the chest cavity.

"Whoa."

Gale had examined an awful lot of splinter bodies, but she'd only ever seen two B-Classes that were well-preserved. She kept expecting them to bear some resemblance to one another, but for some reason, it never happened. Kinda like snowflakes, I guess. The chest cavity showed a kind of "heart" of pure liquid seithr. A large, spherical blob of seithr. The loose tissue within and fewer veins showed the typical methods of shapeshifting, though there were more muscles than lower classes. For faster shifting, maybe? Some of the muscles served no other noticeable purpose.

She continued to cut toward the arm, where the cannons had been. The rigor mortis kept most of the shape, though not completely. However, the inside of the cannons was unlike anything she’d seen in other splinters.

“What’s the issue?” inquired Weidr, noticing her surprise.

“You know how your throat works, with involuntary muscles speeding things along?”

“Yeah, sure.”

“Well, the muscles here function similarly, though they’re much stronger and there are more of them. It’s like a biological rail-gun. What was he shooting out of here?”

“Pure seithr, from what I could tell.”

Gale frowned. How would something like that be even possible? If seithr was like the blood of a splinter, then it would die from firing these cannons with any amount of force even once, or, at least, lose consciousness. Either the splinter would need some way to generate seithr, some way to absorb more, or its base seithr levels would be unreasonably high, and it would die quickly.

“How exactly did it try and attack you?” she pressed.

“Well, it watched the other two splinters attack, then shapeshifted into cannons and began firing. I know that most of the head is gone, but it did grow eyes on all sides.”

“Yeah, I could tell from what remains, unless it was some weird splinter flounder.” Gale wrote down her findings and took visual captures of the remains.

“Wait Gale, how is it that it can just grow eyes? Changing shape seems easy enough, but eyes are far more complex” asked Weidr.

Gale lifted up a flap of skin near the core.

“This here. Versaplasm.”

“Which is…”

“It’s like a DNA strand that can be manipulated to grow into whatever is needed, and incredibly fast. We’ve tried to replicate it ourselves, even using seithr, but we haven’t been able to do so as well as splinters can. Splinters have fairly large reserves of this, and generally the higher the class, the larger the reserve. It’s the main reason they shapeshift as well. Most splinters don’t get smaller when they do so. At least, not without severing limbs or something of the sort.”

Gale finished writing a few notes and took a few more visual captures of the body.

“Leo!” she called out. “This body’s decay could damage your plane if allowed to continue much longer. We need to dump it.”

“This whole thing’s become a real cockup. From a science conference to endangering my bus! Ah, whatever. I’m opening the hangar door in five.”

Once the body was out of the plane, Gale turned back to Weidr.

“Wash the gloves carefully. Even a Volur couldn’t handle pure seithr." She walked back toward her cabin. "I’m off to see Tosjur. Wake me up when you see Erigan.”

That's a weird place to take a nap. Ulrich wondered if he should do something. Looking around him he saw the two pieces of the spirit board scatter in front of him. Frowning, the La March took the board and set it back up in front of him. He looked at the board and than at the gedric and back at the board. He than heard a low growl which upset him. He flushed, "Oh spirits," he prayed, "What is the best way to cook mole?

----------

"What we're risking here is the lives of the people on Avalon. The people you're suppose to be fighting for." Lambert stepped forward pointing, Kai in the chest. Even if he couldn't convince him that the rebellion was doomed, he had to find another way to convince him to help those people, "Think of it this way, don't think they would react kindly to having a gun stuck to their faces. Save them now and they won't protest to taking arms."

He made a hissing sound with his mouth. He couldn't risk those people's lives and while he didn't doubt that he could take some soldiers out in a straight fight, they had hostesses in this situation.

Last edited:
"Nobody's taking arms!"
Ansa stepped between Lambert and Kai.
"We're going to calm down and figure out a solution to this."
-MEANWHILE-
Aeolus stepped onto the tarmac of the Middle Avalon Airfield. It was relatively empty, as most citizens were currently in their homes trying to get in contact with loved ones and to get information about the rebellion. He picked up his phone.
"Pumice? Got in touch with the Grey Reapers yet?"

Not feeling like flying back to the Palace of Wings yet, Pumice played with some leaves. He had some video games on his laptop, but he didn't want to risk distracting himself too much.

He got a message from Aeolus. He glanced at the camera monitors before responding.

"Sadly, no, sir. They're supposed to rendezvous at the Violet Hand Inn, but they haven't showed yet. Believe me, I'm watching this **** right now." said Pumice. "But don't worry! I may be idle atm, but I just finished preparing my plan. And obviously ya' heard the lil' announcement I made, kehehe."

Aeolus grinned.
"I most certainly did. Make sure to keep a tight leash on this. The last ****in' thing we need is for someone to trace back all the chaos to us right now. Of course, soon it'll be too late for anyone to do anything."
As Aeolus spoke, he approached a small cargo ship with a pilot filling up the tank. The pilot turned to Aeolus as he approached.
"Hey buddy, can I help ya with anyth-"
Aeolus grasped the man's face and sent a sharp burst of electricity straight into his brain. Aeolus released the horribly burned face of the man as he fell dead to the ground, his left leg twitching due to the lingering electricity pulsing through his nervous system. Aeolus looked the plane up and down quickly. An older model of the Unix-series cargo planes, easy enough to pilot if you knew what you were doing.
"I need to check something out in Miriel, and from there I'll be initiating the big part of Phase 2 in Vongola. While I'm away, I'm giving you latitude to handle these pathetic little ants how you see fit, but know I don't tolerate failure. I'll leave the Grey Reapers at your command. Contact me via telegram if any pressing matters come up. And I'll authorize use of your Darkstar too. Have fun with it!"
Aeolus got into the cockpit of the plane and checked everything quick. All in working order. He sent a quick message to his other operative in Avalon.
OFF THE RINGS FOR A BIT. THE MASK AND TAMSERIL'S DAUGHTER ARE TOP PRIORITY. I'LL KEEP MY END OF THE BARGAIN IF YOU KEEP YOURS.

Ooc: From now on I will represent the different members of the Grey Reapers with different colored text- Vanquo, Asha, Swolinn

"I have come!"

Swolinn jauntily stepped into the Violet Hand Inn, head held high.
The Inns walls were riddled with decor, all of which, for some odd reason, related to either human eyes or polar bears. The bar was empty, save for the bartender, a balding toothless man with an eyepatch.
"Oh, it's you agin," muttered the bartender.
"Hello Sven! Gimme your finest glass of water."
Sven sighed. "Yeh, we only have one kind o' water" Sven headed for the sink. "Should I be expectin' the other two?"
"Yes Sven, the Violet Hand will once again be hosting a legendary threesome, hehehehe!"
Sven gave an odd look towards Swolinn. "You know wha' a threesome is?"
"A group of three people!"
"Righ', but also it's..." Sven paused. "You know what, forget it."
"What do ya mean?"
Swolinn's thought was interrupted by the screech of the metal door.
"Sven and Lord Memba... we are well met on such an occasion"
Vanquo gave a small bow towards the two of them.
"Vanky!"
Vanquo looked irked. He hated that nickname.
"I suppose you'll take yer usual then," said Sven.
"Indeed."
"One Moonbeam coming up!
"I wonder when Asha will get here?"
---------------

OOC:
Hey kids! It's me Uncle Sven! Want te' know how to make Vanquo's favorite drink? Gather round!

Old Fashioned Moonbeam
Dissolve a small lump of sugar with a little water in a snifter
Add two dashes of bitters, a single crushed ice cube, a piece of lime peel, and one measure of apple or pear brandy
Mix well with a bar-spoon.
After the crushed ice is allowed to fully rise to the top of the glass, sprinkle sugar on the top and serve without the spoon.

Back