Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Your Own Zelda Game

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by Zaine06, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Zaine06

Zaine06 Evil Link

What if you could make your own Zelda game? What would it be like and how would your storyline go?

2. Mrjingles_23

Mrjingles_23 WiiChat Member

man, this is not the place to ask that! I could be like, 8 million years thinking up a creative plot that would stay true to Zelda form! But, lets see, I'll give a little detail...hmm

I think it would take place in a new setting (yay) and I think I would make Zelda and Link live in the same community. Then, their village is under seige, and they escape, but are separated. After Link travels a bit, he fins her again, but soon after, she is captured by the people who destroyed their village, because she has (as true Zelda form would have it) triforce energy. Link then has to go and save her, but they soon realize that he has 'triforce energy' too, so they try and capture him too, and then gameplay, gameplay, and then big battle, Princess saved
    I would probably add more, but this is in a rush:)

3. ocdan

ocdan Pastafarian

I'd like to see a futuristic, or time travelling setting/scenario.... kinda like samurai jack in some sort of way...

4. White-Wolf

White-Wolf WiiChat Member

i would give it charicter development. Twists and turns. Basicly what zelda lacks to make it a true rpg. Maybe give link a background? a famely. Tragity... the works. Have the whole game, were link is trying to find the triforce of curage, but in the story, he is too late, but then ends up having it the whole time, as it slowly manifested with his will to save the princess. all kinds of good things that i dont think zelda games touch on. how about meeting ganon more then twice a game.

I think ww did ok.

#4 White-Wolf, Oct 20, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2006
  5. Mrjingles_23

yea, I like these ideas...lol, we could SOOO come up with good Zelda game...if we had funding, a team of animators, sound affect people, yadayadayada

6. DarkDepths

DarkDepths WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 7061-0622-1076-8579
    7061-0622-1076-8579
    How about this. If everyone can decide on one plot that they all really like, I could make that game in the nes style. Or for that matter, in a 2d style, which ever perspective that people like. Unfortunatly, I am not very good at
    3Dimensional games yet, but still...

So if you want to do this, all I require is the storyline and important plot points. I don't make many clones, but I am pretty good at level design and that so it should come out pretty good!

7. White-Wolf

I think doing a port of link to the past would be awsome. I got leet photshop and dzn skills handed down from my teachers.

But to be truthfull without a 20 man team it would take a few years and i dont know if I can dedicate that kind of time.

8. Mrjingles_23

haha, thats awesome..lol, I would like to do it, but I dunno if we could all get togetehr on the forum and get a good plot together...

9. Icetrash

Icetrash King K.Rool

Wii Friend Code: 4727-8101-2072-3014
    4727-8101-2072-3014
    how about the name for a time travelling one it would be called Legand of Zelda: Time Perishes...... how do you like that bitches?

10. m7ticalm

m7ticalm WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0287-9971-6660-4138
    0287-9971-6660-4138
    How bout Link with guns.... Dual uzies and dual swords....

11. ocdan

ocdan Pastafarian

gunblades?

12. DarkDepths

7061-0622-1076-8579
    ... thats a new take on it. What about in a more urban setting then... with more "people" than creatures.

13. White-Wolf

I dident think that link fought enuff humans. It would really change combat. I think more combos would be nice too, if we are talking about a 3d game that is.

14. linkzeldagame

linkzeldagame Posts when necessary.

I'm already in the process of making a big Legend of Zelda game (one without Zelda actually) and yeah it's taught me heaps about how to make a Action/Adventure game. The avatar pics I've used are the screen dump pics from the game. Not to say that there's a triforce to be found in this game but I can choose it to have one or not XD.

Btw I'm thinking of putting a Dark Link as a mid adventure mid level boss in one of the temples in the game but it's already proving to be quite tricky to program.

Making a game really does make you appreciate how great some games are and it shows how much effort a team of programmers/artists and story developers have have made to achieve a 'great' game. LoZ OoT for one.

15. nintendowiigaming.piczo

Wii Friend Code: 6319-9882-8659-0638
    6319-9882-8659-0638
    YES do that;) i bet it'l be A perfect game if u do that!

16. Zaine06

Zaine06 Evil Link

If I could make a zelda game I would make it to where you could play with a dark link side. You could either play as link or evil link. At the end of the evil link story it would probably when he kills good link and blow the lands of hyrule to smitherines. And good lin is to where he kills evil link and saves the land of hyrule.

17. DarkDepths

7061-0622-1076-8579
    Ok... how about then something that counts your badness. For example the more random people you kill, the higher your badness level is. Then the level just alters around that. I could do that quite easily!

18. ocdan

ocdan Pastafarian

how about a Zelda MMORPG? WoH=World of Hyrule
    takes place in future hyrule ruled by Queen Zelda and King Link, somehow disable from adventuring. You form a 4+player guild in honor of Link and Zeldas and do quests in the name of Hyrule.

19. myagirl

myagirl Evil Princess Zelda

How about a zelda game where the game is only about zelda. That would be a good solo game for zelda.

20. MetroidZ

MetroidZ Only took 4 years to get1

Wii Friend Code: 1000-0000-0000-0000
    1000-0000-0000-0000
    dark link joins bad guys, gets betrayed and used. then he wants to get revenge and the adventure begins...