Things To Consider About The Next Zelda

regardless of what happens and how it is initially percieved the next zelda game will literally be spectacular. seriously...its IMPOSSIBLE not to create a superb LoZ game (as long as Nintendo does it) like i said...orgasm in a box baby

nic7 said:
I wouldn't expect any zelda game ever passing Ocarina of Time. It brought in so many new ideas as the first 3-D zelda, it was, and still is, too good to ever be passed by one of its own. (You can see the same outcome from Halo)

But, I definitely don't expect a new Celda. I think that will, from now on, strictly keep to handhelds.
OoT was basically:

Zelda + 3D = amazing.

If they made a new Wii Zelda, it would be:

3D Zelda + Wii capabilities = more amazing.

Yeah, after I had my epiphany earlier in the thread, I'd agree. I'm very excited for the next Zelda.

I want a:
Majora's Mask sequel, or a
Minish Cap sequel (3D Vaati FTW!!)

Four Swords Online for WiiWare too,
but Four Swords DS is in the works I believe...

but metroid was the last of the series/trilogy and i think they would have been alright in putting voice chat as they didnt have as much too lose, zelda will and has been going on for ages so if they add voice it might narrow down what they want to do for a next zelda game because it will have to have voice chat.

i would LOVE, the next zelda game to be like oracle of ages, or oracle of seasons on the GBA, but with 3d implemented. they could do soo much, and to be able to see the change in seasons in 3d would be AWESOME. and i loved how they used the sea in oracle of ages just as much as the land.. IMO windwaker had too much sea travelling and the islands were small.

everyone thought that galaxy would not be able to surpass super mario 64, and look what happened. galaxy pretty much nearly beat OOT. i think the next zelda could have major pottential in being better than galaxy if they add something completely new to it. and knowing nintendo, they will

I think the next zelda game would be one of the best. If they only make it for the wii, it would be fantastic. Zelda is a game that has never let me down. Even with windwaker, I thought it would suck, since they went to somewhat real to cartoon, but I end up loving the game. The wii has taken video games to another level, look galaxy. It passed mario 64 because of the wii capabilities. now imagine if that happens with Zelda. I think it will be out o this world! And about the voices, I always like the faces of the characters, oooooohhhhhhh", they are funny, thats a good part of the game. but as long they do a good job, it will be alright.

okay eiji aonuma said two things

one off the top of my head, he said he wanted to make a 3d version of link to the past, i would love this

the second thing he said, was that he wanted the next zelda title to surpass oot in quality

so either way i think the next zelda game will be awesome

nic7 said:
I wouldn't expect any zelda game ever passing Ocarina of Time. It brought in so many new ideas as the first 3-D zelda, it was, and still is, too good to ever be passed by one of its own. (You can see the same outcome from Halo)

But, I definitely don't expect a new Celda. I think that will, from now on, strictly keep to handhelds.
I don't expect a new "Celda" either.

Cell shading was good, but it just didn't feel like a true Zelda game.

Last edited:
i would rather have whole new zelda than a copy of link to the past, it might not feel the same in 3d. and people that have played link to the past already will probably dissapointed to know all the puzzles already.
i havent played it so i guess it would be fine for me :p.
what other options could they have other than a TP style zelda or another CELDA. what do you think are the possibilities? maybe just a darker, more creepier bersion?

Unfortunately, I don't think the new Zelda is going to be too particularly revolutionary. Most of the fanbase is stuck worshiping OoT, and while it is my favorite game too, too many people just want more OoT remakes/clones. Because of that, Nintendo is probably afraid of really shaking things up. Take WW- most people were outraged after seeing the notorious Spaceworld Demo, and even after years some people still don't consider it Zelda.

Heres hoping though.

I wanna see More Swords in Zelda and More Armour I would aslo like to see a fresh new bad guy which maybe could be working alongside Gannon.

I like the idea of Link being washed up in a place we havent seen before. Make the game world absolutley huge with loads of NPCS.

A furtristic Zelda could work it could possibly be the direction zelda is heading in

I didn't really enjoy the wolf part of Twilight Princess infact I thought these parts sucked and I also thought it was lacking in side quests.

And felt rather inear at times

Back