the official "next zelda game" speculation thread

CocoSSBB said:
It burns
Never
Say
That
AGAIN

I don't think it's that bad of an idea. Maybe make like a small debut game with that.. Maybe play as Sheik or something, but it's time that Zelda do something more than just be the damsel in distress.

Floydd said:
I don't think it's that bad of an idea. Maybe make like a small debut game with that.. Maybe play as Sheik or something, but it's time that Zelda do something more than just be the damsel in distress.
The memories of that game haunt me to this day.

First and foremost a difficulty setting should be implemented to satisfy us gamer's who actually enjoy a challenge.

Secondly remove the Wolf / midna crap I found this very repetitive and dull

Thirdly forget Hyrule change the scene pehaps a huge world could be implemented i.e you travel from continent to continent essentially Wind Waker but without the crappy graphics, lame sailing scenes and on a much grander scale.

Fourth introduce a War scenario Link charging on the battlefield riding Epona having to face a shedloads of enemies think lord or the rings.

Fifth alot more focus on Link's youth years obviously you will reach a stage when your character gets older but I would like to see more a emphasis on youth and the challenges you would face i.e lack of sword skill , lack of strength

Sixth it's time for a change remove Gannon and create a new foe or perhaps bring back some old ones i.e Dark Link , Wizard bloke from Link to a Past

Seventh Motion control shield i.e you control how you block i.e high low makes the game more challenging

Eighth Remove the gimmicky weapons and items and rehased ideas it's time for some new creativity.

Ninth Furturistic Setting? or would this be copying FF?

Tenth More swords and Armour and a greater sense of achievement when you obtain a new weapon

Eleventh More side quests that make it worthwhile to replay the game i.e secret useful items. Secret Boss encounters, Hidden Dungeons

^All of those sound great...especially the great war battles...only thing I don't like is the futuristic look, not what Zelda's about

ally_uk said:
First and foremost a difficulty setting should be implemented to satisfy us gamer's who actually enjoy a challenge.

Secondly remove the Wolf / midna crap I found this very repetitive and dull

Thirdly forget Hyrule change the scene pehaps a huge world could be implemented i.e you travel from continent to continent essentially Wind Waker but without the crappy graphics, lame sailing scenes and on a much grander scale.

Fourth introduce a War scenario Link charging on the battlefield riding Epona having to face a shedloads of enemies think lord or the rings.

Fifth alot more focus on Link's youth years obviously you will reach a stage when your character gets older but I would like to see more a emphasis on youth and the challenges you would face i.e lack of sword skill , lack of strength

Sixth it's time for a change remove Gannon and create a new foe or perhaps bring back some old ones i.e Dark Link , Wizard bloke from Link to a Past

Seventh Motion control shield i.e you control how you block i.e high low makes the game more challenging

Eighth Remove the gimmicky weapons and items and rehased ideas it's time for some new creativity.

Ninth Furturistic Setting? or would this be copying FF?

Tenth More swords and Armour and a greater sense of achievement when you obtain a new weapon

Eleventh More side quests that make it worthwhile to replay the game i.e secret useful items. Secret Boss encounters, Hidden Dungeons

A lot of good thoughts for the new Zelda game there. Especially the war idea, and bigger game map. I grow tired going through Hyrule Field and thinking "Wow this is the largest area in the whole game". And more side quests would be fun, ones that actual have a larger significance than getting the Biggeron Sword, or collecting all the chickens etc, etc.

How about a much more darker tone? Like elements of loss, tragedy, Pain

If they do have a war type scenario then how about having real time events that if failed will effect the rest of the course of the game.

I.e If you fail to protect Hyrule village from a onslaught of troops and fail to protect a important person this will have a effect later on in the game.

Then potentially the game could go in many different directions adding replayability?

How about scrapping dungeons all together? and coming up with something else?

Epic Boss Battles I wanna see fricking Huge Battles! I wanna see the struggle of and astonishment on Links face when he first encounters a enemy I wanna see enemies on the scale we havent yet seen in a game before.

I wanna see you having to do something with the wiiremote when you clash swords with a enemy i.e struggle think no more heroes

I wanna see epic journeys to other lands that take skill , dedication , planning to reach i.e climibing up mountains etc,

Sorry I have way to many ideas maybe I should lay down lol

You're gonna be expecting way too much from a Zelda game if you want the next one to be like that, haha. I don't think the producers want to make like 5 potential paths, and conclusions of the game. And I think Zelda was always made to have a sort of good side/light feel and atmosphere for Link. The darkness tone is a good idea though, I like it...

God, you have just too many good ideas. Haha..

Yes techincally it has been announced it was rumoured that production began on it when the Wii was first released.

So expect to see something running on Wii hardware as opposed to Gamecube

No dude Twilight princess started life on the Nintendo Gamcube. It was then ported to the Wii with the wii remote controls implemented.

The new Zelda we're on about hopefully will be shown at this Years E3 if it isn't then I and alot of people will be very upset lol

As we are now in the Nintendo Wii Era and technically in terms of specifications the Wii is about 3x more powerful than the Gamecube. So it Nintendo as the developer utilized this hardware to it's maximum potential we should end up with something looking pretty spectacular in comparison to Twilight Princess which essentially is a Gamecube game.

I have very high hopes for the next Zelda as it's my fave franchise followed by a close second by Final Fantasy. Although the final fantasies in recent years have suck ( FF7 was the best )

Bring on E3 2008 let the hype begin good things are coming for the Wii!

ally_uk said:

If they do have a war type scenario then how about having real time events that if failed will effect the rest of the course of the game.

I.e If you fail to protect Hyrule village from a onslaught of troops and fail to protect a important person this will have a effect later on in the game.

Then potentially the game could go in many different directions adding replayability?

Epic Boss Battles I wanna see fricking Huge Battles! I wanna see the struggle of and astonishment on Links face when he first encounters a enemy I wanna see enemies on the scale we havent yet seen in a game before.

I wanna see you having to do something with the wiiremote when you clash swords with a enemy i.e struggle think no more heroes

I wanna see epic journeys to other lands that take skill , dedication , planning to reach i.e climibing up mountains etc,

they are absolutely awsum ideas!epic battles would be outta this world!imagine a boss that doesnt take less than 5 minutes to beat!:yikes: the bosses in tp were way too easy,esp the second last boss whatevr his name was.i mean u had played them bosses already and then u had to fight them again in a "new way" it was stupid but still though tp is my fav wii game yet.

i wish that there wer two main ppl u could play as this time in the new game. u could have a connection between zelda and link so they could contact eachother r sumtin. then u could play as link and do the fighting and stuff and then play as zelda finding secret passageways and hiding from guards and stuff inside where she is being held captive.brilliant!

i wonder would the developers read any of these ideas for inspiration??if so please read this!lol COOL GRAPHICS, HARDER BOSSES AND LONGER DUNGEONS!ha

Last edited:
ally_uk said:

And then people complain that the game gets delayed...

i don't think we should be fussing too much over the next zelda.

i mean, have we EVER been disappointed with a zelda title? :smilewinkgrin:

Back