Third Party Controllers?

AoWFraggit

WiiChat Member
Dec 30, 2007
Wii Online Code
8480-0209-2306-3955
i just bought 2 gc controllers off ebay (in preparation for ssbb), and i just realized they're actually third party controllers. i thought they looked official, but it turns out they haven't got the nintendo label on em or anything.

i was just wondering if anybody's experienced any problems with third party gc controllers?

The Wavebird wireless is amazing. I would still be using mine after 4 years of owning it had I not accidently broke the port for the controller (this does not break easily, don't worry)

The MadCatz wireless is pretty crappy. the analog sticks get stuck, and the buttons stop working after about 2 months.

the pelican is the worst you could possibly get! the buttons barely work! I returned it after 15 minutes of play.

Wavebird

813226.jpg

Madcatz
DBMWS-556160.jpg

Pelican

450906d.jpg

I don't know much about any third-party wiredcontrollers.

Hope I was helpfull!

Last edited:
I got 2 used wavebirds for $18 each (actually less because I got an edge discount plus traded in some stuff for them.)

Hmm, I got like 3 madcatz, they all work still work perfectly. I think 3rd party controllers are fine, besides... they're cheap.

i dont think the wavebird is third party. whatever you do never buy a madcatz wired controller. the wire rips, yeah you heard me it rips! personally i prefer the first party controlers due to the comfort and size. if you can still find a store that sells them, then you can probably get it cheap.

Hmm, maybe you don't take care of them or something :p Mine still looks new. Except for the analog, the rubber has worn off one.

T3kNi9e said:
Hmm, I got like 3 madcatz, they all work still work perfectly. I think 3rd party controllers are fine, besides... they're cheap.

So...never get an interference issue? Do they have a dial to change the channel/frequency for each wireless controller to reduce interference?

I already have two wavebirds myself (and love 'em), but my friend needs a GC controller and the wavebirds have been discontinued.

Back